I'm Only Getting Started

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

I'm Only Getting Started

Post by Pwolf » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:09 am

This was my main entry for the NDK AMV contest. As Mitch (Niotex) put it, it's different from my usual videos. I just wanted to make something that wasn't drama or had too much thought put into it. I just wanted to make a random video and pump it out real quick (didn't really work out that way). I like the video and I hope others will also. If you don't like it, that's cool too.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Re: I'm Only Getting Started

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:44 am

I enjoyed this very much! Love to see such clean edited and well flowing action videos (FMA: Brotherhood has some amazing moving action scenes that work really well with this kind of amv). I loved the beginning especially and the first lip sync scene too (Though I wasn't sure about when this came up the second and third time...because it was obvious that I just saw that before). I would have liked the part starting at 2:22 and ending at 2:32 to have scenes synced by black fadeout on the vocals. That's what I imagined when seeing that part only, though. I very much agree with the editing of the rest of the video. I'll definitely keep this one :up:

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:16 am

I felt it unfitting, but it was nice and chill out :up:
SING! Never mind the words!!!

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Kevmaster wrote:FMA: Brotherhood has some amazing moving action scenes that work really well with this kind of amv
It really does and it's a shame I haven't seen too many videos using this source other than just the opening/ending credits. Even then they're usually roto'd or heavily modified by filters/effects.
Kevmaster wrote:I would have liked the part starting at 2:22 and ending at 2:32 to have scenes synced by black fadeout on the vocals.
Never thought about doing something like that. I originally was fading out during the "i wont blackout" parts but shied away from it after my beta testers pointed out some flaws. So I sorta just kept away from using it other then in key parts. I still have my project file and sources ripped so I might open that up again some time before I delete and see how it looks. Thanks and glad you enjoyed it.
Ikore wrote:I felt it unfitting
Could you elaborate?

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:20 pm

awesome vid, I really like clean vids like which don't screw around with the original footage and colours. It felt like you were just going along with the lyrics and song and matched whatever fits in with those so made it fun to watch :up:

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:14 am

I like this :up:

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:34 am

Pwolf wrote:
Ikore wrote:I felt it unfitting
Could you elaborate?
the music is really cheerful and fm is a rather dark series with a lot of drama, for me it looks weird a mainstream autotune-like voice with scar and edward fighting on the scenary. for this song, it would suit better a source like fairy tail, just my thought.
SING! Never mind the words!!!

Pwolf
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:14 am

OropherZero wrote:awesome vid, I really like clean vids like which don't screw around with the original footage and colours. It felt like you were just going along with the lyrics and song and matched whatever fits in with those so made it fun to watch :up:
Thanks. Part of my "just make something and have fun doing it" was to not mess around with the source or do any effects. I miss the days of when editors just made clean action videos and didn't use effects (BSP, Tsukin, Spike, JCD, to name a few who have made/still do make great action videos without effects).
Moonlight Soldier wrote:I like this :up:
You would.
Ikore wrote:the music is really cheerful and fm is a rather dark series with a lot of drama, for me it looks weird a mainstream autotune-like voice with scar and edward fighting on the scenary. for this song, it would suit better a source like fairy tail, just my thought.
o.O Not the answer that I was expecting honestly, lol. But I think I can understand where you might see that. My initial thought about the song was that it was about doing drugs, partying, and just pushing further and further trying not to blackout (or die) from it. I kind of look at it as almost an addiction, you can't get enough of it or you just wont/can't stop. You can stretch that a bit to include other things, despite some lyrical issues. In the case of this video, which I didn't explain much in the description, you could say Edwards/Al's motivations for trying to get their bodies back and Mustang's desire for revenge, among other aspirations (not to mention many of the other characters, including Scar), are beyond simple wants or just dreams. They are committed to it and will stop at nothing.

That's my take on it at least. Thanks for explaining your comment, I always find it interesting how other people view/interpret things.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:26 am

Fast-paced and kept with the beat. I thought the music appropriate to the video source, in that you kept it action-oriented throughout. Just when it was getting started, it was over, leaving the viewer wanting more. ;)

Overall, an enjoyable video with some great entertainment value. Good job. :D
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:26 am

I enjoyed it and reccomend it! :)

(Your intro continues to amuse me to no end!)

I'm glad to finally see someone do this song. I loved the scene selection (it's basically 4 minutes of the best in FMA: Brotherhood), and the mood of the song was spot on. Even the lyrics got some sync to them (hand off at the beginning? If it wasn't so dramatic, I likely would have laughed!) That being said, I think that the chorus parts were just a little slow. Almost like they're paced the same as the slower bits. Although the scenes get more intensified and more violent, which makes up for it to some degree, but I keep expecting to see some faster cuts/sync.

Still though, I really liked it! It was a very interesting edit. :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”