Could I get an AMV?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
pureharmoniouslove
Org Profile

Could I get an AMV?

Post by pureharmoniouslove » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:41 am

I'm an independent composer who got in on the AMV, somewhat hooked on it. I love how editing/camera angels/the right music/etc can create a music video entirely different to the story line, still make sense, and be moving. I frequently watch/share them to spread its glory. I want to write music to a AMV. The only problem is I never made one before, and know I will be bad at it. I was hoping someone could give me their AMV without the music and I can write music over that. I will give you credit in the video but that wouldn't matter. I'm not trying to make any money out of it and its just for the love of the art, so Itll just blend in as the one of many that are out there.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Could I get an AMV?

Post by Mol » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 am

It would be a fine idea.. but you know eiting without music is kinda pointless as whole thing will be out of sync :P. There are mayny aapproaches you could try. Wrtie a simple instrumental piece for example-no lyrics, no problem. I guess from that one could build lyrics on an amv.
Still better than that MMO.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:59 pm

Mol wrote:It would be a fine idea.. but you know eiting without music is kinda pointless as whole thing will be out of sync :P. There are mayny aapproaches you could try. Wrtie a simple instrumental piece for example-no lyrics, no problem. I guess from that one could build lyrics on an amv.
Or collaborate with the editor to build the music around a concept, sync style, etc. I know this has been done at least once before, with this video, where Nostromo was involved with the creation of the track based around his video, and vice versa. It's interesting but I imagine it would take a looooot of work from both parties.

Otherwise yeah, it's kinda silly. Making an AMV requires some kind of sound off of which to build the video...otherwise the editor would just be going in completely blind, throwing stuff onto the timeline without knowing if what s/he is doing is going to make any sense to the composer/musician. It would certainly be an interesting experiment, though, I'd totally watch the end result.

pureharmoniouslove
Org Profile

Post by pureharmoniouslove » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:02 am

Well ill do it just for practice then. Could I get one of yours? It doesn't have to be good if I'm not going to show anyone. I'm going to school for music and gotta take film scoring classes anyway and its the exact same thing.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:48 pm

Feel free to us any of my amvs :P If you decide for public dun forget o throw me some bones :shrug:
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “General AMV”