Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
XStylus
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2014 AMV Competition - Finalist List POSTED!

Post by XStylus » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:59 pm

machina21 wrote:How about an award in the shape of a paper airplane?
Way back in the day, there used to be a Cojones Award for AMVs that took the biggest risk. I was very much inclined to bring it back this year, but I couldn't get my local award maker to make a suitable award in a timely and cost-efficient manner.

Something like this would've been awesome:
http://locations.krispykreme.com/images ... trophy.jpg
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:43 am

Is there a post with all the finalists (the actual videos themselves) with links anywhere right now ? Or atleast a list, was interested in checking out some of the entries.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:59 am

As for Size of the AMV room, yes it is small, but there is not practical solution to this after looking at the options that "May" have potential

As for the lines, Myself and out staff worked all hours of the day to help out. In fact, a lot of times we had to help or even take control of the lines! We tried to d everything we could to stay on time and we did, HOWEVER due to all the staff turnarounds in line control, and the fact they were moved outside, it made it VERY hard to keep control over the AMV stickers and even in some cases the premium passes.. Sorry for those that were denied early entry, we just did the best we could... For me I was super tired after the con for everything I only left the room to do line control!

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

ShodanKid
Org Profile

Post by ShodanKid » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:20 am

XStylus wrote:
Way back in the day, there used to be a Cojones Award for AMVs that took the biggest risk. I was very much inclined to bring it back this year, but I couldn't get my local award maker to make a suitable award in a timely and cost-efficient manner.

Who would've taken that this year? Iwatobi Weather Service? I know I was very partial to Mahjong Banquet succeeding so well as an action entry. I was torn in voting.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:52 am

ShodanKid wrote:
XStylus wrote:

Who would've taken that this year? Iwatobi Weather Service? I know I was very partial to Mahjong Banquet succeeding so well as an action entry. I was torn in voting.
I'd have given it to Nisenmonogataritrap, which I had to DQ for extreme innuendo. I will never look at toothbrushes the same way ever again.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth." — J. Michael Straczynski

ShodanKid
Org Profile

Post by ShodanKid » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:56 am

XStylus wrote:
ShodanKid wrote:
XStylus wrote:

I'd have given it to Nisenmonogataritrap, which I had to DQ for extreme innuendo. I will never look at toothbrushes the same way ever again.
Oh dear... :oops:

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:55 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:As for Size of the AMV room, yes it is small, but there is not practical solution to this after looking at the options that "May" have potential

As for the lines, Myself and out staff worked all hours of the day to help out. In fact, a lot of times we had to help or even take control of the lines! We tried to d everything we could to stay on time and we did, HOWEVER due to all the staff turnarounds in line control, and the fact they were moved outside, it made it VERY hard to keep control over the AMV stickers and even in some cases the premium passes.. Sorry for those that were denied early entry, we just did the best we could... For me I was super tired after the con for everything I only left the room to do line control!

Vlad
Scott told me about all that stuff, again sorry I couldn't be there this year to help out. From what I understand you guys went above and beyond again this year, I hope people recognized that. This shouldn't have been your problem to handle, alas it was and you did the best you guys could. Take pride in that, I'm sure you guys can laugh about it next year and hassle me for not helping out :uhoh:

Tsu!
Org Profile

Post by Tsu! » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:58 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:As for the lines, Myself and out staff worked all hours of the day to help out. In fact, a lot of times we had to help or even take control of the lines! We tried to d everything we could to stay on time and we did, HOWEVER due to all the staff turnarounds in line control, and the fact they were moved outside, it made it VERY hard to keep control over the AMV stickers and even in some cases the premium passes.. Sorry for those that were denied early entry, we just did the best we could... For me I was super tired after the con for everything I only left the room to do line control!
Totally not putting any blame on the AMV staff for this. You guys had enough on your plate just handling the room, it's rather shocking to hear how much you were doing outside of that in order to keep things running smoothly. If I encounter problems in the future I'll be more adamant about it to whomever I'm dealing with- I got my AMV-stuff at the last possible minute this year due to the reg line so I wasn't 100% sure if the sticker worked the same way as last year and kept getting mixed answers depending on who I asked, so I wasn't pushy about it. The more you know...
Fanime 2014-2015, 2018-2019 AMV Contest - Department Head
Fanime 2016-2017 AMV Contest - Lurking Department Second

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Just a quick clarification - what was the difference between the Red AMV stickers and the Silver AMV stickers? what did they do and who got which? Even I got confused.

XStylus
Org Profile

Post by XStylus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Rider4Z wrote:Just a quick clarification - what was the difference between the Red AMV stickers and the Silver AMV stickers? what did they do and who got which? Even I got confused.
Red stickers were for people who were a finalist, or who were scheduled to do an important activity in the AMV room. They meant that you got into the AMV rescreening or the AMV room no matter what, even if the room was full.

Silver stickers were for non-finalists. They meant that you had priority only if there were seats available.

Return to “AMV Contests”