video syncing

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
SuicideKyd
Org Profile

video syncing

Post by SuicideKyd » Sun Jul 21, 2002 10:53 am

Where would a good faq be for syncing up your video with your songs , so i can do better with my second one :oops: any way i should have my server up soon so you can get the first one thanks in advace.
The name is Gambit....remember it!

Bushido Philosopher
Org Profile

Post by Bushido Philosopher » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:19 am

it's that little thing called common sense. you just sync it to the music. it's not that hard. the key is to not be lazy about it.
"Many people want to change the world, but very few even consider changing themselves."
<<A>My Member Profile</a>> <<A>Read my Xanga</a>>

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:22 am

My audio guide has a little advice on what to think about when timing song and even has a little guide on how to do it.

Generally you dont need instructions, once you know what to listen out for then it's really easy but hopefully my guide might give you some hints that you haven't thought of (see link below).

Chaos Angel
Org Profile

Post by Chaos Angel » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:23 am

I haven't used anything besides Premiere (no Finalcut or Movie Maker), so I can only give you advice that p[ertains to Premiere.

Can I safely assume you are referring to beat sync (syncing to the beat and/or melody of the music) instead of lyric sync (using clips that relate to the lyrics)? If so, the most effective way I've found is to open the waveform by clicking the drop arrow on the audio and then listen carefully to the music while watching the waveform to see where on it the portions you want to sync to occur. From there, just place the clips at the right moments. You can use the timeline markers to mark your place easily enough, so you don't get lost.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.

SuicideKyd
Org Profile

Post by SuicideKyd » Sun Jul 21, 2002 11:38 am

thanks destiny.....i looked and did some of the big no no's such as drums and mood......
The name is Gambit....remember it!

Return to “General AMV”