RIP Umika

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
slimed
Org Profile

Re: RIP Umika

Post by slimed » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:30 pm

this hit pretty hard. i didn't know her personally but i feel as though i do through videos and artwork. what a ridiculously brilliant artist. there was so much to look forward to in her work, a grace and talent that has never touched the amv community before. always single-handedly raising the bar for the community and herself. i'm sad that i won't be able to continue to wait in suspense and anticipation for your works any longer, but i know they would have been phenomenal as always

will continue to watch your videos regularly and be inspired by your visions. rest in peace Umika; you will be dearly missed

Magicflier
Org Profile

Post by Magicflier » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:24 am

Rest in peace, Umika. @@

Glitzer
Org Profile

Post by Glitzer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:29 pm

Ever since I saw Traumerei all those years ago, I dreamed to express myself so beautifully as you did. The "making of" your videos show just how much care went into your work.

Rest in peace Umika, you were one of the best, and you shall be remembered.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:42 am

I just watched Our Tapes for the first time (don't ask) and I couldn't really make heads or tails of it BUT I haven't seen K-On! and I think that's probably key to getting anything at all out of the experience, isn't it? Like, it's quite possible that this whole storyline was built from scratch but maybe you have to come into it with a certain set of expectations for something like that to really effect you, I don't know. Man, trying to write semi-thoughtful posts on a mobile device is a pain in the ads.

One thing I know for sure is that it's really not a good idea to watch dn@'s F.Y.C. before Our Tapes because it really does completely kill the dramatic impact that's probably supposed to be there. But I had about 3 years to experience it before it was parodied and it's not like I didn't know that Our Tapes was a hit and an acclaimed video. It was so popular and respected that I felt like I'd better "prepare" myself for it in advance of watching it, which I never did until now.

It's encouraging to see so many people coming together to acknowledge one of our own like this, pity that I've seen it happen so many times by now.

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:50 am

oh man she made some sick videos so sad to see her go so young :cry:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:26 pm

seasons wrote:I just watched Our Tapes for the first time (don't ask) and I couldn't really make heads or tails of it BUT I haven't seen K-On! and I think that's probably key to getting anything at all out of the experience, isn't it?
Not at all, actually. I suggest you just rewatch it a few times~

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:53 am

I'm...honestly not sure if I've seen her work or not. Still, all loss saddens me, sorry to hear this.

Return to “General Discussion”