Round 1: Twelve Talismans {Results & Videos Available}

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Round 1: Twelve Talismans {Results & Videos Available}

Post by Kireblue » Tue May 17, 2016 10:39 am

Welcome one and all the the start of Project Org Editor 2016! To start things off, we're gonna take you back to the early 2000's. This was a point in time when watching Saturday Morning Cartoons was the highlight of every child's week. And one that was especially popular was an American animated television series called "Jackie Chan Adventures". It stars a fictionalized version of action film star Jackie Chan, and follows him on his quest to find a collection of twelve powerful magical artifacts known as the Talismans of Shendu. Each talisman is named after a animal in the Chinese zodiac and grants its user a very unique power. If put in the wrong hands, these talismans can be used to revive the evil Shendu that threatens to take over the entire world.

Round Challenge
For round 1, you will be choosing one of the Twelve Talismans and editing a video inspired by their powers. Please note that the theme of your video should be their powers, and not simply the animals that they're named after. For example: Editing a video about dogs will not be enough to satisfy the theme if you choose the Dog Talisman. You're allowed to incorporate dogs into your video, but the core concept should be about its powers of "Immortality and Rejuvenation". A list of the powers relating to each Talisman can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EqD ... sp=sharing

Round 1 Deadline:
Sunday, June 26th @ 11:59PM EST

Submitting Your Video:
When finished, please upload your video to a reputable file sharing service and send the download link to me via a private message here on animemusicvideos.org. The body of your message should also include the name of the Talisman who's powers your video represents, and the title of your video. Google Drive and Dropbox are the preferred methods of uploading your video, but please ensure that the URL you send is a “shared” or “public” link. Sendspace is not recommended due to a daily download limit that it imposes. Note: Youtube or ”streaming only” links will not be accepted. You do not have to wait until the final day to submit your video. You are also free to publicly share and upload your videos before the deadline. Just be aware that doing so may help your opponents. If you finish early and feel that your video does not need anymore tweaking, you may submit it at any time before Sunday, June 26th @ 11:59PM EST. At the end of each round, all the submitted videos will be made available to the public to stream on google drive. If you would like the download option to be disabled on your video and to only allow it to be streamed, please add this request to the body of your submission message. By default, all videos will be made available for download unless the editor specifically requests that it doesn't. Editors also have the option to request that one of their videos be completely unavailable to the public, and only the judges will be able to view it. This option is only available during the preliminary rounds, can only be used once, and can not be changed to a different video (even if the editor chooses to remove the restriction on the previous one).

[Join Project Org Editor 2016 Skype Group]

Abogado
Org Profile

Re: Round 1: Twelve Talismins {Deadline June 26th}

Post by Abogado » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:02 am

Would an AMV about emotional/mental healing be accepted for the horse talisman, or only phyical healing?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:25 am

Abogado wrote:Would an AMV about emotional/mental healing be accepted for the horse talisman, or only phyical healing?
What you described matches the word "Healing", but it doesn't match the "Horse Talisman" IMO. The theme of this round focuses on the powers of the 12 talismans, and there is nothing in the show's lore that suggests that the horse Talisman also provides mental healing.

This is my personal interpretation though. Other judges may disagree .

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Post by Xophilarus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Abogado wrote:Would an AMV about emotional/mental healing be accepted for the horse talisman, or only phyical healing?

I would accept this interpretation, but just keep in mind it would be a lot harder to sell it. Especially since the only set and stone definitions are the ones written about the Talisman so that's the only way you'll guarantee judging consensus. It's basically your call whether you wanna make the risk or not ^^

WolfandSerpent
iz a grill
Org Profile

Post by WolfandSerpent » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:04 am

Well I forgot completely about this XD I'll probably have to skip this round, have no time currently, but I look forward to seeing what everyone makes
Kind of sad though, I like this theme D:

ChibiAhiru
Org Profile

Post by ChibiAhiru » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:32 pm

So when you send the private message to submit the video, how do you attach the file? I see there are options to attach youtube and vimeo links, but since they're streaming sites you can't use those sources...

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Post by Xophilarus » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Kireblue mentioned in the submission instructions this " Google Drive and Dropbox are the preferred methods of uploading your video, but please ensure that the URL you send is a “shared” or “public” link. " so you would upload it to a place like that and give us the download link.

Ayuzawa
Org Profile

Post by Ayuzawa » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:55 am

Hi, its my first time participating in this event and forum/community and since apparenlty i registed not so long ago, it does not allow me to PM you... is there other way i can link you my video ? (still being made tho)

Ayuzawa
Org Profile

Post by Ayuzawa » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:57 am

Ayuzawa wrote:Hi, its my first time participating in this event and forum/community and since apparenlty i registed not so long ago, it does not allow me to PM you... is there other way i can link you my video ? (still being made tho)
Nevermind, it only needed one post on the forum, sorry the spam

Return to “Project Org Editor 2016”