Four New AMVs ^.^

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Xophilarus
Org Profile

Four New AMVs ^.^

Post by Xophilarus » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Hi! It has been a while since I posted in AMV Announcements so I decided to go ahead and post my fours most recent videos on here xP I am going to go ahead and list the videos in the order I like them the most in rather than release order, starting with the one I am personally most happy with.

I love Wolf's Rain. It introduced me to anime outside of children's shows, and I just really wanted to make a video capturing the spirit of it. I found this show really emotionally traumatizing when I first watched it so I definitely wanted to explore the darker elements of the show in this video. I just really hope I did the show justice with this video xD

I made this video because I wanted to edit with a song of my people, and I felt like trying something super silly xP

The OVA to this was only 30 minutes, but it touched me in that time so I wanted to make a little video and dedicate it to my lost pets.

I was going to make a completely different video with this series, but when I was scrolling through the footage, I was surprised with all of the lesbian-like scenes so I decided to make a video putting a twist on the love triangle in the show xP

Glitzer
Org Profile

Re: Four New AMVs ^.^

Post by Glitzer » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:06 am

God this post is quite the emotional rollercoaster. First, getting hit hard with such a heartfelt Wolf's Rain amv, and then laughing at your Watamote video, and going right back to tearing up during your tribute to your pets. Beautiful concepts, all of them.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:24 am

Mounting Dread
Xophilarus wrote:I just really hope I did the show justice with this video xD
Yeah, I think you really did. I like how your video was less of a single linear story and more of a compilation of all the stories of each Wolf and the things that brought them to that point. And your mood was really on point. Nice job :up:

Bi Time High
That one was fun to watch and worked really well :up: :awesome: . The way you cut off out the buildup of the song made it start too abrupt IMO though. Personally, I feel that it takes a few moments for viewers to adjust and get into the mood of a video. And so jumping strait in without a buildup causes them to miss what happens in the beginning because they aren't prepared to start paying attention (if that makes any sense).

Tender Bonds
At first I was a little confused why the video focused so heavily on the cat when the song was clearly talking about the girl. But when the reveal happened at the end, it hit me like a truck. I CAN'T TAKE ALL THESE TOKYO MAGNITUDE ANIME! :asd: But seriously though, it was really good and did a great jo at setting up the feels.

Les-Bi-Angst
I'm just a little indifferent on this one because even though it was handled really well and had nice editing, I had trouble getting over the suspension of disbelief of your pairing (probably because I've already seen so many vids with that show). And so it was due less to your editing, and more of my inability to distance myself from what I believe the anime is about (since I haven't actually seen it). You credits fkn killed me though :rofl:

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:16 am

Xophilarus wrote:

I made this video because I wanted to edit with a song of my people, and I felt like trying something super silly xP
Only one of these 4 that I'll watch for now but wow, this was a good way to start my day. I don't know if not knowing anything about this song beforehand made this more funny or not but yeah, this is the "fun" video to beat so far this year IMHO.

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Post by Xophilarus » Mon May 02, 2016 10:35 am

Glitzer wrote:God this post is quite the emotional rollercoaster. First, getting hit hard with such a heartfelt Wolf's Rain amv, and then laughing at your Watamote video, and going right back to tearing up during your tribute to your pets. Beautiful concepts, all of them.

xD Well, I am glad you enjoyed them. I hope you start editing more, you OPM vid was fabulous ^^
kireblue wrote: Yeah, I think you really did. I like how your video was less of a single linear story and more of a compilation of all the stories of each Wolf and the things that brought them to that point. And your mood was really on point. Nice job :up:

Bi Time High
That one was fun to watch and worked really well :up: :awesome: . The way you cut off out the buildup of the song made it start too abrupt IMO though. Personally, I feel that it takes a few moments for viewers to adjust and get into the mood of a video. And so jumping strait in without a buildup causes them to miss what happens in the beginning because they aren't prepared to start paying attention (if that makes any sense).

Tender Bonds
At first I was a little confused why the video focused so heavily on the cat when the song was clearly talking about the girl. But when the reveal happened at the end, it hit me like a truck. I CAN'T TAKE ALL THESE TOKYO MAGNITUDE ANIME! :asd: But seriously though, it was really good and did a great jo at setting up the feels.

Les-Bi-Angst
I'm just a little indifferent on this one because even though it was handled really well and had nice editing, I had trouble getting over the suspension of disbelief of your pairing (probably because I've already seen so many vids with that show). And so it was due less to your editing, and more of my inability to distance myself from what I believe the anime is about (since I haven't actually seen it). You credits fkn killed me though :rofl:
Thank you! I pretty much agree with everything you say. I still like starting Bi Time High in a jarring way since it is attention grabbing, but I knew the start would split opinions xD. Also, Les-Bi-Angst ended up secretly becoming about the credits because holy shit, they never stop crying LOL.
seasons wrote:
Only one of these 4 that I'll watch for now but wow, this was a good way to start my day. I don't know if not knowing anything about this song beforehand made this more funny or not but yeah, this is the "fun" video to beat so far this year IMHO.
I'm glad the video started your day well, and that you enjoyed it so much xP I hope you like the others as well whenever you get around to them ^^

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”