CascadaThon 2---OUT NOW!! CHECK ANNOUNCEMENTS FORUM!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 2---3 DAYS UNTIL RELEASE & COUNTING!!

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Alright, Code. Here is what's wrong: "ALOT"

After the blank portion of the Beta, EVERY track is out of sync [Except For The Zero No Tsukaima Track, I think]. Especially mine. I jaw dropped literally from how bad mine was outta sync.

Also, the ending credits need to come in sooner. Not wait that long after the final track for them to appear.

Another note I would like to make is that after the blank portion of this beta, it looks like you just stopped trying on the transitions between tracks. Like you said fuck it and just transitioned using white flashes.

Example, the track before my Elemental Gelade one, the end of that one was tailored to be a easy mask into the next track, hence why they stay still after the music for that track ends. And why mine is them looking over a mountain at the start to match the lyircs and to help be used as a transition WHICH YOU LEFT OUT.

I'm also on the ropes about the transition between Hagarens track and the sailor moon track. I don't know if I like it or hate it. I don't know if it's ugly or what. Just have a strange feeling about that transition. Like...I don't trust it or something.

But yeah, my main beef with this besides the fact it's out of sync after the blank portion, is the fact that it looks like you stopped giving a shit about the transitions after the blank spot.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 2---2 DAYS UNTIL RELEASE & COUNTING!!

Post by MystykAMV » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:19 pm

TC: I actually just put that scene there to have that plus few seconds, but I originally wanted it to fade with a white flash and not a mask :P and I think it's not that necessary for every transition to be a mask, but I'm just saying it, it's your MEP anyway :P

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:23 pm

MystykAMV wrote:TC: I actually just put that scene there to have that plus few seconds, but I originally wanted it to fade with a white flash and not a mask :P and I think it's not that necessary for every transition to be a mask, but I'm just saying it, it's your MEP anyway :P
It doesn't look right as a flash. When I think transition, I think experienced editor/fancy transition. Not nooobie editor/lazy transition.

And that's not what you told me a while back. Because after the music ends you said I could use those extra seconds of no music with the mask of them standing still as a transition. That's what you told me.

Sorry if this sounds harsh Code, but I don't want a white flash transition or a fade transition unless there is no other way to transition it.

It's why I asked for 2 extra seconds at the beginning and end of everyone's track. I didn't ask for those extra seconds just so we could fade and flash. I did it so we could mask and make clean and awesome looking transitions.

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:31 pm

well I don't remember what I said back then, but my purpose was a white flash I think, but masking is also a possibility so if you guys want to do that fine for me, it was just hard to end the scene with the mask, so I put a flash there >.<

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:38 pm

MystykAMV wrote:well I don't remember what I said back then, but my purpose was a white flash I think, but masking is also a possibility so if you guys want to do that fine for me, it was just hard to end the scene with the mask, so I put a flash there >.<
Would have been better had you masked it and then when the music ended for your part just left the background of them standing black screen.

@Code: I am gonna make up a reason why I think you were so lazy with the transitions after the blank portion. You didn't have Inan's part, so you didn't feel the need to expend all that time for something you might have to go back and fix due to another track being added later. Which is understandable since people normally want to get everything done in one whack.

At least I hope that is the case. Sorry if all I am saying sounds rude, but indulge me for a second, Code. Look at the way the MEP is transitioning to each track before the blank portion. Now look at the transitions after the blank portion. You see the difference?

It goes from awesome transitions and amazing flow.............to "wtf is this shit?" kinda transitions.

It's like the MEP said............I'm done being awesome. I'm going to be lazy the rest of the MEP and only transition using flashes or fades.

My rant is now done. I hope you fix this Code. Cuz I was a little frustrated after seeing those transitions after the blank portion.

Sorry if I came off as an ass, but you wanted my opinion.

EDIT: As for white flashes, the only track I don't mind being transitioned to with a white flash is the Black Rock Shooter Track. Since, a white flash is already there with the beat of the music and actually looks nice. But in the Compilation beta, looks like you cut a part of the white flash off early, and thus mis-timed the track, bad. Just wanted to say that.
Last edited by TwilightChrono on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JadeCharm
Org Profile

Post by JadeCharm » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Whoa who made the Kaleido Star track? Did I miss something??? o.O
The compilation was awesome!
Few things I noticed:
The synch of my tracks were fine, but Aimos track seemed offbeat to me.
Last edited by JadeCharm on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:48 pm

JadeCharm wrote: I think the gap between the end of the mep and the beginning of credits is too long. Would it sound weird if you would shorten it a little?
I said the same thing already.

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:50 pm

TC:
About the last 2 seconds, I don't know if I should lengthen the last clip (which is a mask) or leave it like this, which is better for transition purposes? I think if I ended mine with a white flash it would be good, becaus then the next part could start with a flash or something.
I wrote this in the message where I sent the second beta, and no one said anything except AimoAio, who said it's okay to leave a flash, and I meant the part before the flash, where there is a mask and in the background there are about 4 beats and I meant if I should leave that mask longer, but I will see if I still have the project file, maybe I can do something about it (but you'll have to wait till tomorrow).

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 2---3 DAYS UNTIL RELEASE & COUNTING!!

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Add masking on second half. Can do! :)

I'll fix the out of sync bits. That's not the hard part to fix either. Apparently I shifted some tracks at some point. My sincerest apologizes to TC, riccard, Aimo and Mysty. XD

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm

MystykAMV wrote:TC:
About the last 2 seconds, I don't know if I should lengthen the last clip (which is a mask) or leave it like this, which is better for transition purposes? I think if I ended mine with a white flash it would be good, becaus then the next part could start with a flash or something.
I wrote this in the message where I sent the second beta, and no one said anything except AimoAio, who said it's okay to leave a flash, and I meant the part before the flash, where there is a mask and in the background there are about 4 beats and I meant if I should leave that mask longer, but I will see if I still have the project file, maybe I can do something about it (but you'll have to wait till tomorrow).
Nah, you don't need to fix your part. It's nothing Code can't fix. Since the end of your track is already masked, all code has to do is remask for the transition. SO it's not a big problem. You don't have to go back and fix anything. I was just stating my disdain for white flashes and fades when it comes to transition to a different source is all.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”