Oni-Con XII AMV Contest, Editors & Peoples Choice Winners!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
MaboroshiStudio
Org Profile

Re: Oni-Con XII AMV Contest, Finalists Announced!

Post by MaboroshiStudio » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:13 pm

I so wanted people to experience Reform School Girls... LOL congrats to the other finalists
Reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...

www.maboroshistudio.com
YouTube Channel

HaremAMV
Org Profile

Post by HaremAMV » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:26 pm

Great job everyone! a little disappointed that I didn't get in the finals. but, I'm glad I got to participate!

Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:22 pm

:o I made it to the finalists? That never stops shocking me XD Thank you :D

TheRoseAngel
Org Profile

Post by TheRoseAngel » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:26 pm

Y'a know it really sucks when you work really hard on amv for months, and it doesn't end up on the contest. I've been submitting AMV's to this contest for 2 years and it kinda hurts my feelings its like your saying the video was bad. and yes i have made some bad amvs overtime but the ones i work super hard on is where i get kinda upset on. I was LUCKY when i herd it played at megacon 2015. I was really happy when it played.

TBH I don't care if it didn't win i'd only care about it playing in the contest. I'm sure the other competitors would agree. i mean its already bad enough that anime matsuri ALWAYS cancels their AMV contest. I'm just saying out of respect for the other AMV competitors who didnt make it in.

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:54 pm

TheRoseAngel wrote:Y'a know it really sucks when you work really hard on amv for months, and it doesn't end up on the contest. I've been submitting AMV's to this contest for 2 years and it kinda hurts my feelings its like your saying the video was bad. and yes i have made some bad amvs overtime but the ones i work super hard on is where i get kinda upset on. I was LUCKY when i herd it played at megacon 2015. I was really happy when it played.

TBH I don't care if it didn't win i'd only care about it playing in the contest. I'm sure the other competitors would agree. i mean its already bad enough that anime matsuri ALWAYS cancels their AMV contest. I'm just saying out of respect for the other AMV competitors who didnt make it in.
I can understand what your going thorough, but we have made a commitment that all videos that are entered into any of our hosted AMV Contests will make an appearance on our TV show. While its not the same as showing it in front of a live audience, its the next best thing. Its always tough sorting through lots of entries and only have to choose, but what it comes down to is time constraints, we have a 2 hour show and 30 videos will just fit into that time slot.
AnimeFunTV First & only TV Show in the Nation dedicated to AMV's on Public Access TV & former AMV Contest sanctioning body.
Past Full AFTV Episodes Available on Rumble & Odysee
Other Videos & Projects = Youtube
A UltraSonic Entertainment Production

Dragonrider1227
Org Profile

Post by Dragonrider1227 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:37 pm

TheRoseAngel wrote:Y'a know it really sucks when you work really hard on amv for months, and it doesn't end up on the contest. I've been submitting AMV's to this contest for 2 years and it kinda hurts my feelings its like your saying the video was bad. and yes i have made some bad amvs overtime but the ones i work super hard on is where i get kinda upset on. I was LUCKY when i herd it played at megacon 2015. I was really happy when it played.

I totally understand and know how you feel. I also totally agree about how you don't even care about winning. I strongly feel the same way. Could I perchance see what you made?

Xophilarus
Org Profile

Post by Xophilarus » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:47 pm

Why don't you try sending your videos to other editors first, or asking for their opinions on a project you are working on. That's how most people end up really improving, getting help and advice from their peers. Contests are contests, and not every video can be a finalist unfortunately, but it is best to figure out what you possibly did wrong and improve on it rather than just getting upset, and making it sound like it is the fault of other people ^^ I'm sure plenty of editors, myself included, would be willing to beta test/give advise on videos. Also, if you aren't willing to handle the possibility of being rejected, you may want to reconsider entering contests for a while. If you make the choice to enter contests, you also have to accept the possibility you won't be a finalist.

Blazed Apart
Org Profile

Post by Blazed Apart » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:57 am

Hey dude, I know what that feels like. I even wanted to quit after never making it to a final or anything. Is there someway I can see what you submitted, because I'd really like to help you improve or just give you help in general (if you want it :) )

TheRoseAngel
Org Profile

Post by TheRoseAngel » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:13 pm

sure heres what i was sent in for drama https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUklbwdeXe0

speedy180
Org Profile

Post by speedy180 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:36 pm

Holy crap that's quite the surprise. Thank you.

Return to “AMV Contests”