Post Your Rig 2015/2016/2017, It's Been Long Enough

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Tigrin
Org Profile

Re: Post Your Rig 2016, It's Been Too Long

Post by Tigrin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Cool! Is the car seat comfortable to sit in? @_@ Also jealous you live in Tokyo...

Here's my desk in my apartment.

Image Image

The machine is a modified Dell XPS... I used the TB hard drive as a data drive and installed a 250 GB SDD for the boot drive. .-. I also installed more memory (24 GB though I don't think it lets me use all that?) and a better graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760). The laptop on my desk that I've dumped stuff on top of is just for when I need to do overtime for work.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Actually, I'm a total Suburban/Rural type. Give me Saitama/Gunma border any day over crowded, noisy, visually overwhelming Tokyo. I used to drive my Honda hatchback to work, now it sits two hours away (parking in the city, nope nope), and I take the subway. Tokyo isn't really my bag, but I couldn't turn down the type or pay for the position I took, so Tokyo it is.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Tigrin
Org Profile

Post by Tigrin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:42 pm

Kionon wrote:Actually, I'm a total Suburban/Rural type. Give me Saitama/Gunma border any day over crowded, noisy, visually overwhelming Tokyo. I used to drive my Honda hatchback to work, now it sits two hours away (parking in the city, nope nope), and I take the subway. Tokyo isn't really my bag, but I couldn't turn down the type or pay for the position I took, so Tokyo it is.
Yeah I'm the same way, not a city person at all, so I live in the East Bay and commute like an hour by train/subway to San Francisco for my job. :T

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Post by ChronoWraith » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:50 pm

It's not the most interesting rig but it's worked for me for years with only minor upgrades/repairs needed

[edit Adding specs]
16gb ram
6 core 3.2ghz processor
nvidia 670
4TB HDD space with another 36ish in the NAS box on the floor (mainly used for backup and Plex streaming).
old shitty 24.4" widescreen monitor

Also it's always gray because I'm in Seattle and we don't get sun here.
Last edited by ChronoWraith on Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
<----Place Holder---->

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 pm

18 years of editing rigs!

1998-2001: Sony VAIO Mini-Tower (333mhz Celeron, 32MB Ram), Compaq Presario Tower (600mhz Celeron, 64MB Ram). Storage increased over the years.

2002-2004: Sony VAIO Laptop, no clue of specs anymore.

2005: ShuttlePC, again don't remember the specs. Purchased first Apple, Mac Mini 1.4GHz PPC 120GB HD 1GB Ram for journalism classes.

2006-2007: First use of dual monitors, ALL THE COMPUSA STORAGE. This was about the time I started to get annoyed with Windows.

2007: New Samsung monitor Niotex recommended. Also, hi Seoul, South Korea. How you doin'?

2008: Hi, Japan! Hi, Windows Vista...

A magical dual switching of Mac Minis...and another Vista reinstall...

Okay, screw Windows, said I, as I turned my ShuttlePC into a fully functional Hackintosh.

2009-2010: Two G4 PowerMacs, Intel 2.1GHz Core Duo Mac Mini, MacBook White 2.4Ghz Core Duo, lots of screen space. This is by far the most comfortable I'd ever made myself. But it was total hell to move, and it turned me into a minimalist again. It started my lack of interest in acquiring stuff. I still own all of the KOR stuff, of course, but it's in storage.

2012: Traded the Mac Mini in for a MacBook Pro aluminum body, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 64Gb SSD, 4GBs Ram.

2013-2014: The MacBook White died, and I've been back to a single machine since then. iPad 1, iPhone 3G unbearably slow, sold to RUSSIA! Goodbye, 20" Apple Cinema Display, hello LG 23" IPS LED.

2015: Meet the new MacBook Pro, same as the old MacBook Pro, except for the 2.5GHz Core i5, still on Apple Care. iPhone 5c, iPhone 6S, Time Capsule, Wireless Keyboard. I also got an Epson Projector around this time. You can see it in the new pictures.

And that brings us up to speed. Expected acquisitions soon: new speakers and headphones, possibility of a bigger screen, and an older MacPro Xeon. But I'm saving for some major medical expenses, which I have asked for help with, so I don't want to be too ostentatious.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Post by ChronoWraith » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:09 am

hot damn Kionon. I'll see if I can drag up some of my old ones.
<----Place Holder---->

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:01 am

Bam! $150 Sony MDR-XB610 headphones for $50 in Akihabara.

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:57 am

Trying to figure out the projector set up. There's a USB option that should run the projector without me using my minidisplayport, which should allow essentially for triple screens (laptop, IPS LED, projector), but right now I'm using VGA, it runs from the computer to the projector, then another VGA cable runs it to my the IPS LED. But it would be so much better if I could run the timeline out to the IPS LED and the video output window to the projector. I'd probably use the laptop screen for AviDemux/MPEGStreamclip/Photoshop.

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kumorigoe
Org Profile

Post by Kumorigoe » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:02 pm

It's been a long while since I've posted here, but here's my current desktop. I should do some editing on it someday...

A long way from my first editing rig, that's for damn sure. I don't have all the pics of my previous systems like Kionon does, but there have been a few between this one and my first.

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Post by ChronoWraith » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:51 pm

@rromig - what's that on the floor?
<----Place Holder---->

Return to “General AMV”