Org Profile

Re: Round 1

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:46 am

Group A videos are due today. :ying:

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - All Group A Videos Available

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:00 am

Group A has a total of 9 videos with no non-competing submissions. There will be 4 eliminations and all videos are available for download at this time.

Group B videos are due today.

Findread
the Anime Racist
Org Profile

Thoughts on Group A

Post by Findread » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:41 am

First, I really liked the song, so I was waiting to see what came of it.
Memory Replay: Loved alot of the syncing and the transition effects, the emotion was good though it did feel a bit forced in places. Lyrics of the song half fit, half don't. Anohana wouldn't have been my first choice, but it fit suprisingly well. The main problem I could see with this video was the amount of editing used. Not alot of natural sync, and alot of the clips didn't really transition well into eachother, some of the changes were jaring. Though I really liked it. Nice bounce, good flow. Awesome job.

ReplayyalpeR: Really funny and clever. Not tecnical at all but it nails what it was trying to do. I found it really funny.

Salad Days: While I think the lyrics are kinda missed, and the emotion is pretty ok. The editing is fantastic, alot of great effects and natrual syncing that works very well. I think the tecnical aspect is where this one shines.

Replay: Prob my favorite, really good in all areas. Especally the sync, just has the drop and the grove this song has. Lyrics fit well too. Amazing job, a joy to watch.

Hands, Faces, and Other Bodyparts: Well this one destroys the lyric sync. It's bout sex. And this is what this AMV is. Tec was good. But it was a bit simple for my liking. Props to NotReallyHere for going all out with the lyrical sync.

She Is My Song: Didn't really like this one. No context really, some clips weren't synced and the tec wasn't really there. Just clips with no real transitions.

Guility Renewal: Nice context, lyric sync and some good light usage at the beginning.

My Digital Lover: Really liked the lip sync, along with a clever context. Using the anime used to great effect. Tec is ok. I rate 5 Shaft Head Tilts/10

I Am Dumb: Liked alot of clip usage, no real context. Lyric syncing was there. If just using the theme of "Replay" and "Song" tec was shown at some bits but really never used enough.

Overall, I really liked Group A's song and the AMVs worked very well. I'd pick Memory Replay, Salad Days, Replay, Hands, Faces, And Other Bodyparts and Guility Renewal to move to round 2.
Awesome work so far guys!
Finn
"Guess I'll go with the flow...whatever that means."

Return to “The Quickening 2015”