Results too bright

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
xxsummerserenity
Org Profile

Results too bright

Post by xxsummerserenity » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:46 pm

Hey guys, so I've been having problems with my rendered videos coming out too bright than the original version in sony vegas. I've searched all over and I still can't find a solution. Thanks!

In sony vegas

Rendered Video

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: Results too bright

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:09 pm

Check your export settings (post them if you can) and try it with different media players to make sure it's not WMP.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

xxsummerserenity
Org Profile

Post by xxsummerserenity » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:40 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Check your export settings (post them if you can) and try it with different media players to make sure it's not WMP.
I used a different media player and its still bright.

here is the export setting

here is the property setting too

Thanks for the reply!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:58 pm

are you rendering straight to Mp4 out of vegas? If so, I would recommend that render out your video as a lossless AVI and see if the same brightness issue exists. Also, I recommend that you render out your videos as lossless AVIs regardless. The files will be extremely large, but they maintain better quality this way. You can then encode your large AVI file into a small mp4 file by using a program called zarxgui That program and many other useful programs are included in a installer package called amvpack http://pixelblended.com/software/amvpack/ Zarxgui does require avisnth to function, and so you will need to install that from the AMVpack as well. A guide to using zarxgui can be found here http://pixelblended.com/amv-101/encoding-tutorial/

btw: If you are unfamiliar with the term "lossless avi", then you will need to either install either the lagarith or Ut Video codec. Ut Video is actually also available in the amvpack. Once it is installed, you will see the option in vegas to render out your AIs with it.

xxsummerserenity
Org Profile

Post by xxsummerserenity » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:36 pm

kireblue wrote:are you rendering straight to Mp4 out of vegas? If so, I would recommend that render out your video as a lossless AVI and see if the same brightness issue exists. Also, I recommend that you render out your videos as lossless AVIs regardless. The files will be extremely large, but they maintain better quality this way. You can then encode your large AVI file into a small mp4 file by using a program called zarxgui That program and many other useful programs are included in a installer package called amvpack http://pixelblended.com/software/amvpack/ Zarxgui does require avisnth to function, and so you will need to install that from the AMVpack as well. A guide to using zarxgui can be found here http://pixelblended.com/amv-101/encoding-tutorial/

btw: If you are unfamiliar with the term "lossless avi", then you will need to either install either the lagarith or Ut Video codec. Ut Video is actually also available in the amvpack. Once it is installed, you will see the option in vegas to render out your AIs with it.

I've downloaded the amv pack like your suggested, I was wondering which UT Video Codec do I use?

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:00 pm

Depends on your output, but since I see it is HD and YUV you need ot use UtVideo YUV420 BT.709, SD video would need to be BT.601.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

xxsummerserenity
Org Profile

Post by xxsummerserenity » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:41 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Depends on your output, but since I see it is HD and YUV you need ot use UtVideo YUV420 BT.709, SD video would need to be BT.601.
thank you very much for using your time to help me. Im greatly appreciated! :bear:

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”