Starting from the top

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
shadowvixen57
Org Profile

Starting from the top

Post by shadowvixen57 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:07 am

Hello my name is shadowvixen {i'll use my username till i feel more comfortable here}

I have decided to start making amvs,but i have no background in making anything on the computer not even clipshows.

I am mostly using digital copies and some dvds but i know how to pull from those so i'm good there.

Okay i have some beginner questions

1. how do you separate audio from the media

2. how can you make clips

3. what is the cheapest programing one can use to make amvs

if there is already a guild for this stuff can you point it out to me
Thank you for helping me

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Re: Starting from the top

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 01, 2013 7:39 pm

1. virtualdub/avisynth with script killaudio()

2. batch mode in virtualdub because I am old school like that

3. Windows Movie Maker? if you want something better I suggest probably Magix. You will also find many who use Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas. If you look for an older version you can usually find a bit cheaper prices.

Phantasmagoriat
Org Profile

Post by Phantasmagoriat » Mon May 13, 2013 2:05 pm

The approach on AMVGuide involves converting your sources to editing-friendly formats; so it should pretty much cover everything you need if you follow it from start to finish:

http://amvguide.blogspot.ca/2012/08/introduction.html

1. If you are asking about using the audio from a video file, see section 1.a, d.
Note: This method involves an understanding of script-serving your audio/video into VirtualDub-- which is connected to the rest of the guide... so it's best to read from the beginning. It's a bit awkward for beginners, but IMO, it still gives you the most control over your media. (So, learning how to do it is useful for all kinds of A/V manipulation too.)

2. See Section 2.III.(1)

3. That's a bit hard to answer since it depends on what you want to do; but I would say the cheapest *advisable* program that will still give you a sense of speed, reliability and precision would be Magix Movie Edit Pro, so that's what I've chosen to use in the tutorials for video-editing. Do note: I haven't kept up-to-date with the latest version, but it'll cost ~$50-$150
Otherwise, I've set up a poll for the most common software used in AMVs on the homepage here:

http://amvguide.blogspot.ca/ (See second post)

(I reset it recently, but here were the 2012 Software Poll Results)

Hope this helps.
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Painkiller"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."

DarTH GeeSe
Org Profile

Post by DarTH GeeSe » Thu May 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Phantasmagoriat wrote:The approach on AMVGuide involves converting your sources to editing-friendly formats; so it should pretty much cover everything you need if you follow it from start to finish:

http://amvguide.blogspot.ca/2012/08/introduction.html

1. If you are asking about using the audio from a video file, see section 1.a, d.
Note: This method involves an understanding of script-serving your audio/video into VirtualDub-- which is connected to the rest of the guide... so it's best to read from the beginning. It's a bit awkward for beginners, but IMO, it still gives you the most control over your media. (So, learning how to do it is useful for all kinds of A/V manipulation too.)

2. See Section 2.III.(1)

3. That's a bit hard to answer since it depends on what you want to do; but I would say the cheapest *advisable* program that will still give you a sense of speed, reliability and precision would be Magix Movie Edit Pro, so that's what I've chosen to use in the tutorials for video-editing. Do note: I haven't kept up-to-date with the latest version, but it'll cost ~$50-$150
Otherwise, I've set up a poll for the most common software used in AMVs on the homepage here:

http://amvguide.blogspot.ca/ (See second post)

(I reset it recently, but here were the 2012 Software Poll Results)

Hope this helps.

Yes i would follow this guide if i was you and also try Sony Vegas 12, but its 64bit thats the newest version that is out there for now, if you have anymore questions just post them here and well will help you out in someway. And welcome to a-m-v.org my fellow editor :D :up:

Return to “General AMV”