Anime Boston 2016 - Winners Announced!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
WinterRaineeDay
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2016 - TWO WEEKS LEFT (Deadline 2/13)

Post by WinterRaineeDay » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:54 am

I'm still new in this convention stuffs but the less than 1 year of freshness , does it mean the entries which previously already been uploaded on Youtube can be submitted?

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:24 am

WinterRaineeDay wrote:I'm still new in this convention stuffs but the less than 1 year of freshness , does it mean the entries which previously already been uploaded on Youtube can be submitted?
That's correct, as long as it was first available to the public less than one year ago.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:59 am

LantisEscudo wrote:
WinterRaineeDay wrote:I'm still new in this convention stuffs but the less than 1 year of freshness , does it mean the entries which previously already been uploaded on Youtube can be submitted?
That's correct, as long as it was first available to the public less than one year ago.
I thought it was based on date of completion (the only date the form asks for... and what it explicitly states in the rules).
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:23 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
LantisEscudo wrote:
I thought it was based on date of completion (the only date the form asks for... and what it explicitly states in the rules).
Forgive me, I'm not normally that imprecise. Note to self, no more responding to threads before breakfast.

Yes, the freshness rule is based on the date you complete your video, but we can only enforce that using publicly available dates: either a YouTube upload date or the deadline of another contest. So if you finished a video and then sat on it for a year before sending it anywhere, you're technically in violation of the rule, but we can't prove that.

In practice, there's usually so little difference in time between completion and either upload or submission that it hasn't mattered.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:13 pm

LantisEscudo wrote:... So if you finished a video and then sat on it for a year before sending it anywhere, you're technically in violation of the rule, but we can't prove that.
Just curious, why do you care when a video is finished more than when it premieres? Like you said, that rule is unenforceable. :shrug:

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Rider4Z wrote:
LantisEscudo wrote:... So if you finished a video and then sat on it for a year before sending it anywhere, you're technically in violation of the rule, but we can't prove that.
Just curious, why do you care when a video is finished more than when it premieres? Like you said, that rule is unenforceable. :shrug:
Because it's a remnant from earlier incarnations of the rules and will be rewritten for next year.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:34 pm

Gotcha :up:

WinterRaineeDay
Org Profile

Post by WinterRaineeDay » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:28 am

Submitted an entry ^^

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:02 am

I sent you a couple videos! The first is a bunch of genres, so I would not be offended if you moved it into another applicable category. :)
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2016 - LAST DAY TO SUBMIT (Deadline 2/13)

Post by LantisEscudo » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:14 am

Hey, everyone!

We're down to the last day! If you haven't filled out the form and uploaded yet, get cracking! There's less than 24 hours left to do so!

If you uploaded your video in the last day and haven't seen a confirmation email yet, I'll be verifying your entry in the morning and you should see the email come in then.

If you uploaded longer ago than that and haven't seen the email, send me a PM or an email through the Contact Form and I'll check what's up.

To everyone that's already submitted, thank you! We have a ton of great videos so far, and it's looking like we're going to have an amazing contest this year.

Return to “AMV Contests”