Anime Expo 2011 Anime Music Video Contest rules are up!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo 2011 Anime Music Video Contest rules are up!

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:22 pm

:rofl: ohhh yay

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Ooh, Fun category, huh? I think I may very well have a vid that fits the bill.

Mmk, so my goal is to *not* send my entries at the last minute this time. Guess I better start on 'em...

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:39 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn24 ... rTroll.jpg
Amazing. :awesome:
Did you just level up?
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:43 pm

machina21 wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn24 ... rTroll.jpg
Amazing. :awesome:
Did you just level up?
In Dragon Quest games, you gotta grind quite a bit to win. Monsters of my stature tend to appear near the end game. :P
machina21 wrote: I guess it comes down what you can stand more: your ass or your neck aching. I just think the editor section isnt in a good spot. When I went in '08 , i got a spot further back and I was cool. But thats just me.
While I'm not 100% sure I'm going to attend the Day 1 contest showing, I'll probably consider getting normal tickets if I can sit farther back and only need to watch straight ahead.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:32 am

Castor Troy wrote:In Dragon Quest games, you gotta grind quite a bit to win. Monsters of my stature tend to appear near the end game. :P
You're not one of those bosses where you cast intsta-kill at the beginning and I have to spend 90% of the fight reviving my party members are you? I hate those fights, so annoying...
Castor Troy wrote:While I'm not 100% sure I'm going to attend the Day 1 contest showing, I'll probably consider getting normal tickets if I can sit farther back and only need to watch straight ahead.
First you dont enter anything, now you won't even sit with us?*tears*

Im on to your scheme though, next year you'll enter and sweep all categories which will cause a giant cosmic cataclysm and the world will end. You bastard.
"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:35 am

machina21 wrote:Im on to your scheme though, next year you'll enter and sweep all categories which will cause a giant cosmic cataclysm and the world will end. You bastard.
you're forgetting mr. troy's nemesis :twisted:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:48 am

machina21 wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:In Dragon Quest games, you gotta grind quite a bit to win. Monsters of my stature tend to appear near the end game. :P
You're not one of those bosses where you cast intsta-kill at the beginning and I have to spend 90% of the fight reviving my party members are you? I hate those fights, so annoying...
Castor Troy wrote:While I'm not 100% sure I'm going to attend the Day 1 contest showing, I'll probably consider getting normal tickets if I can sit farther back and only need to watch straight ahead.
First you dont enter anything, now you won't even sit with us?*tears*

Im on to your scheme though, next year you'll enter and sweep all categories which will cause a giant cosmic cataclysm and the world will end. You bastard.
You know my plan too well...

I'm working on the sequel to that one video I did with the golden haired guys fighting each other. It's just taking too long. :dino:

But god willing, I hope to at least have a trailer/preview for it at the AX 2011 Iron Chef/editor/whatever it'll be called.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

machina21
Org Profile

Post by machina21 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 am

Rider4Z wrote:
machina21 wrote:Im on to your scheme though, next year you'll enter and sweep all categories which will cause a giant cosmic cataclysm and the world will end. You bastard.
you're forgetting mr. troy's nemesis :twisted:
You guys are like an AMV version of Highlander. Which one of ya'll is Christopher Lambert?
I'm working on the sequel to that one video I did with the Golden Girls fighting each other. It's just taking too long.
Fixed.

DigitalPanther
Org Profile

Post by DigitalPanther » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:59 am

I have edited the First post to place a link to the actual PDF document containing the rules and the entry form.

For those to lazy to look here is the direct link. ;)

http://anime-expo.org/reg/AMV_Rules_Anime_Expo_2011.pdf

Have fun and I look forward to seeing all your entries.
-DP

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 am

AMTV-Pro fixed this year?

I don't really see why you didn't just call "Fun" other. As it's just everything that doesn't fit into the already designated categories. Not strictly "fun videos" as the name of the category seems to imply. Thus the name and description of the category are contradicting each other.

It would be nice to know what the reasoning is behind not letting "fun" video's contend for best of show.

I'll more then likely be attending, but if I'll submit anything depends on certain aspects of the contest being fixed or not. The whole "AMTV-Pro judges are looking for Nostromo type videos when judging" thing kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Not my words by the way, one of the attending [anon] judges told me that him/herself.

Return to “AMV Contests”