Youmacon 2016 Fan Art Theater Competition Winners Announced!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2016 Fan Art Theater Competition Deadline Extended Oct 11th

Post by ngsilver » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:26 am

After milling things over with my staff considering commitments made at AWA and issues for our potential submitters in the southern coastal states due to Matthew we found we do have a little wiggle room in our schedule to allow or a brief extension in our deadline.

The new deadline is now October 11th. This is a final submission deadline and there will not be much time available to re-submit if there are issues with your entry so please keep this in mind. All entry forms and Web Upload requests MUST be in our hands by 11:59 PM EDT on October 11th! Submissions will be turned off at that time.
ImageImageImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:47 pm

YAY!
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

synopsysbane
Org Profile

Post by synopsysbane » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:40 pm

hopefully this will help people have a better chance of submitting

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Final reminder that the final deadline for submissions in a little over 24 hours away from this posting! Get your last min entries in!
ImageImageImageImage

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:44 pm

Wasn't possible, I tapped someone in a parking garage, and it was a rental car. I didn't want to spend the hours doing paperwork, the other driver didn't either, and the cop seemed annoyed, but the rental car company insisted it be all by the book. In the end I just got a call from them saying, "Oh, yeah, we've decided this was nothing."

Thanks, guys. There went my last day of editing time. It isn't finished.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:51 pm

Deadline has now passed. All entries have been received and status updates sent. If you are unsure of the status of your entry please check the entry status page.

Thank you to everyone who submitted, this is our biggest year yet! A lot of great entries and I am looking forward to judging them this year. Good luck to all the entrants and those that missed the deadline better luck next year.
ImageImageImageImage

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Re: Youmacon 2016 Fan Art Theater Competition Submissions Closed

Post by Sephiroth » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:02 am

Had an issue, for some reason apparently the link didn't go to you guys but i wasn't informed of it till after said day passed. Had a similar issue with another vid but it did inform me before the final due date that you guys didn't get said link.
This has no relevence to the discussion above it

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:29 am

Multiple emails were sent to all entrants who did not have videos submitted. Including one over a day ago, I know you were one of these Sephiroth. I've made updates here stating that all received entries were validated. It is still expected that all entrants check their entries status on the site (as the status update emails only go out when a change in status happens and even then emails can get lost, which is why all links I receive are stored in the database and I verify the received links before closing the contest) and that all submitted entries would be checked and status updated within 72 hours of submission. If you did not heed these ample warnings, available entry statuses, and rectified the issue then I'm sorry, better luck next year.
ImageImageImageImage

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:31 am

It's fine, the update i was given on Sunday said that the video was unviewed, understand that i took that as meaning it had been received. It's your contest just was something odd that happened to me.
This has no relevence to the discussion above it

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:38 am

Excerpt from the help section of the entry system (for everyone who hasn't seen it yet) on entry status changes:
Unviewed - This status is the first status that will appear after you enter your video information and submit your entry form. This means that while the entry form has been submitted the form has not yet been seen by the coordinator.

Entry Form Received - This status is the second status that you should see. This means that the coordinator or someone helping out with the contest has seen your entry form.

Video Received - This status is the third satus that you should see. This means that your video has been physically received. This could either have been via FTP or Snail-mail. Either way, your video has made it into the hands of the coordinator.

Video Checked - This status is the fourth status that you should see. This means that your entry has been checked to see it if stands up to the requirements outlined in the contests rules. This includes proper encoding, file type, file size, video quality, audio quality, and anything else deemed nessisary.

Video Accepted - This is the final status that you should see. This means that your entry has passed all stages of pre-judging (if there is any) and that it is accepted to take part in the contest. This is confirmation that your entry will be in the contest.

Accepted for Overflow - This status will normally appear at the same time as Video Accepted. This status means that your entry did not make the cut in order to be in the contest proper (if there is a cut.) As it states, your video is now accepted as an overflow entry and will be shown during the convention during the overflow showing (if there is one.)

Problems Found - This status can appear at any stage during the submission proccess. This is a general ticker allerting you that there is a problem with your entry in some form. The coordinator will contact you about this problem and a possible fix. This also will accompany the Disqualification Status if your video has been disqualified.
These have not changed since the system was put in place years ago. Though I do admit I need to update to add wording related to web link uploads as well. The status you should be looking for is Video Received, which means your entry is in our hands. Until that status is on the entry you video submission is not complete.

As a note, most of you now a days wont even see Entry Form Received as with the web link uploads as soon as an entry form is sent in I get the upload link as well, check the upload link, and move right on to Video Received. I think only 1 user actually used the FTP system this year, and as such I'm debating removing that feature in the future, and expanding the accepted online storage sites for web links.
Last edited by ngsilver on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”