PonyNote [Otakon 2012 Best in Show]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Re: PonyNote [Otakon 2012 Best in Show]

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:32 pm

I haven't found you in the other chat to tell you this yet, but I really liked this video.

The reason I like this video is the concept. You put alot of planning and work into the concept of this video and it shines through. I loved the little jokes, asides and other details you put in here.

Like Yue, I cannot wait to see a crowd watch this. They'll love it.

:shark:

NepNep
Org Profile

Post by NepNep » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:51 pm

wow, that was a different idea. I personally don't get the pony craze and am quite sick of it every time I go to a convention, but this was a funny and unique idea so I really liked it. I have been to a few competitions where it seemed like a video won just because the audience likes ponies so much, but I don't think that would be the case with this video at all. Good job :) and congrats on your win

VivifxAMV
Crazed Creativity
Org Profile

Post by VivifxAMV » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Kevmaster wrote:I only got the concept half way through (probably because I was waiting for the ponies to die :lol: ) but then it suddenly made sense.
This was pretty awesome.

One thing though...honestly, everyone do me a favour and stop the HD frame size if your video doesn't even look too good in lower frame size :|
Okay -- I am absolutely terrible at tech stuff haha so I am like...90% sure I know what you mean XD So I will definitely do that in the future! Thank you!
CodeZTM wrote:This was a great AMV. XD Very adorable concept and solid execution of it. Scene selection was fantastic too. Facial reactions and body movements were spot on. :)

Although the visual quality was something to be desired. Death Note (the main focus besides the ponies) was very hard to look at with all of the blocking/banding.

Congrats on your win!
Thanks! Like said -- so bad at all the video tech stuff >.< I need to take a crash course on it haha - or talk to someone who is a total expert.
Radical_Yue wrote:THIS.

THIS.

THHHIIISSSSS.

This is the kind of comedy video that I love. Not because zomgponies, but because it's good. While I am a fan of the show, that's not what makes this video for me. It's all of the work and jokes you put into it. You could have just done the second half of the video with the MLP theme and characters lip syncing, but you went the extra mile. Not only did you create an entirely new story for it, you made sure the jokes kept coming by putting custom stuff in there. It's soooo easy to just let a funny song with a funny anime or a silly combination do all the work. This is also one of the first comedy videos to ever make me laugh without the crowd mindset of being at at con.

I could harp on technical stuff, but that's not the point of this video. This is a fun video that will make crowds and fans laugh. I look forward to being able to watch this with an audience. :up:

>//////< Thank you so much Yue! That means a lot coming from you!
Fall_Child42 wrote:I haven't found you in the other chat to tell you this yet, but I really liked this video.

The reason I like this video is the concept. You put alot of planning and work into the concept of this video and it shines through. I loved the little jokes, asides and other details you put in here.

Like Yue, I cannot wait to see a crowd watch this. They'll love it.

:shark:
Thank you so much! Yes it is a big hit with crowds haha, as I learned this weekend!
nicki_013 wrote:wow, that was a different idea. I personally don't get the pony craze and am quite sick of it every time I go to a convention, but this was a funny and unique idea so I really liked it. I have been to a few competitions where it seemed like a video won just because the audience likes ponies so much, but I don't think that would be the case with this video at all. Good job :) and congrats on your win
Thank you so much! That is good to hear!! And I enjoyed your video as well! :lol:

Thank you everyone for your kind words - --really they mean a lot!
ImageImage

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Very good execution for an FMV, the execution of mixing the anime and american animation was very well done. As Code said, the visual quality did suffer a little, feel free to ask me on Skype anytime for tips on cleaning up dark/washed out source like death note.

The second part felt a like a different video and was probably not really needed for the impact of the joke. While it was edited decently, it was not as good as the editing in the opening part.

Overall it was a unique comedy video that works and is executed well.

PS The shirt wasn't infected, I promise :cry:
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Hikado95
Org Profile

Post by Hikado95 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Pony Note !! *OO*!! :up:
GOOD work! :bear:

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:42 pm

I hope, hope I don't get hated or flamed for thisss. Just saying my honest opinion for this. I'm one of the few that will be brave enough I guess. I admit this is pretty creative! Nice job, but I just didn't find it that funny o-o I'm not a pony fan maybe thats why, but didn't think this video was your best. I admit I got kind of bored watching this, just most of what was going on was just to out of control for me, didn't know where it was going at all. It's just not my style I'm sorry katie D: I just had to be honest, hopefully people wont troll me for saying my opinion on something. *again*
It's still nice edit of course!

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:49 pm

xDreww wrote:I hope, hope I don't get hated or flamed for thisss. Just saying my honest opinion for this. I'm one of the few that will be brave enough I guess. I admit this is pretty creative! Nice job, but I just didn't find it that funny o-o I'm not a pony fan maybe thats why, but didn't think this video was your best. I admit I got kind of bored watching this, just most of what was going on was just to out of control for me, didn't know where it was going at all. It's just not my style I'm sorry katie D: I just had to be honest, hopefully people wont troll me for saying my opinion on something. *again*
It's still nice edit of course!
I'm with you on this. God job on creating something unique but I felt nothing. Not funny at all.

PS: I'm also very picky when it comes to comedy videos and 99% of them do not make me laugh.

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:04 am

same here, didn't find it all that funny to be honest. The editing was just okay, too.

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:56 am

Agree with Dreww on this too, creative but i didn't find it funny D:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:27 am

I'm in the same boat as everyone else saying it's well made, but didn't do much for me.

Congrats on the win.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”