Hitsugi no Chaika

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Hitsugi no Chaika

Post by mirkosp » Mon May 19, 2014 7:18 am

ANN wrote:Tooru Acura is a 20-year-old retired soldier meandering through life now that the war has ended. He encounters Chaika Trabant, a 14-year-old sorceress carrying a coffin, and follows her in hopes of finding meaning in his life again. The two travel with Tooru's adopted sister, Akari, the employed member of the group and thus Tooru's source of income.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Hitsugi no Chaika

Post by Jasta85 » Mon May 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Good series, nice action sequences, my only issue is that aside from the main trio there are a lot of side characters showing up everywhere and none of them are very developed

anyway, will definitely keep watching

SheeGee
Org Profile

Post by SheeGee » Tue May 27, 2014 9:43 pm

I have become an advocate for this show after talking smack about Chaika's eyebrows lol

This is something that needs to be watched. Done by Bones and pacing is really good.
Image Image Image

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:47 pm

Ending seems a bit rushed, but would watch the second season to see how things turn out.
Under Construction

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:23 am

same, I'm just glad that there will be a second season, I was expecting it just to end inconclusively like many other 12-13 ep series

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Forgot to mention, the fight against
Spoiler :
Ricardo
was pretty funny and got a good chuckle out of it. Also, it seems the action sequences for the most part were over pretty quickly and sometimes pretty awkward. Other than that, would still watch the second season to see how it goes.
Under Construction

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:08 pm

One of the things that bother me is
Spoiler :
Apparently the Chaika clones are orphans who are brainwashed into collecting the remains and the emperor did not have a daughter, however, one of the heroes mentioned that he actually witnessed Chaika being beheaded with his own eyes. That would mean that a Chaika actually existed, and either she wasn't the emperor's daughter but a servant of some sort, or the guys on the island are terribly misinformed in regards to the fruit of the emperor's loins. Although another case could be made that Gaz foresaw the future and planned to have his own remains to be collected through this method and started brainwashing before his death to make it appear that he had a daughter, or something of the sort.

Either case, that would also mean that the White Chaika (or plot twist, it's the Red Chaika all along, or maybe some other color we haven't ran into yet) is the real Chaika that has been raised from the dead, or she's just another brainwashed orphan (another plot twist, an orphan who actually knew and were friends with the real Chaika).
Either way, I'm still pretty interested to see where this is going.
Under Construction

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:52 pm

glad this series is continuing, it's not amazing but still fun to watch and the characters have developed nicely over time.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:24 am

well, it's over now, the ending felt really rushed, I was hoping we would see all the main characters teaming up to defeat the emperor but it sort of ended anticlimactically. Anyone read the light novels? did it actually end this way, or do the light novels continue and this is just an anime ending?

SheeGee
Org Profile

Post by SheeGee » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:41 am

Ending felt way to rushed. Like the pacing for this show was SOOOOO good!......until the last like 3 episodes><

Either way, I still enjoyed it. Chaika is way too cute!!!
Image Image Image

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”