The Lip Flapper : Volume 5 - AimoAio

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
gotegenks
Org Profile

Re: The Lip Flapper : Volume 5 - AimoAio

Post by gotegenks » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:02 pm

her origin story is a lot like mine and all my friends (except the clinging to animes bit)

these are alright and everything but i wanna hear some amv theory, their disputable opinions about the right way to do things, some controversial questions that makes the interviewee LEAVE THE COMPUTER!

no, but i do wanna see some more opinion-seeking questions in these. the questions sound like the person you're interviewing is a celebrity and your readers are her adoring fans, but we're her peers. just want maybe a little more "how do you think _____ should('ve) be(en) done" "what do you think of this genre/subgroup/typeofeditor/community" something for all of us to think about grow on and maybe disagree with? All of the comments seem to be the same for each interview but with some key words changed each time

Not that i dislike these, you're doing an excellent job, keep up the good work, just thought i'd give a little feedback is all. can't wait for the next one!
Spoiler :
inb4 "start your own interview series then"

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Kinda agree that the questions seem to lack, well..... Anything worthy of having a disclaimer. Are you picking people based on who's around when you think of it, or is there a particular reason you choose them? If there is, that'd be a great jumping off point to ask a bunch of smaller, less broad questions. It's more helpful to the reader if everything you ask isn't an essay prompt. A series of following questions is always nice to read, where one jumps from the answer and follows up with a new question based on that responce. It sounds more coversational I suppose.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:17 pm

gote wrote:her origin story is a lot like mine and all my friends (except the clinging to animes bit)

these are alright and everything but i wanna hear some amv theory, their disputable opinions about the right way to do things, some controversial questions that makes the interviewee LEAVE THE COMPUTER!

no, but i do wanna see some more opinion-seeking questions in these. the questions sound like the person you're interviewing is a celebrity and your readers are her adoring fans, but we're her peers. just want maybe a little more "how do you think _____ should('ve) be(en) done" "what do you think of this genre/subgroup/typeofeditor/community" something for all of us to think about grow on and maybe disagree with? All of the comments seem to be the same for each interview but with some key words changed each time

Not that i dislike these, you're doing an excellent job, keep up the good work, just thought i'd give a little feedback is all. can't wait for the next one!
Spoiler :
inb4 "start your own interview series then"
I do plan on doing this a certain degree. Starting with February, I'm doing a more theme centered approach to things. February is "romance" month, so I tend to focus more on romance videos and their execution, as well as group discussions that focus in more on that territory. I don't want to spoil things, but March also focuses on something entirely differently. January/December was just a sort of test run for myself.

BUT I do want to start with the same 3/4 beginning questions on the personal interviews because I personally would like to get to know each editor a little better, and I think it's a fun/important aspect to keep about the series.
Kinda agree that the questions seem to lack, well..... Anything worthy of having a disclaimer. Are you picking people based on who's around when you think of it, or is there a particular reason you choose them? If there is, that'd be a great jumping off point to ask a bunch of smaller, less broad questions. It's more helpful to the reader if everything you ask isn't an essay prompt. A series of following questions is always nice to read, where one jumps from the answer and follows up with a new question based on that responce. It sounds more coversational I suppose.
Originally, I picked people I was comfortable asking or had prior dealings with. I didn't realize at the time that I first started (most of these were pre-planned all at once) that people would actually read/enjoy the series, so a lot of the questions were copy/pastas with the exception of Kosmit/Aimo's, which I added a little fun international question to.

February is also (to a certain extent) going to be more of the current format, just with more specific questions directed at a specific genre.

I have, however, been planning on moving the interviews to a Skype Chat and then just cleaning up the questions to put it in a more professional format. Hopefully, this way I can ask questions with the previous responses to look back on.

Thank you all for the feedback! I want to improve the series, and these are both great suggestions.

On a less important note, how do you guys like the new banner?

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:22 pm

is it in protest of sopa?

gotegenks
Org Profile

Post by gotegenks » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:35 pm

well you're free to do it how you like, but if readers have an issue that you're fully understanding of and willing to change then i think it'd be best to make at least some changes sooner rather than later because why would they continue reading if they're losing interest? and also it would be harder to track change if you put it off for a couple months, i know you already have it planned out and everything but no harm in rewording a few questions, right?

maybe this isn't my place, i'm not threatening you with not reading or anything, i'm gonna keep reading and so will others but i'm just sayin if it were me i'd want to improve it faster than put it off, and i think that method would be in the best interest of the quality of this series. But, maybe i dont know anything about this process and it's near impossible to change but idono. again, keep it up, good stuff, blablabla. -shutmouth-

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:07 pm

I'll see what I can do. February can possibly be re-formatted a bit, but I'm not as sure of January due to my own personal time constraints. But I'll try, and we'll see what comes of it. :)

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:58 am

Finally got to read this one...

...still lovin' it! :up:
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Funtimes. :)

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:27 pm

It was nice to read about Pancake's thoughts on things. <3
Rawr desu <3

TrufflePigStudios
Org Profile

Post by TrufflePigStudios » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Hehe, this has been my favorite interview to read so far! These are awesome, thank-you for putting these together!! :pizza:

Return to “General AMV”