Anime USA 2015 AMV Contest completed results posted page 5.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Freki
Org Profile

Anime USA 2015 AMV Contest completed results posted page 5.

Post by Freki » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:11 pm

Welcome! AUSA invites you and everyone that wishes to come and enjoy the 2015 AMV Track at Anime USA! We, the AUSA AMV staff wish to put out a challenge to all AMV Editors and Studios to put their game face on and make their best work to date! Let's do this! If you will be attending the con and you wish to speak about how you edit your AMV's or even if you decide to show people the AMV's that inspired you or even your top 10 AMV’s! We have room for panels! If you'd like to watch some Fan parodies, we will of course have those again, and we will have an After Hours track as well to allow for the racier AMV's to be shown! See below as to the things we have for you this year, and the descriptions of the events follow.Please NOTE change of submission Deadline to September 21st, 2015

Finalists posted: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 9#p1541809
Results posted: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6#p1542206

This year we are having the following events:

The 2015 AMV Contest -- This is your standard AMV contest, the rules and submission information follow the descriptions of this year's AMV Track offerings.

AMV Overflow -- AUSA AMV Staff will choose videos that did not make the final cut. If an AMV is disqualified but it falls within the rules of the contest with the exception of time limit it will be shown here time permitting. You cannot request to have a video go directly into this overflow. The AMV staff will determine what content will be placed in this panel.

The 2015 AMV Halloween Contest (Halloween and or horror themed contest) -- 18+ content. These videos will be for editors to show us what they can do with the theme of Halloween or horror. If your video does not make the cut for this contest it will show during the AMV After Hours track. This will be in the 18+ track, so contest rules #2 and 5 are modified to allow for more explicit content in terms of nudity, offensive language and violence. If videos are received with any of these in extreme excess they will be disqualified.

AMV After Hours -- 18+ content, allows for more violence/gore but still not extreme amounts, some nudity but not extreme amounts, and some offensive language. This is not a contest but a place where AMVs that are not making the contest and contain mature content. If you think that your video would make the “mature” content please do not enter it in the contest AND ask for it to be shown here. You are not limited to the time limit specified in rule #7 but we will have a limited time for this showing. The AMV staff will decide which AMVs will be shown here, and do not need to be “mature” content to be shown. If you have an AMV that is not a finalist, it may be shown here. If an AMV is disqualified due to rule #2, then it will probably be shown here, so you will get the exposure for your AMV. You may submit an AMV to be shown here, the AMV must be made by you or your “studio”, and must conform to the guidelines set forward in the normal AMV contest rules except the rule about no nudity, offensive language or excessive violence/gore which is modified to allow for some of these. Submitting an AMV for this panel will not count against the number of submissions for the contest. There will be a section of the submission form to indicate that a specific AMV is for this panel. Time limitations will affect our choices as to what will be in this panel, and will have no bearing on the full AMV contest what so ever. Enjoy and be creative!

AMV Panels -- Do you like AMVs a lot? Do you make AMVs? Are you an AMV Judge at another con? Well for any reason if you wish to discuss AMVs then apply for a panel spot! The AMV Coordinator will inform anyone of accepted panels, and the panel times. These panels are for anything to do with AMV's, your top 10, your best editing tips, your best tips to have AMV's judged well in contests. Also if you wish to have 18+ content please inform us on your panel submission.

AMV Parodies -- Well we have heard of the good old "This is Otakudom!" and there are many more out there! AUSA will bring several for your viewing pleasure! Two such videos are: "This is Otakudom!" and "Fanboy Soze", both by Scott Melzer. More will be added as they come in.

Anime USA 2015 AMV contest rules:
Submission deadline: September 21st 2015, 11:59pm. (FOR ALL FORMATS)NOTE CHANGE OF DATE
1) Each person/studio may submit up to 3 AMV’s in total for both the normal contest and the special 18+ Halloween/Horror Themed contest, but no more than 1 per category.
If you are part of a studio, you may submit AMV’s either as yourself or as the studio. You still can only have a combined number of 3 AMV’s between them.
2) No nudity, offensive language or excessive violence or gore. The audience for this will be a general, all age audience! If you wish to enter something that is equivalent to an R Rating See our After Hours showing.
3) Videos cannot be more than 1 year old from its creation date, nor have won 2 or more awards by September 7th, 2015. We must keep new ideas coming forward and give everyone the best chance to enjoy winning or participating in a contest.
4) Ensure your Video is between one minute and six minutes in length.
5) You may use footage from video games, anime, and Japanese live action. At least 50% of your video to be content from Japanese video games or Japanese anime. You must conform to the general audience rating with all footage no matter where you get it from.
6) Dubbed audio from licensed content is not allowed. You may record your own dialog but you cannot take the script and read it!
7) All submissions must be accompanied with a filled out entry form.
8) All submissions become the property of Anime USA and will not be returned.
9) Do not include any bumpers or credits for your video, Title screens will be made by the AUSA AMV Staff to introduce your video.
10) Do not use any commercial studio logos or other forms of watermarks that you did not create yourself as a parody of said logo or your own logo. NO FORM OF REFERENCE TO THE MPAA ITSELF WHAT SO EVER.
11) AMV Staff and any Judges are precluded from entering this AMV contest.
12) Submissions should not contain unaltered video from your audio selection’s official music video. If this is seen even in sections of your AMV it may be grounds for disqualification.
13) Attendance to the Convention is not needed to enter, our request to know if you will be at the convention is for our informational use only. We love calling people up and handing you your prize for your hard work! Please come to the Convention if you can!
14) Anime USA is not responsible for Lost, damaged, misdirected, or stolen submissions or prizes if one needs to be shipped.
15) With the exception of the parody/trailer category, excessive narration or dialog could be grounds for disqualification.
16) We reserve the right to reject or disqualify any entry for any reason; all rules here are subject to change and will be applied equally to all submissions once posted. An FAQ will be posted if it seems that a rule is ambiguous.
17) All decisions by Anime USA’s AMV staff are final.

AMV Contest Categories:
Action
Comedy
Drama
Parody/Trailer
Upbeat
Romance
Halloween/Horror (seperate mature/18+ content contest)
AMVs will be judged by the attendees by ballot vote for each category, Best in show will be determined by numerical vote on the ballot sheets. Awards will be given to AMV’s in first place of each category: Best in show, Director’s choice and Judge’s choice. Second place will be announced and recorded.

This year we will be accepting submissions in the following forms:
Digital delivery (delivery via Internet, preferred way)
Optical (CD/DVD/Blu-ray) -- Please contact the AMV Coordinator if you wish to submit this way.
Flash Media (all SD card sizes and USB flash drives) -- Please contact the AMV Coordinator if you wish to submit this way.

The deadline for receipt of all forms of submissions is SEPTEMBER 7th 2015, 11:59PM for all forms of media. AUSA is not responsible for lost, damaged, stolen or incorrectly delivered submissions; you MUST take all precautions to protect your media if you ship! It is recommended that you use Digital delivery for material submission.
During the initial judging of the submissions if there is an issue with your submission we will contact you to allow you to address or dispute the issue, and if you are able to correct or submit a different video, in place of the video with the issue, by the submission deadline that will be accepted. We cannot guarantee that this will be possible depending on how you will send your submission.

All submissions must meet the following standards:
Video Format:
MPEG 1
MPEG 2
M2TS (MPEG2 Transport Stream)
AVI (DivX or XviD for lossy codecs, UTVideo or Lagarith for lossless)
HuffYUV avi
MP4 (h264)
NOTE: We will not accept .MOV and .WMV so if you are using windows movie maker please make sure to set your output to .AVI.

Audio Format:
Uncompressed wav (PCM)
MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)

Resolution:
Full Screen: DO NOT LETTER BOX these entries or we will have to strip that and resize your work.
640 X 480
960 X 720
1440 X 1080
Wide Screen:
720 X 480 *
848 X 480
1280 X 720
1920 X 1080
* This particular resolution happens to be the default DVD resolution and the actual footage is either 640x480 or 848x480. Should you resize appropriately that is acceptable, if you choose to keep the resolution we recommend that you submit as MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 with a frame rate of either 29.97 or 23.976 flagged for 3:2 pull down. As stated above letterboxing is NOT accepted, please flag fo 16:9 if that is the native aspect ratio of your footage.
Frame Rates: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 and 60. Any deviation from these listed rates and your video will be rejected. (you can re-submit if time allows)

Submission information:

All Submissions must be accompanied with a text file of the submission form and named with “editor/studio name – AMV title”. If you submit multiple videos each MUST have its own submission form. See the following Example: John Smith – To the MOON.avi & John Smith – To the MOON.txt
For submissions online we have a DropBox account, file size limit is 5 GB. Drop Box Account: Jon.Webb@AnimeUSA.org
You may submit by email: Jon.Webb@AnimeUSA.org or by initiating a share of your DropBox folder containing the AMV(s) and the entry form(s). If you wish to use another entry method like sendspace etc, realize that your entry may be delayed due to access restrictions on our part and this delay could push past the entry deadline, also if you would like to submit physical media, please contact me at the above email to make arrangements.
Any questions or need of clarifications please email The AMV Coordinator at Jon.Webb@AnimeUSA.org.

AMV Submission Form (make into text file):
Full Name (as seen on your Government issued ID!):
Studio name (or editor’s name):
Full Mailing Address:
Telephone number including Area Code:
Email Address:
Date of AMV completion:
Category of submission:
AMV’s Title:
Source Video name(s):
Source Song title(s):
Source Song artist(s):
Source Song recording label(s):
Is this submission for the Halloween/Horror Theme Contest?
Is this submission for the AMV After Hours panel?
Is this submission for any other specific AUSA AMV panel?
Any notes you would like to let us know about?

AUSA AMV panel submission form:

If you are interested in running a panel with the AMV track, please fill out the form at the following link:

Any one interested in running a panel or more at Anime USA, Please contact me directly at Jon.Webb@animeusa.org. I will need the following:
Panel Name:
Main Panelist:
Additional Panelists:
Description of panel:
Is this panel 18+?: (if unsure ask when you send the information I will talk with you about this)
Running time of panel: 25 min, 55 min (other lengths can be done just talk with me about this)
Equipment you will be using: (Laptop brand, connectors you have for video and audio etc. this is to make sure you get what you need)
preferred and secondary time slots requested: (friday afternoon, friday night, Saturday morning, afternoon, night, Sunday morning, afternoon)

NOTE: decision of what panels will be in the AUSA AMV Track and their times will be made by the AMV Track Staff and final. If you are arriving at a certain time during the convention and cannot present before that time please let us know so we can properly schedule you.

Freki
AUSA AMV Track Coordinator

Note: edited subject to contain deadline and edited to add the Drop Box Account info. 2/24/15
Note: edited to include panel submisson link that is now being used. any previous panel submissions for the AMV track do not need to be resubmitted, any questions please email me, Jon.Webb@animeusa.org
Note: edited to extend the contest deadline to 9/21/15. Panel information: submission link for AUSA panel has been locked, please email panel submissions directly to me at Jon.Webb@AnimeUSA.org
Last edited by Freki on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Freki
Jon Webb
Anime USA AMV Track Director

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2015 AMV Contest Announcement

Post by Scintilla » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:33 pm

Freki wrote:AMV Parodies -- Well we have heard of the good old "This is Otakudom!" and there are many more out there!
Wait, who ever refers to fan parodies as AMVs?

Not that I'm complaining about them being shown (especially since I have roles in Fanboy Soze), I just think the terminology is off.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Freki
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2015 AMV Contest Announcement

Post by Freki » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:36 am

Scintilla, being the Coordinator of the AMV track, I look at fan parodies much like AMV's.

amv's you take anime(s) and put it to a song,

fan parodies you do the same but to a script you've written. and not as many cons will play the parodies much anymore so this will allow them to be shown.

so putting them in my track would fit, plus gives wider spread to what the fans can do and get people seen when they might be missed in their capabilities :)
Freki
Jon Webb

Freki
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2015 AMV Contest Announcement deadline: 9/7/15

Post by Freki » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:21 pm

If there are any questions feel free to ask them here, in pm or via email directly to me at Jon.Webb@AnimeUSA.org. My staff and I are looking forward to any and all submissions, and wish you all the best of luck when entering!

Freki
Freki
Jon Webb

knage
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2015 AMV Contest Announcement deadline: 9/7/15

Post by knage » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:44 pm

Sent 1 in.
YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmARoS ... GP_b7rHM7g

I edit with a passion. Remember my name.

Freki
Org Profile

Re: Anime USA 2015 AMV Contest submissions open; deadline:9/

Post by Freki » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:46 pm

HEY EVERYONE!

I can not wait to see what you all have to share this year! Last year was GREAT and I want you all to remember that we have the standard contest going on as well as a special halloween contest that allows for a bit more leeway on what material is used! If you'd like to have an amv you have made showcased by all means send it in as well, the After Hours AMVs do not count towards any contest entry, nor does it have to be a recent amv! if you have an AMV you want shown again because it's won to many contests, it's too old, or just not mentioned much anymore send it in We will showcase it for you, even make a title card for your video!

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to PM myself here or email me at my email at the bottom of this message!

Freki
Jon Webb
Jon.Webb@AnimeUSA.org
Freki
Jon Webb

flamefield
Org Profile

Post by flamefield » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:07 am

Sent in 3! :) Good luck to everyone who entered!
I'm off the radar...

but you can check out my activities here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTpTPv ... A/featured

Camichan19
Org Profile

Post by Camichan19 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:50 pm

Sent 1 in! <3

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Did I submit..?

Freki
Org Profile

Post by Freki » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:06 pm

sephirothskr, I do not have your submission.
Freki
Jon Webb

Return to “AMV Contests”