Best Use of Single Anime

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Best Single Source Video

Post by seasons » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:20 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:I could post a number of videos here but I'm just going to mention this one because nothing else even matters.

Were you able to successfully nominate this? Because I'm trying to and it's not on the list of videos to nominate for this category.

Hirou Keimou should have 3 eligible AMVs for that category this year but nothing she made is showing up. Maybe I don't understand this whole process after all.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:28 pm

seasons wrote:
CrackTheSky wrote:I could post a number of videos here but I'm just going to mention this one because nothing else even matters.

Were you able to successfully nominate this? Because I'm trying to and it's not on the list of videos to nominate for this category.

Hirou Keimou should have 3 eligible AMVs for that category this year but nothing she made is showing up. Maybe I don't understand this whole process after all.
Looks like that user has a hidden video on their profile page that violates site rules by having no audio and no video listed.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Best Use of Single Anime

Post by seasons » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Damn.

Since there's no way for users to delete video entries, she's permanently banned from all future VCAs! Unless she eventually edits the entry with imaginary sources.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:22 pm

seasons wrote:Damn.

Since there's no way for users to delete video entries, she's permanently banned from all future VCAs! Unless she eventually edits the entry with imaginary sources.
... or, idk, ask an admin to fix it. There's even a link for that.
| | |

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:19 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:There's even a link for that.
Where?

I know that sounds like a really stupid question but it's not in the VCA FAQ.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:40 pm

seasons wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:There's even a link for that.
Where?

I know that sounds like a really stupid question but it's not in the VCA FAQ.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... te_vid.php

It's not under the VCA section because it has nothing to do with the VCAs. It's something to fix the other 11 months of the year.
| | |

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Well I guess I'll PM the editor about it but I think the deadline is upon us. Thanks, though.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:28 pm

For reference, the deletion form actually is mentioned on the VCA eligibility page as well (in the third requirement listing).

:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Hirou Keimou
Org Profile

Post by Hirou Keimou » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:32 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
seasons wrote:

Looks like that user has a hidden video on their profile page that violates site rules by having no audio and no video listed.
Oh god, I brought this up with admins ages ago on their normal "request for this entry to be deleted" page. Their response is that it is still a "valid entry" since audio/video can be added; :roll:
Spoiler :
of course, it's all a mishap because I really loved reading over "please be positive this is an anime prior to submission" when I could find no list of confirmed anime on a-m-v.org without beginning a new entry; and unlike YouTube or Tumblr or... about every other site, a-m-v.org does not have a "save as draft" area on their entries.
The administrators who handled my case said I should add video/audio for it; but it's an entry which logically does not exist since a) I never created a video for it because the anime for it still is not confirmed (about two years later now) and b) I don't plan on creating the video now as I no longer have the files for it.

Look, I'll hand them it's my fault for beginning a new entry :oops: ; but I will not pass that anime is not confirmed for a long period of time and a list should be made; if I've been overlooking the list, then it's again my fault. On the other hand, a "save as draft" would be a useful tool to integrate into the website, too.

When it comes down to the administrators or their choice for banning, it's not really an area I can do anything; as I did bring this up twice before only for them to dismiss it. I don't view my so-called "entry" as an entry, and I move on; keep it hidden. There is nothing I can do if the administrators who handle the case don't wish to see my side of it. On the other hand, seasons brings up an interesting subject: for a ban like this, I never received an e-mail or PM about it once; nor a warning. I count this as odd... :? Someone is... likely not doing their job then because all changes to accounts result in e-mails or PMs.

In regards to the videos, all of my videos are on YouTube right now; I know it's inconvenient because of copyright (and Germany...) but it's all I can do in that area since Vimeo removed my account. I don't know if this issue will ever be handled (or if the entry will ever be removed) but I've no time or patience to continue pursuing it. :(

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:33 pm

Regarding the deletion, I see your second request thus far you put in today to have the video removed. I've gone ahead and approved it since you've made it clear that you were just testing to see what anime are in the catalog and which ones aren't. Looking back at the original request, I can understand how the other mod who denied it could have misunderstood thinking that there may have been a video but you weren't sure whether or not you could upload it based off of the anime. If you ever have issues like that in the future, I highly advise to just PM a mod or admin to ask what's up. A lot of people put in fake reasons or vague reasons for deletion requests that we're forced to deny but I'm not going to say we don't get it wrong every once in a while. Hell, I've personally messaged an editor before to let them know I goofed and denied their request but corrected it right away.

The way that it typically works (this is just for future reference) is that if the anime is listed in the catalog then you select it and add it to your video entry. If it's not, you add it yourself and simply request for it to be confirmed here: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 5&t=123272
This information isn't properly communicated and it's obvious it's a problem. I'll be presenting a proposal to the rest of the administration to hopefully help with issues like this in the future. I totally agree that a Save Draft option would be a phenomenal feature to add to the website, and hopefully it's already one they have listed for the redesign they're currently working on. The current upload system has been the same (minus the awesome new in-browser uploading) for over 15 years and it really does need an update.

Regarding the "ban", there wasn't really a ban or anything. Typically, these checks are in place to prevent editors who upload broken (lacking the proper information for a catalog entry) or incorrect (videos that don't meet the site's requirements such as live action or non-anime animation) videos to the catalog and participating in the VCAs. It's not that someone is out for you, but just the normal way that it works.
We do publicize and advise people to check this page prior to the VCAs starting since it will outline any issues that may be preventing an editor from competing in the VCAs. We don't typically send out individual emails regarding this since the VCAs are 100% voluntary. Even if the error is not caught prior to the VCAs starting, as long as we're made aware within a timely manner we can correct these problems.

Return to “2016 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”