Another cancer for AMV Communities

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
AntaresHeart07
Org Profile

Another cancer for AMV Communities

Post by AntaresHeart07 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:52 am

I found a youtube channel who reupload amvs without credit the original authors. He changed the titles and deleted intro/outro of the original amvs, I asked to him why he stole to other editors and he deleted all my comments.. probably he wants 'glory' with stolen amv.
I hate this kind of people and I report this channel, please report you too!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi3RC_ ... rX-Qg6NfXg

Ochinchin AMVs
Org Profile

Re: Another cancer for AMV Communities

Post by Ochinchin AMVs » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:22 am

Wow really? Dang. A couple questions: What option should we click when reporting? Also: Could you please provide some example(s) of videos that the channel has stolen? They're not just borrowing the videos with permission are they ?I just want to make sure we're reporting someone who's stealing stuff.
Ore wa Ochinchin ga daisuku nandayo!

Ochinchin AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Ochinchin AMVs » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:26 am

I also think their comments might be fake, does it seem like that to you? I can't tell.

Ochinchin AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Ochinchin AMVs » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:34 pm

How do we report them? When I go to report, none of the options seems appropriate. The only copyright option is "This violates *my* copyright", it doesn't say that I can report for others' stolen vids. What option should we click on?

AntaresHeart07
Org Profile

Post by AntaresHeart07 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:45 pm

I reported him for spam, it's the only possible option...

Lirinis
Org Profile

Post by Lirinis » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:36 pm

Oh, he stole our channel art. Must be a not so bad art.
Ochinchin AMVs wrote:How do we report them? When I go to report, none of the options seems appropriate. The only copyright option is "This violates *my* copyright", it doesn't say that I can report for others' stolen vids. What option should we click on?
Generally, you can not make legal statements on behalf of other people unless you got a power of attorney. If you want those videos down, you should find the actual authors and persuade them to file a copyright strike. It's the only option.
AntaresHeart07 wrote:I reported him for spam
Did he spam? False accusations cannot hurt him.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:43 pm

It seems like, since no legal action can actually be done, the only thing you can do is stalk and harass them to the point where they start crying and delete their channel :awesome:

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:30 am

My videos mostly suck, so if he tried to take credit for my work I would feel more confident about my work. I take it as a compliment if someone tries to take credit. And even if they give credit and don't ask for permission to post my videos, it gives my video more exposure which I like.

Besides, this hobby is pretty much copyright infringement. It's debatable whether it is fair use. We didn't get permission from the music artist or the anime developers to minipulate their pieces of art. If we should complain about people stealing our precious amvs or not asking permission to post our videos on utube then so should owners of the music and anime. I'm just saying it's not a big deal to me. We should be grateful for even being allowed to do this hobby without the music and anime industries breathing down our necks

Return to “General AMV”