Review - V37 - Why Should I Stick Around?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Knowname
Org Profile

Re: Review - V37 - Why Should I Stick Around?

Post by Knowname » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:43 pm

just watched this video, way too much literal allusions for me. And this coming from the editor that makes videos FULL of literal allusions. But this concept primarily deals with the abstract (why should I stick around? even when he's taking off it's just a literal allusion to him leaving the room BUT what it's really saying is I don't need to be here... It simply should have been a more ABSTRACT reference to a AGGRAVATED man). I'm sure DBZ could have made a great source for this concept. And it's RIGHT THERE. But in the end it's SO f*ed up that it SUCKS.

Sorry this video wasn't good back than and it's still not good now.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Knowname wrote:just watched this video, way too much literal allusions for me. And this coming from the editor that makes videos FULL of literal allusions. But this concept primarily deals with the abstract (why should I stick around? even when he's taking off it's just a literal allusion to him leaving the room BUT what it's really saying is I don't need to be here... It simply should have been a more ABSTRACT reference to a AGGRAVATED man). I'm sure DBZ could have made a great source for this concept. And it's RIGHT THERE. But in the end it's SO f*ed up that it SUCKS.

Sorry this video wasn't good back than and it's still not good now.
lolwat? I think we'll have to agree to disagree BIG TIME on this one, buddy. There's a lot to this video you apparently aren't seeing.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:55 pm

and don't want to see :| yeah I simply got 20 seconds in and those kind of logical overlooks (I think a few scenes later it said something that was the TOTAL OPPOSITE of what was shown!) just annoy the hell out of me.

Mostly because I did them once. Only once, cuz I saw how stupid they were when I made it.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:58 pm

I didn't like this at all. I will say this: I don't care for DBZ, and I hated the song, so I admit I wasn't really able to get into it. But beyond that, it just bored me. The editing, while technically sound, was really predictable and typical of similar action videos. I feel it relied too much on hard-cut beat-matching, which is a style I really don't care for. I got the concept and everything, and it came through really well, but I couldn't help feeling as I watched it that it was all just so plain and, to me, uninteresting.

Also, in response to Knowname's comments, while I too tend to dislike it when non-comedy videos go overboard with literal sync, I don't feel this video qualifies in that regard. There were a few times where I thought that, yeah, that scene was a little cheesy there considering the lyrics, but I've seen far worse. For me at least, that was a non-issue in this video.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:39 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:I too tend to dislike it when non-comedy videos go overboard with literal sync, I don't feel this video qualifies in that regard. There were a few times where I thought that, yeah, that scene was a little cheesy there considering the lyrics, but I've seen far worse. For me at least, that was a non-issue in this video.
Here's my reaction to that, I didn't say that! no I didn't no no no noooooooo I didn't noooooo no no. Hell no would I say that, nearly every video I make displays this quality lol

And that is why I didn't like this. like maybe 30% of it absolutely pissed me off! Psh... I wish that I could fly, yet their FLYING in EVERY single instance! lol I LOVED the other 70% I did, but as such THAT IS NOT ENOUGH!! If it's something I would make it HAS to be something that I WOULD MAKE! 100% or I am not satisfied! lol ok...

Return to “General AMV”