AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (OTAKON, here we come!)

Post by SammySamaProductions » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:45 pm

If there is a time planned for friday i'll do my best to show up. Baltimore is only 2 hours or so out of my way..I might be able to swing it. BUT DON'T PLAN ANYTHING AROUND ME. I still don't know for sure as I'm carrying up my friend's son (who's 18 and his mother still insists on a chaperon...Pfffssstttt. My father's more worried about me this year ;P) Anywho I'd love to get together if I can make it. It will honestly depend on when I actually leave as it's a 8 hour drive to my intended destination from here and adding 2-3 extra hours might be too much for me...especially at night on those West VA mountain roads I have to cut through. But if there is a Friday time lemme know and I can see what happens ^_^ Hope everyone has fun at the Premiere!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:11 am

SammySamaProductions wrote:If there is a time planned for friday i'll do my best to show up. Baltimore is only 2 hours or so out of my way..I might be able to swing it. BUT DON'T PLAN ANYTHING AROUND ME. I still don't know for sure as I'm carrying up my friend's son (who's 18 and his mother still insists on a chaperon...Pfffssstttt. My father's more worried about me this year ;P) Anywho I'd love to get together if I can make it. It will honestly depend on when I actually leave as it's a 8 hour drive to my intended destination from here and adding 2-3 extra hours might be too much for me...especially at night on those West VA mountain roads I have to cut through. But if there is a Friday time lemme know and I can see what happens ^_^ Hope everyone has fun at the Premiere!!!
I'm not sure from your message if it's that far out of your way a drive. Is the two hours the out of the way? Anyway, if you do feel an inclination to come, I'll be more than happy to step away from whatever to meet you for a bit if you're going to be taking the time to come up, that's for sure. If you're thinking about it, I'll drop you my cell number in a PM and you can give me a call. Maybe we can do Subway or something simple depending on your time/budget constraints :) And don't do anything that will annoy the hell out of yourself. Keep in mind, myself and hopefully at least one other person will be filming the premiere from two separate angles ^^ I want two different audience reaction vids honestly, because I've been curious ever since last year when Moonbunnychan said that the reactions were very different from my vid in the back. So hopefully this year we'll have a fun experiment.

Anyway, when things become more concrete on your end, let us know. Pretty much any time before 5 PM on either day can guarantee I'll have time. Aside from the Saturday concert, Friday AMV contest, and the fanparodies, everything's up in the air for me.
ImageImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:42 pm

Ya it's two hours out of my trip. That sounds like a great idea (meeting for dinner) but I'll have to see. I won't be staying for the con I'd just be meeting for dinner. But yeah from midlothian to slippery rock it's about 6-8 hours the way I go and baltimore is 2 hours east of where I split to go west. I can't make any promises but I am trying to make a meet up :) I am looking forward to the reaction video... If you could do a better job than I did of file size I would be extremely greatfull. I hav to pay some bills on the first so I'll be up at Macdonalds (love the free wifi) do I'll be able to download it and watch it :) we also have a Internet cafe on site which is awesome but costly :) but looking forward to hopefully hanging. I'll let you know for sure by Wednesday.
ImageImage
ImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:
You definitely win on the people front...

I NOW have 10-11 people rooming with me. :sweat:

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:42 pm

moonbunnychan wrote: I NOW have 10-11 people rooming with me. :sweat:
I do not envy you.

As far as meeting up... Would it be easier to meet for coffee & the like on Friday afternoon than a meal?.. If so does anyone know a likely cafe?

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:13 pm

I'd like to do Thursday night as well, even if it changes into just a couple of us, but as for Friday, I spoke with Scott, and afternoon seems to be when many of the creators want to meet. But if you want a cafe on Friday, I think I described the one my friends and I go to every Friday morning earlier. It's a small corporate cafe that serves sandwiches and drinks and such, and it's only open on Friday. It's out of the way, a little tough to find if you don't know what you're looking for, but as such, very few people go there. It could work for a quick get-together to meet and talk over a meal and then go to the con, because it's right across the street.
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:01 am

Schedule's out, btw. The fan parodies this year are happening in the same room as the AMV Contest is being held, so that should be a good sign both for acoustics and space. I'm going to a panel 1-2 on Friday but other then that my day is open till evening. Trying to decide if I'm going to the AMV contest Friday or Saturday. Friday it's RIGHT before the parodies and I don't know if I could stand doing them both back to back, but Saturday interferes with the movie I wanted to watch. And I can't go to both my movie AND Iron Editor. Also one of my friends is in the Lolita Fashion Show which is ending right as Salad starts. GAAAAH.
I swear, every year there's only a handful of things I want to go to and they all end up at exactly the same time.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:03 am

Honestly, I think a late brunch Friday would be best to make sure we don't interfere too much with schedules. Something leisurely, like at 10-11, somewhere thereabouts. It looks like there's nothing particular going on at 11, there are a few things ending and starting, but it'd generally a dead time it looks like unless you're particularly interested in what's on then. 10 is always an option as well. I never really go to anime at the cons unless it's a special group anime like Zetsubou or Genshiken, otherwise it's just not the right emotional setup. I'm not sure how the rest of you feel, but I consider those much more 'sacred' for lack of a better word to look through on my own unless they're group oriented comedy.

Anyway, this way if we decided to meet and greet for a half hour or an hour at 11, we'll be able to have a nice, relatively cheap breakfast after a good night's sleep (or after seeing the morning panels, whatever we do) and we can even plan out if we'd like to meet elsewhere later in the weekend.

As for you potentially needing to rush over from the lolita fashion show... well... worse comes to worst, I will do everything in my power to guarantee the reaction video, so any part you miss, I'll have coverage for you. I agree about the AMV Contest and fanparodies being a lot in one go, and I'm thankful that Saturday's AMV Contest is at 3, since if I happen to miss it for whatever reason, I can catch it before I have to go to the FF Concert.
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Ya, what I think I'm gonna do is cut out of the fashion show early...hopefully my friend's part will be over by then, then run over.
As for brunch, I'm usually not out of my hotel that early lol. My hotel's got free breakfast and that ends at 10. I just got an email from my other friends and with the exception of one person who's train is supposed to arrive at 6 and the two people riding with me the rest are showing up at my room at like, 10pm, and that group is perpetually late, so I can probably make the Thursday night thing, though if they miraculously show up on time I may need to leave.

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm not likely to get to the harbor area that early either. I'm staying elsewhere and while I could conceivably get to Baltimore around 2am, last year I got in close to 4, so I doubt I'd get to the con area before noon (and even noon sounds ambitious to me).

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”