Aldnoah.Zero

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Aldnoah.Zero

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:37 am

AniDB wrote:In 1972, a hypergate was discovered on the surface of the moon, and humanity began using it to colonize Mars. Years later, war breaks out between Earth and the Martian colonists.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: Aldnoah.Zero

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:05 am

Definitely one of the best series this season, hands down. The overall story isn't anything special, very gundam seed like with normal humans on earth and "evolved" humans in space. But still quite good, I'm actually considering putting this on hold for a few eps so I can binge my way through it one weekend. probaly not going to happen though.

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:50 am

Jasta85 wrote:Definitely one of the best series this season, hands down.
Agreed.

My only issue would be that it borrows a bit too many elements of other successful animes (a lot from Gundam of course, but not only. The fight scene music seems to come from Attack on Titan, the Martians reminds me a lot of the Empire folks of Code Geass, etc ...). However, I like how several characters have developed greatly in few episodes and how the story goes (treason, hidden identities, interest conflicts ...). Plus, it's just beautifully animated/drawn.
I also like the fact that for once we don't follow heroes that are uber-smart or powerful, but more like a bunch of survivors.

My favorite of the season so far, though I've yet to see Zankyou no Terror ...

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:05 pm

This is by far one of the best series I've seen yet

TonoFyr
Org Profile

Post by TonoFyr » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:42 am

Eh, when you study enough Mythology, you eventually start seeing the same patterns arise in pretty much every story. None of them are different, all just retellings of the Monomyth. Read some Joseph Campbell, pretty amazing stuff.

Otherwise, they did get the composer from Attack On Titan to do the OST for the series, and his style is pretty unique... I can't say I'm not digging it in the more futuristic setting, either.

It's definitely a great show so far... How about that episode 9?

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:56 am

I like how the protagonist just kicks ass without giving a shit. Meh I just go out there and destory the undestroyable enemy because I'm awesome.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:06 am

I agree that I really like the main character. So many main characters are the "I will save everyone" idiots that make a lot of stupid decisions but some how win because of the power of being a main character. This guy actually makes level headed decisions for the most part, even though he does have emotions simmering underneath. I put this series on break for a few episodes so going to catch up during the next week

IndustriousPanda
Org Profile

Aldanoah ep 12

Post by IndustriousPanda » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:12 pm

K soooooo what just happened.
My Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzoagH ... Fbdyhy9pKw

My Tumblr Acc:
http://industriouspanda.tumblr.com/

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pine.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:23 am

soooooo, how about dat last episode. Talk about unexpected crap happening. One part of me is happy that it didn't end in some generic "and everyone lived happily ever after" ending, the other part of me is like "WTF!!!"

On the plus side, season 2 is coming January 2015, and I have a strong feeling they're going to pull a code gease type thing where all the people we thought were dead are not, at least that's what I'm hoping for. Argh! and this isn't even based off a manga so I can't find out what happened.

On the bright side that mecha combination was very cool, been a while since I've seen one that exciting. And they way Inaho took apart the count was just badass.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:26 am

yeah. Aldnoah Zero has been mimicking the Code Geass character types since the first few eps.
Spoiler :
Inaho is definitely Lelouch since they both are expert strategists. Slaine is Suzaku since instead of fighting on the side of their nationality, they both fight for a government that thinks they are inferior, they both fight the "Lelouch" character, has a princess as their love interest, and both make a major mistake that causes them to temporarily go crazy. Princess Asseylum is Princess Euphenia with a small amount of C.C. thrown in. Rayet is Kallen since they both choose to fight for the loosing team out of anger even though they could fit in with either side (since Kallen was half Britanian and Rayet is a martian). And Cruhteo is Jerimiah since they both are extremely loyal and are presumed dead in the first season but Jeramiah comes back in the 2nd season on the opposing side. (holding out hope that Cruhteo is still alive because its kinda messed up that he wold die the moment that he realizes that he's fighting on wrong side.
And this is definitely the best Season 1 cliffhanger that I've seen since the season 1 cliffhanger of Code Geass. The wind blowing during the credits only amplified the numbness that the ending left. Cant wait till January

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”