Guilty Crown

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
TEKnician
Org Profile

Re: Guilty Crown

Post by TEKnician » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:27 am

Also, as a side note...

INORI NEEDS MORE DIALOGUE.

I know she's supposed to be this shy, frail, soft-spoken, earnest little girl...but come on. I see no character development.
Almost as hard as fighting a Holy Paladin.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:21 am

Liking this!
Spoiler :
Having definite flashbacks to Code Geass, though the FLCL aspect....eeeeh not as much. Still, I really enjoyed the first 4 episodes, the characters are all very interesting with the exception of Inori...she's very bland. How did she ever get to be a singer at all, she just kinda does nothing. I also kinda don't like the whole "use me as a weapon" trope, as it seems to be one of those things that either works really well or not at all. Case of it working really well: Soul Eater. I'm much more interested in the pilot girl and the VR girl. They seem like far more dynamic characters. MORE SCREEN TIME PLS.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:34 pm

The_TEKnician wrote:Also, as a side note...

INORI NEEDS MORE DIALOGUE.

I know she's supposed to be this shy, frail, soft-spoken, earnest little girl...but come on. I see no character development.
ZephyrStar wrote:Liking this!
Spoiler :
Still, I really enjoyed the first 4 episodes, the characters are all very interesting with the exception of Inori...she's very bland. How did she ever get to be a singer at all, she just kinda does nothing. I also kinda don't like the whole "use me as a weapon" trope, as it seems to be one of those things that either works really well or not at all.
x2. She seemed much more interesting in the first 2 or so episodes but the last one was a bit of a disappointment. It's almost as if she's just a pretty doll for decor in the show. :|

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Watching: EPISODE 5

Okay...I guess Inori is coming out of her shell just a wee little bit.

Ayase is friggin awesome!!! WHEELCHAIR FTW!!!!

And seriously...how pathetic is Shu? I mean how do you
Spoiler :
get knocked on your ass by a crip?!
Back to Inori, Here's my theory:
Spoiler :
She is a genetic copy or recreation of Gai's past lover/wife (or quite possibly his actual daughter) who was confined to a medical research institute and thus saved by Gai himself.
But it was pretty sad to see Shu
Spoiler :
looking at Inori as she entered his love chamber.
THAT MUST HAVE BEEN PRETTY DISTURBING to say the least...

Chained(E)Studio
Org Profile

Post by Chained(E)Studio » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:03 pm

The_TEKnician wrote:
Back to Inori, Here's my theory:
Spoiler :
She is a genetic copy or recreation of Gai's past lover/wife (or quite possibly his actual daughter) who was confined to a medical research institute and thus saved by Gai himself.
Yeah I think somewhat the same
Spoiler :
Its his daughter (I think), and I am guessing Shu knew her at same point too? (Like when they were kids) As he had those flashbacks in the first episode of that girl, and again started to have some flashbacks....

TEKnician
Org Profile

Post by TEKnician » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Chained(E)Studio wrote:
Spoiler :
Its his daughter (I think), and I am guessing Shu knew her at same point too? (Like when they were kids) As he had those flashbacks in the first episode of that girl, and again started to have some flashbacks....
Oh, hey! I forgot about that! Good call :up:

ibabrak
Org Profile

Post by ibabrak » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:58 pm

The_TEKnician wrote:
Chained(E)Studio wrote:
Spoiler :
Oh, hey! I forgot about that! Good call :up:
yep something like that.
Spoiler :
I don't think Shu would even deserve Inori with all his patheticness but I think she likes him and maybe wants to protect him somehow so she won't get close to him
I hope Gai gets outta there alive since he is really awesome when it comes to tactics.

I hope I got it right but they didn't find Gai thanks to Shu, right? When that what's-his-name evil guy said that the possibility of Shu'S betrayal is 50/50, Shu already had that pen taken by Ayase and got it back only seconds before that serial killer said that Gai's been targeted.
ImageImage

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:50 pm

I'll admit, I was considering dropping the show with the way they went at the first two episodes. Fanservice, little explanation, wimpy ass protagonist who doesn't continue to change and not enough Gai screentime. From the first two episodes, the only positives I saw were its animation and its OST.
Now I'm caught up to the latest aired episode, and episode 4's ending certainly changed my perspective on the show. I mean sure I'd like a little less fanservice but overall the story intrigues me: not to mention that I'm starting to really like Shu and Inori together (and Ayase is a really cool character, imo).

I'd like for the Kenji guy to get more screentime, as well.

But this show is definitely one of my faves of the season.
And not only for the massive Code Geass, Gurren Lagann and Eureka seveN parallels, sweet Christ.

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:58 am

So She told him those sweet things because Gai told her to. Sooo upsetting. xD

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:30 am

I might keep watching just for Wheelchair Chick. She was pretty awesome :up:

I don't understand all the hate towards Shu...I can guarantee any kid in his situation would act WORSE than he is.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”