New & Ready for Suggestions!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
TheRecoverer
Org Profile

New & Ready for Suggestions!

Post by TheRecoverer » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello! I'm new to this site, and to making AMVs, but I'd like to give it a try!
I'm not really sure where to start though, because I don't want to copy anything that I've already seen or is already super popular.

So, I'm open to suggestions of both music, animes, etc! I'd prefer to work with something that I've watched and know, however, because that way it's easier to apply to the lyrics and their meanings.
Here's a list of Anime that I've seen:
Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters
Deadman Wonderland
Blue Exorcist
Inuyasha
Wolf's Rain
Samurai Champloo
Parasyte: The Maxim

Not Animes(but still know well):
Teen Titans
Supernatural
The Walking Dead
The Legend of Zelda
Baten Kaitos
The Nightmare Before Christmas

I'm completely open for music, though I would love some creepy or dark songs. I've been considering mixing both 'Sound of Silence' songs, but I don't know what anime would go well with it.

Any other ideas are welcome! I'm open to trying requests too, if you have an idea, but don't want to or know how to execute it.
Thanks! :)

destroyer437
Org Profile

Re: New & Ready for Suggestions!

Post by destroyer437 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:05 am

Yu-gi-oh: Before the duel by dark moor

Deadman Wordland: Jekyll And Hyde by five finger death punch

Inuyasha: animal i have become by three days grace

Wolf's Rain: you can't take me by byrian adams

Samurai Champloo: Forgotten by linkin park

Parasyte: The Maxim: Alive by Stria

TheRecoverer
Org Profile

Post by TheRecoverer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:49 pm

@destroyer437
Thanks for the suggestions!
I like the Deadman Wonderland idea the most; I might give that a try! Sorry for replying so late, but thanks none the less.

Ochinchin AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Ochinchin AMVs » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:01 am

Oooh, I've been considering maaybe working with Disturbed's Sound of Silence, though primarily I'm planning on making something with their song The Light. I'm guessing if you were going to make a Sound of Silence AMV, it would need to 1. feature music/musical instruments in the anime, 2. be sad/depressing with some hope in it. It would also be pretty darkly colored if you're going by Disturbed's music video, at least that's how I envision that going.
Ore wa Ochinchin ga daisuku nandayo!

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:33 am

Ochinchin AMVs wrote:Oooh, I've been considering maaybe working with Disturbed's Sound of Silence, though primarily I'm planning on making something with their song The Light. I'm guessing if you were going to make a Sound of Silence AMV, it would need to 1. feature music/musical instruments in the anime, 2. be sad/depressing with some hope in it. It would also be pretty darkly colored if you're going by Disturbed's music video, at least that's how I envision that going.
Sound of Silence would be cheesy.

Ochinchin AMVs
Org Profile

Post by Ochinchin AMVs » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:03 am

exkcal wrote:
Ochinchin AMVs wrote:Oooh, I've been considering maaybe working with Disturbed's Sound of Silence, though primarily I'm planning on making something with their song The Light. I'm guessing if you were going to make a Sound of Silence AMV, it would need to 1. feature music/musical instruments in the anime, 2. be sad/depressing with some hope in it. It would also be pretty darkly colored if you're going by Disturbed's music video, at least that's how I envision that going.
Sound of Silence would be cheesy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opyv8kbhpZQ
Ore wa Ochinchin ga daisuku nandayo!

TheRecoverer
Org Profile

Post by TheRecoverer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:46 pm

@ochinchin Thanks for the help! If I use Sound of Silence then it would definitely be cool to have an anime with characters that play instruments.

Return to “General AMV”