Spring 2016 Anime lineup

Jasta85
Org Profile

Spring 2016 Anime lineup

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:20 pm

https://www.livechart.me/spring-2016/tv

My "definitely will watch" list

Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season: very good old school series (hell the manga ENDED in the 90's I believe) with good modern animation. Looking forward to see how this ends.

Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai: Huge fan of the JoJo series, and have forced myself to hold off on reading the manga to avoid ruining the anime. My hard work is going to pay off soon. Interesting that they changed the animation style for this new series as well.

Terra Formars: Revenge: Talk about a grim setting, so many characters die in this series. Picked up the manga after the first one ended but then stopped when I heard season 2 was coming out. Will watch this but most likely end up in depression after each episode.

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season: Cliche as hell and filled with stereotype characters but I finished the first season so I'll be watching this one just to see the story progress.

Boku no Hero Academia: Great newish shonen series, basically sort of the naruto of this anime generation as far as I'm concerned. Love the manga, looking forward to the anime. Being made by Bones as well so it's going to have solid production values.

Magi: Sinbad no Bouken: Magi is one of the best shonen series around (and its written by a woman) and the prequel series (same author), which I thought would just be a couple of spinoff chapters, turned into an amazing series on its own. Really hoping they hurry up and do the next season of the main series but I'm happy to see this as well.

There are a lot of other series I'll be checking out so I won't list them all, overall this is looking like a great anime season. Normally this list only has like 2-4 series that I know I'll be watching.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Spring 2016 Anime lineup

Post by Kionon » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Besides Sailor Moon, the only series I can really see myself watching would be 12歳 and ねこねこ日本史...
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:44 pm

Just looking at the list, most likely gonna follow Hero Academia, JoJo, and Terra Formars for now. Might check out others once they start airing and the memes start flowing. I wanna check out Magi, but I skipped out on the second season and I don't remember why.
Under Construction

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:03 am

8bit_samurai wrote:Just looking at the list, most likely gonna follow Hero Academia, JoJo, and Terra Formars for now. Might check out others once they start airing and the memes start flowing. I wanna check out Magi, but I skipped out on the second season and I don't remember why.
If you liked the first season, the 2nd season is even better. The pre-quel series is a bit slow to start off but does become very good in its own way, and you'll enjoy it a lot more after seeing the original series as its all about the origins of Sinbad and his companions.

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:15 am

Depending if I still have it or not I'll check it out. Otherwise it'll have it wait a couple more weeks. Though if that happens then most likely the 2nd and 3rd season's gonna be put in the backlog, unfortunately.
Under Construction

Joe88
Org Profile

Post by Joe88 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:54 pm

nothing too intresting from the looks but I will be watching the
ace attorney anime
asterisk war s2 (its terrible, but I already wasted 12 eps in it might as well see if its gets better, which it won't...)
Bakuon!! (yes another "girls x object" anime, will see if how it reviews, seems to be very low interest though)
Kuromukuro (i'm a sucker for mech anime)
Sakamoto desu ga? (this actually looked pretty good and deen redeemed themselves last season with konosuba and Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju so will check it out)

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:45 am

坂本ですが?
Sakamoto desu ga?
. possibly entertaining but;
not much of a selection to choose from!
- of course, last time things looked THIS boring
we had many unforgettable series like
The World God Only Knows and ....

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:20 am

Other than yonkoma anime (anime based on four panel strip manga), I don't really like most of the offerings. Too much of it, especially the moe stuff, is just too derivative. It all kind of blends together. And there's not a whole lot of stuff that seems really new or revolutionary. True, the same can be said of the yonkoma, but the difference, of course, is that I tend to like stuff that's focused on the comedic aspects of Japanese daily life, so it's okay if that's repetitive.

Different strokes and all that.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:06 pm

The shows I'm interested in this lineup are:

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Bungo Stray Dogs
Joker Game
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable
Big Order
Macross Delta
Kagewani: Shou

Of all those picks, my most anticipated are Macross Delta and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:36 am

Hey everyone. I'm in the process of making a "Anime First Impressions" section in the Org's newsletter that will be released next month. In a nutshell, It will consist of very short reviews of this season's anime from various members of the site. And so If you want to participate , here is the form to submit your reviews http://goo.gl/forms/GVSB0jr6xx . Your reviews should be really short phrases to describe the shows that are currently airing from the perspective of a editor. So for example, you might say that a show has good fight footage, and natural transitions.[/quote]

Return to “General Anime”