Eclectic Audio Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Eclectic Audio Contest

Post by godix » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:52 am

You ever notice that most AMVs use music from the same few genres? This is a contest designed to focus on other sorts of audio. There aren't any really strange audio in here, these are all common musical genres in some part of the world. They just aren't used in AMVs often. Expand yourself, do something that isn't the same damned rock songs as always.

To join just send me a PM or post you're joining in this thread. I will then send you a link to download the songs.

There are six songs provided, one by each judge then three more by me. Let me be upfront and spare you from joining to find out the audio. These are the six bits of audio:

Bette Midler - Otto Titsling
Dead Kennedys - Pull My Strings
JERO - Umiyuki
Neil Gaiman - Crazy Hair
Robert Fripp & The League Of The Crafty Guitarists - An Easy Way
The Dubliners - Whiskey In The Jar

The basic rules:
- There are 3 judges. I'll say who they were at the end of the contest. I am not one of the judges, unless there is a need for a tiebreaker.
- There is a two week deadline. All videos must be completed and gotten to me by Sept 6th 12:01AM CST.
- Audio may be edited. Keep in mind, the judges will know what the original songs sounded like and, I assume, will reward someone who edits it down to 30 seconds with the score they deserve.
- Because this is the org which loves misinterpreting very basic ideas, I suppose I should mention it's expected for you to do only one of the songs. If you wanna do all six, or edit the six into one AMV, then feel free, but no one expects that.
- There is no prize other than bragging rights. Sorry, I'm a cheap bastard.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: Eclectic Audio Contest

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:10 am

I like that I can identify some of the judges based on song choice alone.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:17 am

Kitsuner wrote:I like that I can identify some of the judges based on song choice alone.
Maybe, maybe not. You gotta remember some people around here have influenced my musical taste, or at least provided me with non-typical genres of music over the years.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:21 am

Kitsuner wrote:I like that I can identify some of the judges based on song choice alone.
Yeah, like that time I got a Russian song and it totally wasn't identifiable as coming from George. Definitely not. :O
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:33 am

So I'm like... joining.

Also, go screw yourself

|:>

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:29 am

Sounds intriguing. Sign me up.
Under Construction

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:12 am

inb4 everyone edits to R. Fripp ;x

I'll prolly edit to that... or Neil Gaiman :ying:

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Im joining. Does the amount of songs we do affect our scoring ?
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:48 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Im joining. Does the amount of songs we do affect our scoring ?
That's up to the judges. I'm not giving them any guidelines really, they're free to pick whichever video based on whatever criteria they want. If I felt I had to limit them, then they wouldn't have made good choices for judges.

That being said, I suspect all three of them are more the quality over quantity type. But the deadline is two weeks away, specifically so that people have time to do a complete video rahter than half a vid like most ICs end up as.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:38 pm

Hmmm. Someone just pointed out to me they did not get a reply from me giving them the audio. I *KNOW* I sent them one. Perhaps the org ate the PM or something. Whatever. Just in case that wasn't an isolated instance, if anyone didn't get a link to the audio from me yet, please let me know. AFAIK I've sent out the audio to everyone who wanted to join at this point.

Return to “AMV Contests”