The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AWA

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
SailorDeath
Org Profile

Re: The Video Art Track at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 VAT AW

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:25 am

jingoro wrote:
SailorDeath wrote:"That's Sailor Death's video? FUCK THAT GUY!"
lol ... actually what was bothering me was the people who revealed after nominations (since they were "out of the running" I suppose), but it's a discussion for another day.
Ah, didn't think that'd be an issue so much, it's been like that for previous years too where people have said what vids were theirs after (i guess what they perceived) there was no reason to keep it secret. That is when private votin started and they didn't have any nominations.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:07 pm

Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

jingoro
Org Profile

Post by jingoro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:12 pm

AMEN

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:31 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://funnyasduck.net/wp-content/uploa ... n-pics.jpg
Me irl
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:34 pm

jingoro wrote:
lol ... actually what was bothering me was the people who revealed after nominations (since they were "out of the running" I suppose), but it's a discussion for another day.

I always felt it was obvious that you shouldn't reveal which video is yours until voting is done regardless of where you stood. Simply put knowing who made video X that isn't in the running, by extrapolation means that that person didn't make video Y which is in the running thus it hurts the blind rule.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:47 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:
jingoro wrote:

I always felt it was obvious that you shouldn't reveal which video is yours until voting is done regardless of where you stood. Simply put knowing who made video X that isn't in the running, by extrapolation means that that person didn't make video Y which is in the running thus it hurts the blind rule.
You can enter 2 videos into Pro. Nobody that said they did X ever said they didn't do more than X... that I can see... was there another thread?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Nobody has this year but I have seen it in years past where people have stated which videos were theirs once they noticed that they didn't make the finals.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

SailorDeath
Org Profile

Post by SailorDeath » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:26 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Nobody has this year but I have seen it in years past where people have stated which videos were theirs once they noticed that they didn't make the finals.

Actually, people did say which videos they had made when they didn't make it into the finals. (http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6#p1503666) I was one of them, but nobody who has something in the finals mentioned which video it was. In previous years people who didn't make the finalists mentioned which losing videos was their creation. Nobody's complained about doing that in the past. I can understand if someone who's actually in the final voting or in the video nomination phase to announce what they created, which is why I didn't say anything until after the finalists were a lock. But if they wanna keepit all blind even those that didn't make the final voting then I can respect that and won't say anything next year.
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

cyprianrc
Org Profile

Post by cyprianrc » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:33 pm

CAN ANYONE HELP ME IDENTIFY AN ANIME THAT WAS USED IN ONE OF THE AMVS ON DISPLAY AT AWA THIS WEEKEND???

I didn't get a chance to see the credits and I can't tell you the song either I can only describe what was being displayed. I really hope you can help me out. (I'm posting this in a couple of different sections in hopes of finding an answer, pls don't delete until I find an answer)

I can tell you it wasn't a part of the awards (at least the part I saw) but I do know there were some crossover between what was shown there and what was screened in the habersham room as well so it possibly played both instances.

There where a couple of key scenes I remember. What seemed like the main male character was walking down the street and some kind of magical female character appeared in front of him but then transformed into another female character (it seemed like he was maybe switching realities) the female character was leaning in for a kiss (or so it seemed) and the male character was backing away because from his point of view it seemed as if the female character kept changing back and forth into another female character and he didn't know what was going on.

That was followed by some kind of magical battle scene that was taking place at night in what looked like a city, with a red haired magical demon/witch female character and a male character in blue. The battle was full of what looked like them casting spells and things blowing up all over the place. The red haired female witch character at some point did some kind of spell that looked like it made some kind of fiery kanji in the air that then exploded.

Its possible the amv was showcasing two different animes (I hope that isn't the case) but it seemed like it was all from the same source.

Is there anywhere online where I can find the videos that played over the weekend? I've done a quick youtube search and found a few, but not what I'm looking for and I've registered and posted this question on the forum as well.
Any help will greatly be appreciated, its been bugging me all weekend.

-Corsair-
Org Profile

Post by -Corsair- » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:53 pm

I really liked some of the videos that won this year! Any chance a full list of results will be posted sometime soon? >_<

Return to “AMV Contests”