Lucid Nightmare - The Halloween MEP [Compiling]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: The Halloween MEP : [7/7 Tracks Taken] [Final Due: Oct

Post by Kireblue » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 pm

I vote lucid nightmare as well. Coincidentally, there is a video currently in the announcement thread called lucid dream :lol:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: The Halloween MEP : [7/7 Tracks Taken] [Final Due: Oct

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Welp, with that, we've got 4/7, which makes a majority. :3

Lucid Nightmare: The Halloween MEP it is! Thank you kire for the name. It is a very fitting name and extremely lovely. :up:

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Re: Lucid Nightmare - The Halloween MEP [Final Due: Oct 28]

Post by FadingSundown » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:05 pm

*Searching up the definition of lucid* = Psychiatry of or relating to a period of normality between periods of insane or irresponsible behaviour. I would've voted for it too xD.

I have changed my part a bit, and I think it is okay to say it is my final. I have put my lagarith final on the sheet in the ''link to final' and the same part only then run through zarx in the 'link to beta'. So not everybody has to go through the trouble of downloading 300 MB or Code can choose to take the MP4 for final :3.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:02 pm

I just uploaded finals for track 1 and 7. I didn't add in the blue "tint" effect that was suggested because I feel that it seems weird for just the picture frame scene to have the blue tint and not the rest of the track. Also, applying the blue tint to the entire tracks looks even weirder (IMO). I did darken and adjust the levels a bit though. But I think that any more darkening will cause the scenes to loose details.

AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Post by AllyKatAVR » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:22 pm

K, just uploaded a newer version of my full beta. I played around with the contrast and did as much as I could to make the beginning look a little more interesting. I wanted to avoid using flashes and jumpcuts just cuz I'm getting tired of using them, but if what I have right now is....terrible...I'll go ahead and resort to them ^^;

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:17 am

Allykat: I'll go ahead and say I approve of this for a final. The darkening looks really good to me and I love the overlay/blending sync you had at the beginning. Great job! :up:

kireblue: Ah the blue tint was only a suggestion to help with the darkening, you don't have to use it if it doesn't work out. ^^ I think your idea is pretty self explanatory anyway so it's all good.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:38 am

Looks great AllyKat. :3 I'll take this as a final.

I want to thank you all for getting everything in on a timely manner. :up:

I'll be compiling everything together this morning. Please check your pm boxes later tonight for a beta of the compilation. Please make sure that:

a) Your track is on-sync
b) Transitions look appropriate
c) ect ect ect.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Lucid Nightmare - The Halloween MEP [Compiling]

Post by Kireblue » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:13 pm

In the message that you sent out, did you mean that you added a crossfade in between AllyKat's track and Kazemon's track? That crossfade looks OK. The only transition that stood out to me is the one between Fading Sundown's and AllyKat's track. It might help to add in a crossfade between them. And am I the only one that hears a extra drum rattle at the moment their tracks transition. I clicked on the link that you provided to the song on youtube, and It sounds like there is a extra stutter at just that moment. Did you load all our videos into your timeline with their audio still attached? Or did you mute all of the tracks and add in the full song (uncut).

Oh but now that I think about it, you would need me to send you the the glass breaking sound clip that I used. Otherwise, you'd be forced to keep the audio in my track. Sorry Code. It slipped my mind.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:56 pm

Actually, the drum rattle is in the original song [as far as I know], but I definitely noted it as well. I'll do a double check to make sure I didn't make an oopsie on that.

AllyKat incorporated Murkuro into her mask, so that part is actually going to be modified. And BOY did she do a fantastic job with it. :up:

I'll double-work on the difference between AllyKat and FS.

And thanks for the link Kire! I'll make sure I line it up right. :3

EDIT: Ok, I did make an oopsie on the sound. Fixed. :sweat:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Wow this looks awesome! :awesome: There's a few things I noticed/would suggest though. :3

-For the transition between the intro and my track, I would slow zoom into the picture frame. Not by alot, just enough for the picture frame to take up the full screen and then do a soft short crossfade into my track.
-There's a weird flicker at 0:35 which I'm pretty sure shouldn't be there. :uhoh: I don't know if it was a rendering problem or a problem with the file.
-A longer crossfade between Steins Gate and HOTD track.

EDIT: Actually I don't know if I remember correctly but the first scene of the HOTD track...the bike is originally offscreen right? Perhaps you could mask the bike zooming into the eye as a transition. But uh..yeah I can't really remember so if I'm wrong just ignore it. XD

-I think the ending scene of the HOTD track could be just a tiny bit longer and the black fade longer too. If necessary, crossfade the black fade out of HOTD and the black fade in for Yumekui Merry.
-I'll agree with kireblue about crossfading FS and Allykat's track. Or you could try something similar to an overlay fadeout.(what you did between Hagaren's pokemon and Pan's sailor moon track in the Cascadathon MEP.)
-And I like the last 2 transitions so no comment about them. :3

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”