Round 1 (COMPLETE!)

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Kyssifur
Org Profile

Re: Round 1

Post by Kyssifur » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:26 am

:bzz: Kisanzi :bzz2:
we are awesome

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:34 am

*cheers for GuntherAMV* \o/

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:38 am

I've got money on Lopez or Kyssifur for group A. It's a very solid group of editors though. XD

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:50 am

It's been some months since i've been active here so i'm betting on Ileia, even though i can't possibly know what i''ve been missing - new talented editors like Shin and stuff. She can't just lose, can she? :P
Spoiler :
I'm ashamed i don't even know most of the rest participants, my bad :awesome: there goes my excuse...

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:57 am

:bzz: Good luck to everyone (me too 'cause I'll need it) :bzz2:

|:>

HaydenST
Org Profile

Post by HaydenST » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Go Kuro :awesome:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Yue, you should throw in a general discussion thread or something because I didn't really know where to throw this question at xD:
Does the whole group have to edit to one song, or is each person given a different song?

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 pm

pacotacoshell wrote:Yue, you should throw in a general discussion thread or something because I didn't really know where to throw this question at xD:
Does the whole group have to edit to one song, or is each person given a different song?
Everyone in the bracket will be editing to the same song. That means only 22 (or 23, I have my notes at home >>;) songs out of the 300+ I received will actually be used.

I would highly recommend for people to check out videos from the original Quickening tournament. Some of them are really amazing and it'll give you a general idea of what is expected. http://en.amv-france.com/concours/quick ... e_resultat

The rules for the original Quickening and are version are a bit different, but overall it's the same general concept.

EDIT: As for those curious about how the songs will be randomized for the contest, I have made a list with all the rounds and am assigning a number to each song I received. I am then putting all the numbers 1 - X into http://www.random.org/lists/ and am taking the songs that show up at the top. Such as the first randomized result (say it's #42) shows up as #1 on the list, that song is assigned to the first match, Group A R1, with the #2 result being assigned to Group B R1, etc..

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Oh I'm against jade_eyed_angel... Interesting x)
And then after Kireblue or xDreww... I wish I could be against Drew, would be fun, I'm sure he'ld love to beat me, wouldn't you dude? :asd:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:51 pm

Also, last question: I heard that it was free-for-all in round 1, but the way the brackets look tell me that it's 1v1. So is it 1v1? O:

Return to “The Quickening 2012”