Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: [PixelBlended] Seasonal Anime Picks - updated w/ Fall 20

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:01 pm

There were some good ones last season, personally my top 3 for winter are:
-Maria the virgin witch
-Death Parade
-Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata

Tokyo Ghoul A would probably be a good series if you never read the manga. The problem is I have read it and it really skimmed over so many things (they tried to cram 2 seasons worth of content into 1 season) and I really didn't like the way they redid the ending, the manga's ending was a LOT more impactful.

World Trigger, Kuroko's Basketball, Akatsuki no Yona, Aldnoah Zero, Log Horizon 2 and the Seven deadly sins all began over 1 season ago and were all great but I don't know if they would be included for winter anime only. for example I love log horizon but found this season to not be quite as good as the previous one IMO.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:34 am

Jasta85 wrote:There were some good ones last season, personally my top 3 for winter are:
-Maria the virgin witch
-Death Parade
-Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
Unfortunately, I didn't actually watch any of your top 3. I had planned on checking out Death Parade Maria the virgin witch, but didn't get around to it. 3 shows that wont be on my list since they already on my lists from previous seasons are "Your Lie in April", "Aldnoah Zero", and "Parasyte". They maintained the same intensity that they had when I first recommended them, and they all ended marvelously (especially "Your Lie in April"). I don't ever recall the ending of show hitting me as hard as the end of "Your lie in April". "World Trigger" is also a really good show that is ongoing, but it never seems to make my top 3 list. It always seems to sit at a comfortable #4 spot LOL

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: [PixelBlended] Seasonal Anime Picks - updated w/ Winter

Post by Kireblue » Sun May 24, 2015 12:10 pm

PixelBlended Studios: "Well, it’s finally here! We sincerely apologize for how horrendously late this poster is, but please enjoy it anyway. These are kireblue and StarTrinity009’s Top 3 Picks for the Winter 2015 anime season."

Winter 2015
Spoiler :

*You can click the poster for a higher resolution image

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue May 26, 2015 9:58 am

][quote="Jasta85"]There were some good ones last season, personally my top 3 for winter are:
-Maria the virgin witch .... [/quote!]
Yup. Those, followed by 3 others that were Really Bad Failure sorta makes me wonder if having just one series per Anime Schedule would be a better way of watching things!?!

Girlz Und Panzer.- Loved it.
.. the studio was in an upgrade to UHD standards plus got caught in that weather damage which delayed its episodes from being released each week on-time yet, those who liked this concept ARE truly devoted fans. -- yup, I'm one.

Isuka. - it had a plot until the Anime came out!

Twin Tails. - Humourous but, alas, self serving.

. it could just be that like many, I've fallen into an Anime Rut
There doesn't seem to anything using "out of the box" thinking anymore and I miss THAT.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:10 pm

kireblue wrote:PixelBlended Studios: "Well, it’s finally here! We sincerely apologize for how horrendously late this poster is, but please enjoy it anyway. These are kireblue and StarTrinity009’s Top 3 Picks for the Winter 2015 anime season."

Winter 2015
Spoiler :
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://pixelblended.com/2015/05/23/pixe ... nter-2015/

When you pick series, do you include continuation series or only series that started that season? Was wondering since Durarara is both a continuation but also started that season as well.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:22 pm

Jasta85 wrote:
kireblue wrote:PixelBlended Studios: "Well, it’s finally here! We sincerely apologize for how horrendously late this poster is, but please enjoy it anyway. These are kireblue and StarTrinity009’s Top 3 Picks for the Winter 2015 anime season."

Winter 2015
Spoiler :
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://pixelblended.com/2015/05/23/pixe ... nter-2015/

When you pick series, do you include continuation series or only series that started that season? Was wondering since Durarara is both a continuation but also started that season as well.
Continuation series like Naruto, Fairy Tail, and World Trigger are excluded from our picks. But since Durarara had a long break in between its 2 seasons and added X2 to it's name, I considered it a new series just like I did for Psycho Pass 2.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Re: [PixelBlended] Seasonal Anime Picks - updated w/ Winter 2015

Post by Ileia » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:45 am

Unlocked at OP's request.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:44 pm

PixelBlended Studios: "Hey guys! Kireblue and StarTrinity009’s Top 3 posters are back. Due to complications, the posters were put on-hold, but now they are back with a better, simplistic format. We are very satisfied with the updated look, and we hope you are too!"

Fall 2015
Spoiler :

Last edited by Kireblue on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:46 am

would have flipped a table if one punch man was not on that list, definitely the most stand out series of the season, and a top contender for the year. Mad House pulled no punches (no pun intended).

Other than that I didn't really have strong feelings about any of the other series, some of them were fun to watch but nothing really mind blowing.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: [PixelBlended] Seasonal Anime Picks - updated w/ Fall 2015

Post by Kireblue » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:05 am

PixelBlended Studios: "Our seasonal anime picks are back! And now, they are included in AMV Monthly Newsletters for January, April, July, and October. Please check them out!"

Winter 2017

Return to “General Anime”