Just want some feed back

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Bonds
Org Profile

Just want some feed back

Post by Bonds » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:37 pm

I think im starting to understand the basics of a good amv but I need someones opinion to make sure :D

Heres the link

[Added YT Embed - Kionon]

RayizerAMV
Org Profile

Re: Just want some feed back

Post by RayizerAMV » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:46 pm

yeah it's quite basic , but you make it good by timing and cutting clips together to match the song as good as possible and not simply a song over a random clip like most amvs does :p . But there are some parts doesn't sync the beat well and there were some few second delay before changing scene. You should try syncing the clips better by making the scene change super fast , you did well in the 0:41-1;05 by making it slow. But when it come down to 0.27 -0.40 for example , should be a much quicker pace. If you can sync all the scene to the music lyrics as well as the beat then it would be perfection. Next step , maybe try adding some flash to sync the beat or be creative and add cool effects and maybe going advance by using masking.

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Post by ChronoWraith » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:57 am

Hi Bonds, welcome to the Org! You should upload your video here so that it gets indexed with the rest, that will also help other members be able to provide feedback. If you don't want to upload it you could still catalog it so that others can search for it here as well.
<----Place Holder---->

Bonds
Org Profile

Post by Bonds » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:18 pm

RayizerAMV wrote:yeah it's quite basic , but you make it good by timing and cutting clips together to match the song as good as possible and not simply a song over a random clip like most amvs does :p . But there are some parts doesn't sync the beat well and there were some few second delay before changing scene. You should try syncing the clips better by making the scene change super fast , you did well in the 0:41-1;05 by making it slow. But when it come down to 0.27 -0.40 for example , should be a much quicker pace. If you can sync all the scene to the music lyrics as well as the beat then it would be perfection. Next step , maybe try adding some flash to sync the beat or be creative and add cool effects and maybe going advance by using masking.
Yea I know the program I use makes it a little difficult and this program I use doesn't let me use the greatest effects

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:10 pm

What are you editing with? And effects aren't something you want to toss around willy-nilly, anyhow. I'd focus on learning your sync, internal and external, and how to create flow with just simple cuts and fades before tossing around what effects you do have access to.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Bonds
Org Profile

Post by Bonds » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:37 pm

Kionon wrote:What are you editing with? And effects aren't something you want to toss around willy-nilly, anyhow. I'd focus on learning your sync, internal and external, and how to create flow with just simple cuts and fades before tossing around what effects you do have access to.
something called Filmora

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Are you on Mac? I found this review:
Filmora Video Editor mostly fills the rather sizeable gap left by Apple’s reimagining of iMovie and has a number of unique tricks up its sleeve, but suffers from slow performance and compatibility issues with external video hardware that make it less desirable for prosumers.
Sounds to me like the effects are probably not easily controlled or applied, nor are they really customisable. The timeline is probably okay to use for cuts and fades, although it sounds like an Adobe Premiere Elements would even then be a better choice. I think I'd stay away from the built-in effects.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “Works in Progress”