AMV-France Online Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Re: AMV-France Online Contest

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Yep.
irriadin wrote:When are we voting for the last batch of videos?
Monday

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Uggggh....this contest was WAAAAY too drawn out...I hope if it happens again that they release the videos faster, this one to two videos a day crap got old QUICKLY...
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:55 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:Uggggh....this contest was WAAAAY too drawn out...I hope if it happens again that they release the videos faster, this one to two videos a day crap got old QUICKLY...
I kind of agree. I'd have preferred to vote the same time as the previous two weeks, don't see why it has to be monday...

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:Uggggh....this contest was WAAAAY too drawn out...I hope if it happens again that they release the videos faster, this one to two videos a day crap got old QUICKLY...
Haha, 3 weeks to release all the videos doesn't seem much for me. But i'll remember this for the next time !
irriadin wrote:I'd have preferred to vote the same time as the previous two weeks, don't see why it has to be monday...
because the last video will be released today. I'll send the form tonight, just after the release.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:22 am

Kain-x-spirits wrote:
Haha, 3 weeks to release all the videos doesn't seem much for me. But i'll remember this for the next time !
For contests like Akross that have a crapload of videos it's not so bad, but this 1 MAYBE 2 videos a day stuff that was done for this contest was like beating a dead horse. It seems as if people lost interest fast, as comments about videos and forum discussion pretty much did off quickly.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:27 am

Having only a video or two a day made comparing them difficult; as a result I just waited until the end of the week and watched them all concurrently. That way I could have a good idea about which were the best in each category for the week.

A suggestion for next time would be for the judges to group the videos by category and show all of each category together over a period of a few days, then allow voting on that category.
Image Image

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:24 pm

Rendakor wrote:A suggestion for next time would be for the judges to group the videos by category and show all of each category together over a period of a few days, then allow voting on that category.
That would add an enormous amount of work to the judges. At first i wanted to people choose themselves their categories, but it would have been troublesome to change the form of the actual website xD. So yeah, this time it was the only solution I had. But anyway, it would have been boring and annoying to watch 15 or 20 action videos in the same week.

edit: and the last video has been posted, and i sent the from \o/

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:32 pm

|:>

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Submitted the last form. Now's the part where I try to guess who did what, (excluding, shall we say, the "obvious" answers):

xDreww - Inside the Opened
[madaraxD] - Espejismo
Michael Hudak - Naruto's Revenge

Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Org Profile

Post by Rendakor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Kain-x-spirits wrote:
Rendakor wrote:A suggestion for next time would be for the judges to group the videos by category and show all of each category together over a period of a few days, then allow voting on that category.
That would add an enormous amount of work to the judges. At first i wanted to people choose themselves their categories, but it would have been troublesome to change the form of the actual website xD. So yeah, this time it was the only solution I had. But anyway, it would have been boring and annoying to watch 15 or 20 action videos in the same week.

edit: and the last video has been posted, and i sent the from \o/
Having people pick the category of their videos work too; regardless, I would rather have watched all the action videos together so I could more accurately judge which is the best action video, instead of having issues like we discussed earlier in the thread where a good video against stiff competition gets rated worse than a mediocre video in a dry week.
Image Image

Return to “AMV Contests”