Anime Boston 2011 Unofficial Ballot and Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Re: Anime Boston 2011 Unofficial Ballot and Winners

Post by kiarrens » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:47 pm

xDreww2 wrote: Example the romance winner. Don't get me wrong. I believe shiny apple deserved her award her video was prob one of the best at the con. So no offance to you or the editor, I'm just talking about the votes.
Oh, I took no offense. :) Just debating is all. Honestly I think that the Ke$ha vid had the audio working AGAINST it. When that one came up I heard audible groans all around me. It got my vote though, because despite the Ke$ha, it was amusing and well-edited. It's rare to see funny romance videos.
ConnectiCon 2009 - 2013: FMV Contest Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2010 - 2013: Cosplay Chess Coordinator
AnimeBoston 2012/2013: Assistant Masquerade Coordinator

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:59 pm

kiarrens wrote:Honestly I think that the Ke$ha vid had the audio working AGAINST it. When that one came up I heard audible groans all around me. It got my vote though, because despite the Ke$ha, it was amusing and well-edited. It's rare to see funny romance videos.
Yeah, I had a hard time getting my friends to watch it because of that, but they really enjoyed it once they watched it, lol. Even when I came up with the concept, I was wondering how audiences would react to it.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:08 pm

l33tmeatwad wrote:
kiarrens wrote:Honestly I think that the Ke$ha vid had the audio working AGAINST it. When that one came up I heard audible groans all around me. It got my vote though, because despite the Ke$ha, it was amusing and well-edited. It's rare to see funny romance videos.
Yeah, I had a hard time getting my friends to watch it because of that, but they really enjoyed it once they watched it, lol. Even when I came up with the concept, I was wondering how audiences would react to it.
I had the same issue with my Hetalia one. "Ewwww, HETALIA?"

Great video, and congrats on the win! I particularly loved the motion zooms on the held notes and the lipsyncing on the "bitch about this and whine about that" parts.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:21 pm

kiarrens wrote:I had the same issue with my Hetalia one. "Ewwww, HETALIA?"

Great video, and congrats on the win! I particularly loved the motion zooms on the held notes and the lipsyncing on the "bitch about this and whine about that" parts.
Thanks, I'm just glad that everyone enjoyed it :)!

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:24 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote: IIRC, that's the most awards anyone has ever won at AB in a single year. :up:
Wowzers. Thats just making me spazz out even more. lol.

By the way, does any have pictures of the trophies I wanna know what to expect. :P

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:36 pm

tehninjaness wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote: IIRC, that's the most awards anyone has ever won at AB in a single year. :up:

By the way, does any have pictures of the trophies I wanna know what to expect. :P
When I get home I'll take a pic and upload it. :) They're very pretty.

Can I just say again how much I love love love Extraball? What program did you use to make it? How long did it take you?

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:00 pm

kiarrens wrote:
tehninjaness wrote:

When I get home I'll take a pic and upload it. :) They're very pretty.

Can I just say again how much I love love love Extraball? What program did you use to make it? How long did it take you?
Awesome sauce. :)

I used Sony Vegas Pro 9 and 10. I started making it sometime late January I think, and finished it on the deadline for Kawaii-Kon sometime early March. But I made Prelude to Dreams in that time frame too and really procrastinated on Extraball, but I spent about 40-50 hours on it I would imagine.

kiarrens
Hagane no Aikousha
Org Profile

Post by kiarrens » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:29 pm

tehninjaness wrote:
I used Sony Vegas Pro 9 and 10. I started making it sometime late January I think, and finished it on the deadline for Kawaii-Kon sometime early March. But I made Prelude to Dreams in that time frame too and really procrastinated on Extraball, but I spent about 40-50 hours on it I would imagine.
Ah hah, I've heard that Vegas has a super shiny rotoscoping tool, that must have helped a lot? I am honestly shocked that it only took three months! That amount of work in AE feels like it would have taken FOREVER. Maybe I'll have to look into getting Vegas after all.

xDreww2
Org Profile

Post by xDreww2 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:23 pm

kiarrens wrote:
xDreww2 wrote: Example the romance winner. Don't get me wrong. I believe shiny apple deserved her award her video was prob one of the best at the con. So no offance to you or the editor, I'm just talking about the votes.
Oh, I took no offense. :) Just debating is all. Honestly I think that the Ke$ha vid had the audio working AGAINST it. When that one came up I heard audible groans all around me. It got my vote though, because despite the Ke$ha, it was amusing and well-edited. It's rare to see funny romance videos.
Yeah..I was a little surprised that won..I mean I understand comedy but I don't understand why romance. Would you happen to know how many people pick the finalist for the con? Only one person? Or a few? Well..no use arguing whats been done. Hopefully next year their will be a better selection of videos and winners for anime boston.

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:43 pm

xDreww2 wrote:Yeah..I was a little surprised that won..I mean I understand comedy but I don't understand why romance. Would you happen to know how many people pick the finalist for the con? Only one person? Or a few? Well..no use arguing whats been done. Hopefully next year their will be a better selection of videos and winners for anime boston.
I'm assuming you haven't seen Toradora...

Return to “AMV Contests”