AnimeNEXT 2011 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ReligionX
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2011 AMV Contest

Post by ReligionX » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:58 pm

--Edited by ReligionX to be polite--

I will be showing AMVs as frequently as I can. At this point we are limited to very small rooms. For this reason, we will be having several more screenings of the AMV Contest. I literally took every time available that didn't overlap with itself. I went from 2 AMV events + the winners to 8 + the winners. I wanted more, times, but they just don't exist. I will be bringing in my personal speaker system to ensure that the audio will at least meet my minimum expectations.

There will be no NC-17 Contest, due to lack of submissions. What NC-17 AMVs we had for that event will be shown during other NC-17 events. I already told the AMV editors this would be a possibility, and everyone okayed this.

Friday
Main Events: AMV Contest 12:00-2:00PM
Panel 3: AMV General Screening 2:30-4:00 PM
Panel 3: AMV Contest 5:00-6:30 PM
Panel 3: AMV Contest 9:30-11:30 PM

Saturday
Panel 3: AMV Contest 1:00-3:00 PM
Panel 3: AMV General Screening 3:00-4:30PM
Video 4: AMV Contest 4:30-6:00 PM
Masquerade Intermission - AMV Contest Winners Announced / Screened

Sunday
Events C: AMV Contest Encore 3:00-4:30PM

I am very sorry, and I am extremely upset.
Last edited by ReligionX on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head
Zenkaikon V Website AnimeNEXT 2011

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear about the mix up, I'm hoping things work out with the scheduling and you can get something worked out.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:09 am

Ijexis wrote:Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear about the mix up, I'm hoping things work out with the scheduling and you can get something worked out.
I have done everything I can. Panel 3 holds 50 people. Events C and Video 4, I think hold less than 100 people. Main events can hold hundreds of people, but no one is going to see it at noon on Friday. I am hoping that through the quantity of showings, that everyone will be able to see the AMV Contest at least at some point, even if the room is filled to capacity at a certain time-- hence the 6 screenings. I am already predicting that there will be people unable to see the AMV Contest that want to see it. I slept maybe 4 hours last night.

I haven't had a chance to get the General Screening playlists together. I already know which ones are going to be played, but it takes time to get this stuff together. I won't have time to give people pre-screening results until after the convention. I'm going to show as many General Screening AMVs as I can between the 2 screenings. The playlists (by editors) will be posted online before the convention, and the playlists will be posted on the door outside of the room where the videos will be played. Again, I apologize for the tiny room.

I know what effort goes into making these videos. I know what time, emotion and energy goes into making these videos. You all have a certain expectation of how your videos will be seen by an audience, and I have a certain expectation, and I don't think it's going to be how we had envisioned it. These AMVs are really good. The quality of AMVs I see every time, overall increases year after year. I'm not just saying that either. If the videos weren't this good, I wouldn't care as much. I feel that people are legitimately going to miss out on something they should see instead of other events scheduled at that time.

That needed to be let out. Time to move on. This presentation will be as high quality as the conditions will permit. I promise.
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head

xDreww2
Org Profile

Post by xDreww2 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:35 am

Will there be a live streaming?

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:09 am

xDreww2 wrote:Will there be a live streaming?
Hot dog. Is that what they're doing these days? I'd love to say that I could do this, and given any amount of planning for it, I may have been able to. I have a satellite internet card I use for a work laptop, but I'm unfamiliar with broadcasting. I've seen plenty of live streams. It doesn't look to be that difficult. Maybe you can talk to the next AMV Coordinator about doing something like this. The convention center doesn't offer free internet connections, as far as I know. Even if it were in the budget, I think the point is that we'd like to have people show up to AnimeNEXT to see the events live.

As it is, you can download on animemusicvideos.org / find on youtube ~90% of all AMVs shown at conventions days before (I hope that isn't supposed to be a secret). Most editors are forthcoming with showcasing their work.

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:40 pm

AMV General Screening - Friday

Akira Takamedo
Anime Chaos Productions
BleachFreak
Celticozzy1203
Cosplay Comedian Joe
Dream On Studios
Eloise Thibault
Haruhihasu
Haruka
Hikaru2322
iLittlePancake
magigal131
majinbulgeta
MysteriousRyder
Pinky75910
Radient Avengers
RAWRiimam0nstah
RoseVicious
Sephiroth
Shin
Silver Star Studios
Stacy A. Moscariello
Statz
SugarShuichi
Tuxedo Marty

AMV General Screening - Saturday

Akira Takamedo
Anime Chaos Productions
Dearheart
Dream On Studios
Eloise Thibault
EpicWynProductions
Haruhihasu
Haruka
iLittlePancake
Jester243
Julianne Jedwab
magigal131
majinbulgeta
MysteriousRyder
Pinky75910
Radient Avengers
RAWRiimam0nstah
RoseVicious
Sephiroth
Shattered Angels
Shin
Stacy A. Moscariello
Statz
Tuxedo Marty
Warlike Swans

jeffreyrolek
Org Profile

Post by jeffreyrolek » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:00 pm

I just came back from the Masquerade at Anime Next.
I was told that the AMV Awards were cancelled.
Was there anything wrong?

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:45 pm

jeffreyrolek wrote:I just came back from the Masquerade at Anime Next.
We were told that the coordinators had to make a hasty departure from the con...so yeah...no awards after Masquerade. But other than that we have no details (I hope everything is okay). One of us will be at closing ceremonies to get any news. But we may have to wait a few days for it to get posted on the internet.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Cyanna wrote:
jeffreyrolek wrote:I just came back from the Masquerade at Anime Next.
We were told that the coordinators had to make a hasty departure from the con...so yeah...no awards after Masquerade. But other than that we have no details (I hope everything is okay). One of us will be at closing ceremonies to get any news. But we may have to wait a few days for it to get posted on the internet.
Yikes. I wonder what happened. Did the contest showings go like normal?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:10 pm

irriadin wrote:Yikes. I wonder what happened. Did the contest showings go like normal?
We didn't see all of them, but we do know that the one late on Friday night had to be canceled because the person who did the last-minute scheduling of the additional contest showings didn't know that the room had already been reserved for a secret meeting (since it was too secret to be on the schedule).

Other than that, the ones we saw (or saw parts of) seemed to go fine.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “AMV Contests”