Gungrave AMV by Breeman "You've Been Shot" (song by 3)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
breeman
Org Profile

Post by breeman » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Been a while since I submitted a new AMV, also I realized I didn't post the AMV I made last year, Dogs of War which was an Anime Boston 2011 drama finalist.

Check em out! (Comments and opinions are appreciated :D )

ExSphere
Org Profile

Re: Gungrave AMV by Breeman "You've Been Shot" (song by 3)

Post by ExSphere » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:13 pm

I remember watching this without looking at the title of the author and said, "shit this looks like some breeman shit!" looks up and see breemans name :3
It's been a while since I've seen a good gungrave video. :D Gonna do a full review of this in a bit and leave you an op.

breeman
Org Profile

Post by breeman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Thanks man. I'll admit it's been quite a while since I've been really active on AMV forums or even shared betas with other creators before finishing new AMVs. I've kinda just been the only one to see my AMVs before finishing them in recent years (besides friends and my girlfriend, which are mostly biased), which shouldn't be the way to really make a successful AMV. But I've got enough years behind me to know what works and what doesn't.

That said, I do welcome constructive criticism (your op on 'Soul of A Lotus Eater' was a bit of an eye opener, and I admit I was kind of lost on the direction of that AMV, but some people did find it a fun video to watch, and one of my best, sometimes its just a matter of taste), and I should start contacting more creators again and get different opinions on works in progress. Seems like I'm nearly forgotten on the org nowadays, although I've met some people at Anime Boston (having been a finalist now for 4 years in a row) but haven't even made the effort to keep in contact with the editors there outside of the convention. Bad move on my part I guess. Oh well, I'll start with my next AMV!

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Dope shit man, always good to see a new breeman video, even better to see 2.

Fuck yeah for using 3, too. Awsm band. <3

breeman
Org Profile

Post by breeman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Hell yeah, 3 rules! Did I mention I made their new website? And I've hung with Joey Eppard a few times (added his comments on the video in the description), even been to his house. Really awesome and humble dude.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:33 am

You've Been Shot:

I really enjoyed this. Pretty unique source, and I liked how you combined it with the audio. I was a little confused with the execution of the timing of some scenes (where he'd be shot one moment and up/walking in a second later and in an entirely different setting/outfit).

But for the whole, it was pretty enjoyable. Good scenes were picked for pretty nice execution.

Dogs of War

I really enjoyed this one. Good sync, good scene selection and you captured the mood extremely well. I felt like the concept could have been hit a little harder in the very beginning of the AMV, but I enjoyed it without exception.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”