Sailor Moon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
kisaluvhiro
Org Profile

Post by kisaluvhiro » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Beseinen Stalker wrote:I've seen everything except the stars season. The only reason why is cause I only saw the dub of it all and they didn't show Stars. But despite that being said I know more Sailor Moon than an 8 year old. (which makes my friends think I'm weird cause they say Sailor Moon is a child's anime) My fav season is S, my fav sailor scout is Uranus, and my fav movies are the ones where they kidnap all the children and the one where they fight this ice princess.(I can't remeber the names to them)

they never showed sailorstars in america because of three sailors that are guys tranform in to girls when they fight. they didnt know how to explain it so they never put it.

brightparis
Org Profile

Post by brightparis » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:51 pm

Sailor moon, I have just started watching it online and enjoying it a lot.

ultimateX021
Org Profile

Re: Sailor Moon

Post by ultimateX021 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:45 am

kisaluvhiro wrote:
Beseinen Stalker wrote:I've seen everything except the stars season. The only reason why is cause I only saw the dub of it all and they didn't show Stars. But despite that being said I know more Sailor Moon than an 8 year old. (which makes my friends think I'm weird cause they say Sailor Moon is a child's anime) My fav season is S, my fav sailor scout is Uranus, and my fav movies are the ones where they kidnap all the children and the one where they fight this ice princess.(I can't remeber the names to them)

they never showed sailorstars in america because of three sailors that are guys tranform in to girls when they fight. they didnt know how to explain it so they never put it.
That most definitely would have been dubbed inappropriate for american television. I figured it much because a long time ago I used to have a picture of all the "sailor" characters then when one of my friends saw it, they said that a few of the sailors were men. Of course, I didn't accept what he said at first, but after a while I thought it might have been true. That is when I stumbled across wikipedia.org which told me everything I needed to know about the Sailor series. Voila, now I will not be the same again. :oops:

I still liked the series even though something like that is in it. The fact the three sailor starlights disguise themselves as male pop stars on Earth in search of a missing princess sounds weird, but it's not a problem for me.
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

red_kitsune86
Org Profile

Post by red_kitsune86 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:22 pm

ultimateX021 wrote:
kisaluvhiro wrote:

That most definitely would have been dubbed inappropriate for american television. I figured it much because a long time ago I used to have a picture of all the "sailor" characters then when one of my friends saw it, they said that a few of the sailors were men. Of course, I didn't accept what he said at first, but after a while I thought it might have been true. That is when I stumbled across wikipedia.org which told me everything I needed to know about the Sailor series. Voila, now I will not be the same again. :oops:

I still liked the series even though something like that is in it. The fact the three sailor starlights disguise themselves as male pop stars on Earth in search of a missing princess sounds weird, but it's not a problem for me.
I was just thinking of this a while ago and it's pretty ironic that they won't air Sailor Stars because of the transgender senshi but they did depict Haruka and Michiru as cousins when they clearly aren't which is pretty much boarderline incest if you ask me.

But anywho, I am a proud Sailor Moon fan! I loved it as a kid, I still have the 6 inch dollies both with normal and shiny outfits. I've seen everything but season 1 (I know, I'm a bad person! >__<), my favourite season is R (Love the 4 sisters from the Black Moon) and Stars and my favourite senshi are Venus and Pluto.

I've only recently gotten back into it, after the show disappeared from TV, I lost interest but a few years ago when I learned about the original Japanese version, I got hooked on it again. Sadly when I did, the DVD's were out of print as well as many other SM merchandise - a prime example of how my timing sucks :P

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:36 am

red_kitsune86 wrote:
ultimateX021 wrote:
kisaluvhiro wrote:

I was just thinking of this a while ago and it's pretty ironic that they won't air Sailor Stars because of the transgender senshi but they did depict Haruka and Michiru as cousins when they clearly aren't which is pretty much boarderline incest if you ask me.

But anywho, I am a proud Sailor Moon fan! I loved it as a kid, I still have the 6 inch dollies both with normal and shiny outfits. I've seen everything but season 1 (I know, I'm a bad person! >__<), my favourite season is R (Love the 4 sisters from the Black Moon) and Stars and my favourite senshi are Venus and Pluto.

I've only recently gotten back into it, after the show disappeared from TV, I lost interest but a few years ago when I learned about the original Japanese version, I got hooked on it again. Sadly when I did, the DVD's were out of print as well as many other SM merchandise - a prime example of how my timing sucks :P
Ever heard of "THE INTERNET". You can get merchandise, DVDs, and "illegal" (but seriously nobody cares, we all do it anyways, just don't ask us where to get it) downloads of anime.
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:52 am

My situation is pretty much the same as yours, Red_Kitsune; only difference is, I've had the ability to look them up and watch them if I wanted, and just never did. I stopped watching them when I was a kid, and just never felt like going back.

Got a few anime I'm already chipping away at, so I dont see any sense in taking a step backwards into the '90s to watch something - just to get all nostalgic.

I've never, and will never, deny being a fan of Sailor Moon.

<3 Sailor Mars.
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

red_kitsune86
Org Profile

Post by red_kitsune86 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:53 pm

76 wrote:My situation is pretty much the same as yours, Red_Kitsune; only difference is, I've had the ability to look them up and watch them if I wanted, and just never did. I stopped watching them when I was a kid, and just never felt like going back.

Got a few anime I'm already chipping away at, so I dont see any sense in taking a step backwards into the '90s to watch something - just to get all nostalgic.

I've never, and will never, deny being a fan of Sailor Moon.

<3 Sailor Mars.
I have browsed through Ebay for merchandise but the bidding can get very outrageous and right now, I just don't have the money. As well, one of my local anime shops where I bought the Japanese manga from has mysteriously decided to close up.

So I found an old issue of Anime Insider today and there was an interview with Catlin Glass where she admits to being a Moonie and even said she'd be very interested in voicing Usagi if Sailor Stars ever gets dubbed. (slim chance, but we can always dream. . . )

blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Post by blaksun » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

blaksun
The one and lonely ... only
Org Profile

Post by blaksun » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:14 pm

blaksun wrote:The new Thriller :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Ft3viBgtQ
Trailer
Text endless companions so foe raid ones and even less that makes sense :)

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:19 am

so it's finally coming out, been seeing it on the anime charts for at least a year up until now

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”