AMV Contest @ Texas Furry Fiesta, Results.

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ranmaman
Org Profile

Re: AMV Contest @ Texas Furry Fiesta, Open until Feb 14, 201

Post by ranmaman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:13 am

I submitted 2 , hope you got them alright!

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Re: AMV Contest @ Texas Furry Fiesta, Closed.

Post by AnimeFunTV » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:26 am

We'd like to thank everyone who submitted a video into the contest, now begins the task of sorting through them and selecting the AMV's that will be able to fit into the 2 hour program.

Admittedly, there weren't as many submissions as our usual AMV Contests, I would assume the biggest thing would be getting over the fact that this contest is held at a Furry convention rather than a Anime convention. Also would be the fact that we re-vamped our rules to include "animation" which is not really a turn-off but rather un-tested and often overlooked.

We hope in the coming AMV contests we get to see more of a mix of all animations and not just anime. Indeed Anime is making a comeback now that Toonami is back on primetime, but most Anime fans are also fans of anything thats generally animation; wether it be MLP, Adventure Time, Futurama, Venture Bros., etc... We want to start taping into those animations and let you editors have more creative ground and more sources to make great videos.

Understandability the .org is mostly for Anime fans and Anime videos, and I am not here to forcibly change that, but more so to give a bigger opportunity for our contests in general.
AnimeFunTV First & only TV Show in the Nation dedicated to AMV's on Public Access TV & former AMV Contest sanctioning body.
Past Full AFTV Episodes Available on Rumble & Odysee
Other Videos & Projects = Youtube
A UltraSonic Entertainment Production

BakaOppai
Org Profile

Post by BakaOppai » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Any results?

ProjectTwinsAMV
Org Profile

Post by ProjectTwinsAMV » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:15 pm

BakaOppai wrote:Any results?
Yes, what he said Any?? :shock:
2015 - 2023 AMV Saboten Con AMV Manager
2019 - 2020 Kikori Con AMV Manager

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:08 am

Results for Editors Choice!

While it was our first year, we didn't get a large audience as we were booked right next to another large event so we will not have People's Choice Awards to announce this year.

Action

1st: diegao94 - Downfall Absolution
Runner-Up: Emma Browning - Crossed Hearts

Drama

1st: Yusuke - I Won't Let Go
Runner-Up: [key]Scarlet - Blame

Comedy/Song's

1st: Nils Houghton - Beer is The Future
Runner-Up: Camichan19 - Breaking Celluloid

Comedy/Freestyle

1st: Rspectcopyrightmyass - The Brohoofers Guide to Equestria
Runner-Up: allmostanyone - Anime True Life, I believe in aliens

List of AMV's Shown

allmostanyone - Illegal download
[key]Scarlet - Fallen Sword
BakaOppai - A Piece Of Toast
StephenMcC55 - Another New Age
diegao94 - Downfall Absolution
Emma Browning - Crossed Hearts
Iren S.S. - Waltz S
Nils Houghton - Mazinger Stations
Yusuke - Take the Time
BladEra123 - Call Out My Name
BakaOppai - Face your Fears
[key]Scarlet - Glorium
[key]Scarlet - Blame
Magicflier - Our Final Promise
Yusuke - I Won't Let Go
allmostanyone - Battle of destiny
BladEra123 - Hall of Fame
MissPandaBomb - Time Traveler
Rspectcopyrightmyass - The Brohoofers Guide to Equestria
Nils Houghton - Dont stop arale now
Iren S.S. - Gjutyun
ReggieSmalls - Girlz In Da Hood (Clean)
allmostanyone - Anime True Life, I believe in aliens
Camichan19 - Breaking Celluloid
Nils Houghton - Beer is The Future
AnimeFunTV First & only TV Show in the Nation dedicated to AMV's on Public Access TV & former AMV Contest sanctioning body.

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Re: AMV Contest @ Texas Furry Fiesta, Results.

Post by Diegao » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Glad to have won, and congratulations to the other participants! :bear:
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

allmostanyone
Org Profile

Post by allmostanyone » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:19 pm

Runner up!
/Happy dance
Congrats to all the editors!

ranmaman
Org Profile

Post by ranmaman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:16 am

well kinda sucks on not such a large turnout in Audience.. but i hope those that showed up enjoyed the show - Glad to hear my video got top Comedy/Freestyle!!

i've had a couple times when i've placed in a contest and won nothing.. which is fine as i know not all contests have prizes but I was just curious... now i'm assuming no prizes were provided by the con according to the Rules of the contest

"AFTV will announce awards either during, or after the convention dates. If any Prizes are supplied by
the convention
they will be given to People’s Choice 1st Place winners in their respected category."

that specified that the People choice would get any such prizes.. but being there was none, that there are no prizes to be awarded?

anyways just a question as i saw nothing referring anything in the results besides winners/runner-ups

again, just curious.

hope the con was a great success even if the contest wasn't as well attended!

AnimeFunTV
Org Profile

Post by AnimeFunTV » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:14 pm

ranmaman wrote:well kinda sucks on not such a large turnout in Audience.. but i hope those that showed up enjoyed the show - Glad to hear my video got top Comedy/Freestyle!!

i've had a couple times when i've placed in a contest and won nothing.. which is fine as i know not all contests have prizes but I was just curious... now i'm assuming no prizes were provided by the con according to the Rules of the contest

"AFTV will announce awards either during, or after the convention dates. If any Prizes are supplied by
the convention
they will be given to People’s Choice 1st Place winners in their respected category."

that specified that the People choice would get any such prizes.. but being there was none, that there are no prizes to be awarded?

anyways just a question as i saw nothing referring anything in the results besides winners/runner-ups

again, just curious.

hope the con was a great success even if the contest wasn't as well attended!

Those who did show up and watched the show loved it, It was just very unfortunate that we were scheduled along side another big event that pulled most of the potential turnout we could have had. It happens sometimes in cons we host the AMV contests so its nothing new. The con in general was a big success having moved to a bigger hotel this year.

It is true that no prizes given to us to hand out to any potential winners either it be People's or Editor's (If no People's Choice was able to be made.) Most con's usually don't have the budget to get prizes for all contests they have, normally they save all the prizes for cosplay.

It makes me wonder if it is even possible for us to possibly have some sort of an 'entry fee' say like $1 to $5 so we can have trophies or prizes to hand out to winners of our contests, its just a idea, but eventually that idea wouldn't be up to us but more to you the editors who will be participating in our contests would ever consider entering with a fee.

ranmaman
Org Profile

Post by ranmaman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:45 pm

well I personally probably wouldn't enter with a fee unless knowing of the possible prizes in advance as opposed to "potential" prizes dependinf on how many people enter and at what cost.

another thing could be..instead of actual prizes - even just an award certificate that could be framed and/or a Ribbon of a sort... mostly just something to show off to friends and family saying what contest you entered, video being awarded, and weather it was first or runner-up.. something kinda simple and cool and inexpenisve.... to me... its really never about winning or a prize.. the biggest thing i consider a "win" would be being able to see/hear the Audience reaction to my video, knowing how much it may have been enjoyed..but not very many contests get recorded and posted for all to see. - Winning is really just a bonus.. prize or not.... but even if just a certificate... saying a video won or was runner up at an event sorta as proof to show to people that would be just as cool as any other prize.

anyways, glad the event went well and that those that attended enjoyed the contest!

Return to “AMV Contests”