Exporting Differences

Rollinge
Org Profile

Exporting Differences

Post by Rollinge » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:46 am

Noticed in a few video exports from Adobe Premiere Pro CC (in various formats e.g. AVI [uncompressed], mp4 etc), there were quite drastic differences between the export and what is actually in my editting window. I exported a single frame as a .tiff, and it matches what is in my editing window. Obviously I expect small differences due to compression (although doubt that explains avi lossless not working), but the differences are quite drastic, couple of examples are (left is exported frame as .tiff, right is avi lossless).

Top: corner in the avi has barely darkened at all
Bottom: opacity/contrast differences of text

http://prntscr.com/36mwsk

Any ideas why? Can it be solved? :/

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Exporting Differences

Post by mirkosp » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:29 pm

I'm assuming the export is fucking up. There are at least two ways around this.
1) Since exporting as images is working for you, you could export the troublesome bits as a .tiff or .png image sequence ─ the downside of this is that you'll be doing a forced rgb conversion and then you'll have to convert back to yv12 again, but considering that premiere's internally converting to rgb ANYWAY, that one conversion is happening anyway, it just changes whether it's within the program or if you'll have to deal with it yourself outside. As long as you handle it properly, it should be ok.
2) Sometimes exporting has issues which don't happen when previewing, for some odd reason. You can bypass the export by nesting the whole sequence in another, then setting the preview so that it is a lossless with the settings you want, and then just run the premiere preview on the new sequence with the nested project inside. You'll be getting a single big fat lossless with the preview in the project folder, and then you can use that outside of premiere.

Rollinge
Org Profile

Re: Exporting Differences

Post by Rollinge » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:27 pm

noticed a tad late but thanks for the reply :P my curiosity has been mostly quenched.

Return to “Video Editing Software”