POKEMON

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: POKEMON

Post by mirkosp » Tue May 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Double posting, but for valid reasons.

So, with the official English names of the new Pokémon confirmed, this is looking like interesting information:
http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/supposed-p ... nformation
Since the same informer had confirmed the english names for them a few days ago already:
http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/panchum-fl ... nformation
  • Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
  • Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
  • The professor's English name is Patrice.
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
  • The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
  • A few attacks will be dual-typed.
  • There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue May 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Diagonal Movement is a thing?
Spoiler :

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed May 15, 2013 12:13 am

mirkosp wrote:
  • Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Yes yes yes yes yes

All of this is awesome.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:15 am

The fairy type is a rumor. There is nothing confirmed yet. Some sites have already jumped the gun on this. Right now play it by ear.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed May 15, 2013 12:16 am

Except for Fairy having no actual resistances aside from the Dragon-type immunity. That's kinda sucky, but Mawile's got a kickass Steel-typing to help in that regard.

Seriously, if this generation makes Mawile useful, I'll be pretty happy.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Wed May 15, 2013 3:06 am

hamstar138 wrote:The fairy type is a rumor. There is nothing confirmed yet. Some sites have already jumped the gun on this. Right now play it by ear.
Yup. Fairy type doesn't seem like a real type name to me. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing a new type at all.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed May 15, 2013 4:43 am

hamstar138 wrote:The fairy type is a rumor. There is nothing confirmed yet. Some sites have already jumped the gun on this. Right now play it by ear.
The same informer that gave the info above had already told pokébeach about the electric move that would give drain 50% of the health, as well as the english names of the 4 news mons before they were announced.
It seems to be a pretty reliable source.

Meanwhile, update:
The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
They wrote it wrong the first time around and updated now.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed May 15, 2013 8:04 am

mirkosp wrote:

Just sealed the deal on Chespin for me :3 <3 Dark is still my favorite type. Also, lovin' the attempted balance they trying to add with the dual-types for starters.

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Wed May 15, 2013 12:25 pm

mirkosp wrote:
The same informer that gave the info above had already told pokébeach about the electric move that would give drain 50% of the health, as well as the english names of the 4 news mons before they were announced.
It seems to be a pretty reliable source.

Meanwhile, update:

But if pokebeach is the only one saying it and pokemon.com, or serebii isn't.....doesn't that ring some bells on maybe these things not being true yet. I dunno I'm not believing any of this until another site besides pokebeach confirms it.
ImageImage
ImageImage

tipsd9video
Org Profile

Post by tipsd9video » Wed May 15, 2013 1:04 pm

From the official website: "At certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer!"

Why is no one talking about his yet? :O
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos

Return to “General Discussion”