Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:As for Size of the AMV room, yes it is small, but there is not practical solution to this after looking at the options that "May" have potential

As for the lines, Myself and out staff worked all hours of the day to help out. In fact, a lot of times we had to help or even take control of the lines! We tried to d everything we could to stay on time and we did, HOWEVER due to all the staff turnarounds in line control, and the fact they were moved outside, it made it VERY hard to keep control over the AMV stickers and even in some cases the premium passes.. Sorry for those that were denied early entry, we just did the best we could... For me I was super tired after the con for everything I only left the room to do line control!

Vlad
I would think a room the size of the Sakura Con AMV room would suffice. Only room I really think that can measures up at the LACC is the Concourse Hall.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:16 pm

XStylus wrote:Red stickers were for people who were a finalist, or who were scheduled to do an important activity in the AMV room. They meant that you got into the AMV rescreening or the AMV room no matter what, even if the room was full.
That's what I thought you said. Unfortunately none of the access control ever understood that :\ but luckily I never encountered a problem myself, except for outside the rescreen but pwolf was right there to save me :P

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:39 pm

XStylus wrote:
Rider4Z wrote:Just a quick clarification - what was the difference between the Red AMV stickers and the Silver AMV stickers? what did they do and who got which? Even I got confused.
Red stickers were for people who were a finalist, or who were scheduled to do an important activity in the AMV room. They meant that you got into the AMV rescreening or the AMV room no matter what, even if the room was full.

Silver stickers were for non-finalists. They meant that you had priority only if there were seats available.
That's interesting... I think Katie and I both got silver stickers, despite being finalists and with Katie being the Iron Chef challenger. Didn't really matter since we got in without any problems in all events we went to anyhow...

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:39 pm

irriadin wrote:That's interesting... I think Katie and I both got silver stickers, despite being finalists and with Katie being the Iron Chef challenger. Didn't really matter since we got in without any problems in all events we went to anyhow...
If you did that would've been my fault... I think I remember giving you guys the red ones but considering how crazy it was, I wouldn't be surprised if I screwed that up -_-

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Pwolf wrote:
irriadin wrote:That's interesting... I think Katie and I both got silver stickers, despite being finalists and with Katie being the Iron Chef challenger. Didn't really matter since we got in without any problems in all events we went to anyhow...
If you did that would've been my fault... I think I remember giving you guys the red ones but considering how crazy it was, I wouldn't be surprised if I screwed that up -_-
Scott was just trying to make reasons for me to fire him so that I don't put him through that kind of hell ever again. It won't work! :P
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

Donaithnen
Org Profile

Post by Donaithnen » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:06 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Is there a post with all the finalists (the actual videos themselves) with links anywhere right now ? Or atleast a list, was interested in checking out some of the entries.
Ask, and it shall be delivered! I made an updated post that includes a YouTube link or a-m-v.org link or both for _almost_ every video.

Here's the post with links to the videos

I was in a bit of a rush putting it together over lunch, so if i made any mistakes (typos, bad/incorrect links) or if you find any links i missed send me a message and i'll update the list :)

And just so it's here where everyone seems to be looking, here's the list sans-links:

Action/Adventure:
--------
A1 - Control the Redline - By KagatoAMV [Studio Hybrid] - (Control by VNV Nation - Redline)
A2 - Fighting Dreamers 2 - By kenshinorax - (Omoide wa Okkusenman by Jam Project - Dragon Ball Z)
A3 - Vampiric Vixen - By BecauseImBored1 - (Psycho Ball and Chain by the Creepshow - Hellsing Ultimate)
A4 - Mahjong Banquet - By Magicflier [Illuminated Studios] - (Senbonzakura by Yuko Suzuhana ft. Wagakki Band - Saki)
A5 - Lifeline - By Hagaren Viper - (I'm Alive by Shinedown - Persona 4)
A6 - Fionn's Curse - By irriadin [PixelBlended Studios] - (Verja Urit An Bitus by Eluveitie - Fate/Zero)

Winner: Control the Redline

Drama/Theatric:
--------
D1 - On the Run - By Draqua - (I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman [On the Run] by k-os - Michiko & Hatchin)
D2 - The Fighting Ippo - By Compbros - (The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes - Haijime no Ippo)
D3 - The Monster in Me - By Rider4Z [Otaku Lounge Productions] - (Monster by Imagine Dragons - Attack on Titan)
D4 - Cosmic Love - By Nekokitkat - (Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine - Tusbasa Reservoir Chonicle [Manga])
D5 - Face Your Fears - By BakaOppai - (Machine Gun [Amon Tobin Remix] by Noisia - Various [20])
D6 - Dare You to Dream - By MinetChan - (Dare You to Move by Switchfoot - Studio Ghibli Collection) - [404]

Winner: Face Your Fears

Fun:
--------
F1 - Snowball Genocide - By Kisanzi - (Royal Taste [Jim Waterman Remix] by Montee & Junky Sound - Various [12])
F2 - Angel Without a Cause - By Rider4Z [Otaku Lounge Productions] - (She's a Rebel by Green Day - Panty & Stocking)
F3 - With a Capital T - By "LC"_Lapen - (Trouble by Neon Jungle - Kill la Kill)
F4 - Hououin Kyouma the Science Guy - By BAD ASTERICK - (Bill Nye [Remix] by DJ Abunai - Steins;Gate)
F5 - The Optimists - By Rider4Z [Otaku Lounge Productions] - (Pompeii by Bastille - One Piece)

Winner: Snowball Genocide

Romance/Sentiment:
--------
R1 - Still Alive - By ShodanKid - (Still Alive by Lisa Miskovsky - Sword Art Online)
R2 - Young and Beautiful - By Ellipselris - (Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey - Garden of Words)
R3 - Crazy Little Thing - By MinetChan - (Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen - Various [24])
R4 - Stay With Me - By KyuuYuKi - (Stay by Hurts - Shinsekai Yori)
R5 - Undisciplined Heart - By daynnz - (Hang You U[ by Yellowcard - 5 Centimeters Per Second)
R6 - Time Falls Away - By AdventLostKaichou [Advent Lost Studios] - (Little Wonders by Rob Thomas - Tokyo Magnitude 8.0)

Winner: Time Falls Away

Upbeat/Dance:
--------
U1 - Pamplemousse - By PieandBeer - (Nine in the Afternoon by Panic! at the Disco - Kyousougiga)
U2 - Nostalgia - By Martubo - (Warm Thoughts by Flame - Various [144])
U3 - G6 - By Bambi - (Like a G6 by Far East Movement ft. The Cataracs - Various [17])
U4 - Under Control - By SasukeChanx - (Under Control by Calvin Harris & Alessa - Various [32])
U5 - A Piece of Toast - By BakaOppai - (Pizza Rolls (Mashup) by sssShawnnn - Various [40])

Winner: A Piece of Toast

Comedy/Humor:
--------
C1 - Iwatobi Weather Service - By Nekokitkat - (Raining Men by The Weather Girls - Iwatobi Swim Club, Attack on Titan)
C2 - Animu Stew - By BlackOppai - (Various Audio [18] - Various Anime [13])
C3 - Good Clean Fun - By Haunter103 [CornDog VidVids] - (Do the Duck by Sesame Street - Various) - [404]
C4 - Free Willies - By Amaterasu - (No Homo by the Lonely Island - Iwatobi Swim Club [+4 other sources])
C5 - Anime 101 - By VivifxAMV - (Good Feeling [Instrumental] by FloRida & - Various [59])
C6 - AMV(&humor) - By BasharOfTheAges - (Total Eclipse of the Heart - Wolf Children)

Winner: Animu Stew

Bonus:
--------

Block One (After Action/Adventure)
X1 - Tickets - By Otaku Lounge Productions - (Tickets Sprint Commercial - Fullmetal Alchemist & Ouran Highschool Host Club)
X2 - Totes McGotes - By Otaku Lounge Productions - (Totes McGotes Sprint Commercial - Fullmetal Alchemist & Ouran Highschool Host Club)
X3 - Sword of the Ronin - By SVProductions - (Ronin 47 Trailer - Sword of the Stranger)
Block Two (After Drama/Theatric)
X4 - GMFC Giganto - By Mr. Pilkington - (GMFC Giganto by You Don't Know Jack - Girls und Panzer)
X5 - Dead Space Cowboy - By NoisyNinjas [Mad Rush Studios] - (Dead Space Trailer - Cowboy Bebop) - [404]
Block Three (After Fun)
X6 - PandaTelus Commercial - By nicki_013 - (Telus Commercial - Shirokuma Cafe)
X7 - Special Eyes - By WarlikeSwans - (1-800-Contacts Commercial - Code Geas)
X8 - The Butterfly Effect - By MycathatesyouAMV [Chaotic Bad Raptor] - (The Butterfly Effect - Steins;Gate)
Block Four (After Romance/Sentimental)
X9 - Edge of Walpurgis - By Tsu - (Edge of Tomorrow Trailer - Madoka Magica)
X10 - Kyubey's Eye Repair - By Tsu - (Call to Adventure by Kevin MacLeod - Various[6]) - [404]
Block Five (After Upbeat/Dance)
X11 - Going Out Tonight - by Otaku Lounge Productions - (Going Out Tonight Sprint Commercial - Fullmetal Alchemist & Ouran Highschool Host Club)
X12 - Friend Request - by Otaku Lounge Productions - (Friend Request Sprint Commercial - Fullmetal Alchemist & Ouran Highschool Host Club)
X13 - Juno - By MinetChan - (Juno trailer - Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions, Clannad, Clannad After Story)

Best Commercial: Special Eyes
Best Trailer: Dead Space Cowboy

Best in Show: Tie between "A Piece of Toast" & "Animu Stew"
Last edited by Donaithnen on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:07 pm

My youtube link has been updated - someone fucked with my upload and it got taken down on Monday.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:29 pm

XStylus wrote:
Pwolf wrote:
Scott was just trying to make reasons for me to fire him so that I don't put him through that kind of hell ever again. It won't work! :P
He's on to me! /me scurries

Dvl-Jigen
Org Profile

Post by Dvl-Jigen » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:41 pm

By chance is there a list for what videos showed during the "Best of the non-finalists" showing?
Retired AMV editor/NOT retired AMV Coordinator

Anime California 2015, 2016, 2018 AMV/CMV Coordinator
Hanadoki Con 2016, 2017 AMV Coordinator
Anime Conji 2018 AMV Coordinator
Hentai Con 2018 Assistant HMV Coordinator

Digital Video Lazyness. Yeah, that sounds about right

It's D.V.L Not Devil -__-

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:05 am

Dvl-Jigen wrote:By chance is there a list for what videos showed during the "Best of the non-finalists" showing?
Hmmmm if you mean the 4 vids in the preshow that were labeled "honorable mention"

Valor by Mycathatesyou https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ralsTpUbYsw
Poor Unfashionable Souls by me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mzbz1QWb3o
Counting Stars by EllipseIris I think >_> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD9dCHsk15I

and there was a Sallormoon romance type one that I can't remember the name to

The first 2 I know are right ^^""" hope I remembered the next 2 right....sorry I can't think of the sallor moon one

Return to “AMV Contests”