Project Org Editor 2015: Rules & Information

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Project Org Editor 2015: Rules & Information

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:40 am

Project OrgEditor has always had a "Enjoyability", "Overall" or additional category that was meant to include the judges' overall opinion of the video. I don't have any intention of changing that, and if you wish to join the competition, feel free to ignore whatever scores that we give for "enjoyability". If that aspect of the competition is enough for you to not want to join, then I apologize. It has never been a issue or caused problems in past OrgEditors, but if it suddenly causes a problem in this one, me and the other judges will re-evaluate it and adjust it for future installments. But for our 2015 competition, it will remain a component of our judging system.

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:11 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Overall: How the video comes together as a whole. Does the editing/sync, the theme challenge, the technical qualities and the concept meld together well?
this is quite different than enjoyability or rewatchability.

though, my bad if i was misunderstood. i wasn't trying to propose any changes and it doesn't have to do with whether i'd personally join or not. the idea was being discussed by a few others and i figured it would be input worth considering, or not. anyway, a themed IC should be interesting. good luck :up:

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:33 pm

kireblue wrote: Yes. You will always be free to use whatever song or anime that you choose. We will never force you to edit with a particular song, anime, or even edit a specific genre. Al of these decisions are completely up to you
Just making sure but does this mean there won't ever be a theme like the 80's where we have to use music from a certain time period, because personally that was my least favorite theme.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:46 pm

Zanzaben wrote:
kireblue wrote: Yes. You will always be free to use whatever song or anime that you choose. We will never force you to edit with a particular song, anime, or even edit a specific genre. Al of these decisions are completely up to you
Just making sure but does this mean there won't ever be a theme like the 80's where we have to use music from a certain time period, because personally that was my least favorite theme.
That was also my least favorite round to judge. I never liked the idea of limiting a person's song selection, and so we won't be continuing any rounds like that.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:37 am

slimed wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote: In that case you are either a robot or you are lying to yourself - is what I think. No insult intended ^^;
i mean, objective critique isn't that weird? it's a violently stressed point by most any design-related professor. there are plenty of good reviewers out there, and it's a necessary ability for every single good reviewer. you not feeling capable objectivity doesn't mean that everyone else isn't

anyway, that wasn't the point of my post.
I mean, there is nothing as an objective critique. We can all try to get as close as possible (and that's what reviewers are prefered to do, yes), but unless you can abstract from your personality (which is actually possible under some mental illnesses) or have no personality at all (robots, etc), you will never achieve perfectly objective ratings. It's because we are humans, that is all :3

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:01 pm

The "25 Days of Project Org Editor" countdown has officially begun! Each day, I will be posting one of my favorite videos from the past years of the competition. I hope you all enjoy
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 8&t=123273

knage
Org Profile

Post by knage » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:28 am

So is there a sign up or do we just stay active on this thread?
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmARoS ... GP_b7rHM7g

I edit with a passion. Remember my name.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:20 pm

knage wrote:So is there a sign up or do we just stay active on this thread?
There aren't actual signups. On July 6th, round 1 will begin, and a new thread will be created to announce the theme and submission instructions. And so you essentially sign up when you submit your first video.

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:21 pm

:bzz2: GET HYPE, PEOPLE~! :bzz:

(Btw, count me in. This was always my favorite competition hosted on the org. :up: )

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:14 pm

AngelDragoon wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/19c35oi ... iginal.gif

:bzz2: GET HYPE, PEOPLE~! :bzz:

(Btw, count me in. This was always my favorite competition hosted on the org. :up: )
glad that you're excited :D

Return to “Project Org Editor 2015”