This script still good ?

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling and cleaning up your footage with Avisynth.
Heavy amv
Org Profile

Re: This script still good ?

Post by Heavy amv » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 am

... hum ok.

Are you sure a can get a better quality than my mkv ? Cause i cant make jthe difference between them and the dvd source. I have the same ghost issue and honestly i wont rip the dvds with all the work it needs to do it well. Even if your script is this good, i prefere not waste my time. Anyway i can give the episode i have in mkv and see by yourself what it can be done or if its that bad... I know that my script is far too strong, its obvious : nobody put both two warpsharp and so many dehaloing.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:58 pm

it doesn't take that much time to rip a dvd, don't be lazy... you'll spend more time trying to get the MKV "fixed"

Heavy amv
Org Profile

Post by Heavy amv » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:04 pm

1 day to get the 14gb of mkv, 1 week for the 60go of dvd... yeah im lazy. Btw, a new script :
convertToYV12()
Removegrain(1)
aWarpSharp(depth=20.0, blurlevel=2)
DeHalo_alpha(brightstr=1.5, ss=4.0)
BlindDeHalo3( rx=2.0, ry=2.0, strength=150,
\ lodamp=2.0, hidamp=2.0, sharpness=0.0, tweaker=0.0,
\ PPmode=0, PPlimit=0, interlaced=false)
Spline64Resize(848,636)
mSharpen(threshold=30,strength=100)
Ok msharpen is quite old and lest efficient than others, dont pay attention about it. Some pictures, the original footage is at right :

Image Image Image

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Go out and buy the fucking disks and don't download them.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:24 pm

You're killing the few bits of detail that were there to begin with (background in the second pic with the fire is pretty easy to tell).
By the way, nice work having the awarpsharp green line bug on the left side of the image (check the first image or third image, they are more obvious that the second one for that).
Honestly, if you like avatar so much to do a video to it, you might just want to buy the DVDs instead. It's not like it's expensive anyway.

Heavy amv
Org Profile

Post by Heavy amv » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Ok i get it.

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Just in reply to mirkosp's first post, the SS option in DeHalo_alpha is for reducing the aliasing that results from the process of removing the halos. Raising it will help with these, but as far as I have seen and AFAIK it will not protect any detail from being lost. I was also under the impression that Spline64Resize didn't even exist in AVS 2.58, and that in 2.6a it is still broken. Any confirmation? In any case, I would still use Spline36Resize.

Heavy amv, with downloaded footage, you spend time downloading crap then bring it into avisynth and try to do what you can to fix obvious problems. With DVDs, you rip the footage (much faster than downloading 14GB I would think), index it (very fast process), then open it in Avisynth and fix the obvious problems. I count one very small additional step between the two, and the avisynth part should be a lot easier if you use the DVDs. It's also likely to turn out a lot better if you do.

If you still intend to use the MKVs, I can't stress enough that you still shouldn't use DirectShowSource. Mirkosp's advice to use FFVideoSource should not be ignored.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:41 am

Cannonaire wrote:Just in reply to mirkosp's first post, the SS option in DeHalo_alpha is for reducing the aliasing that results from the process of removing the halos. Raising it will help with these, but as far as I have seen and AFAIK it will not protect any detail from being lost.
Idk, I guess SS stands for SuperSample (just checked the wiki, it's true), so it's by how much it should upscale the image before applying the filter... of course the aliasing will be reduced if you apply a filter and then downscale, and I'm positive that the parameters was made available exactly for that, but I guess that using a filter while supersampled would still have a different impact on detail than it would at the original resolution, with the same values.
I was also under the impression that Spline64Resize didn't even exist in AVS 2.58, and that in 2.6a it is still broken. Any confirmation? In any case, I would still use Spline36Resize.
It exists in 2.5.8 (it was introduced in this version along with blackmanresize), but it is somewhat broken, and it was apparently fixed in 2.6. The resizer that was actually introduced in 2.6 is sincresize, but it apparently doesn't produce a proper output yet, according to Mister Hatt. I don't use 2.6 so I wouldn't know...

Heavy amv
Org Profile

Post by Heavy amv » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:51 am

Ok i found the dvds today in a second hand shop. I use the script in the other thread and i come back to you if i have some issues...

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Post by Cannonaire » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:48 am

In response to mirkosp, Sincresize is actually the reason I downloaded 2.6a in the first place. I can assure you the results are indeed wretched. :( I can't say how spline64 looks though.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Return to “AviSynth Help”