The Otakon 2010 Thread (OK now panic)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2010 Thread (OK now panic)

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Doomimus wrote:
TnAdct1 wrote:Unofficial results:
ROMANCE/SENTIMENTAL
Winner: by Doomimus
Runner-Up: by Code
I haz much happies. :D

Congrats to everyone!
Yeah, that video was great man. I laughed my head off when I saw it on youtube, and I'd probably have voted for it over mine too. That was definitely a deserved win. :up:

I WANT TO SEE THESE AMAZING UPBEAT VIDEOS NOW PEOPLES. :nono:

GreatLupin
Org Profile

Post by GreatLupin » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Hey, I was wondering how my AMV was received. It was the Cowboy Bebop one to the Get Smart theme called The Job, third in the trailer/parody category.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Honou_Miko wrote:Maybe I'll make a parody of "this is the formula for a surefire-win multi-anime comedy video" because I'm noticing there totally is one. I should get on that. ;D
To be fair, I actually entered my video in the Upbeat category, as I saw it as more of a dance vid, plus I wanted to go for the repeat. :P
Honou_Miko wrote:I feel like this is probably asked every year and I don't remember if percentages are given about the entries that didn't place (I remember seeing the percentages for my video last year, but I made runner-up that time). Any chance of finding out the percentages this year?
I know there was one year (2008?) that the percentages were given for the entries that did not place, but I personally thought that was a very bad idea and complained about it. Mainly because I'm sure there were people who would not have wanted their percentages publicly known.
You might want to try PMing Vic directly instead (whenever he gets back from the con).
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Horse over pacific coast party ? Shitdamn some people are dumb. Thats why I'd rather just have the judges decide the winners. It was epic to see my vid played infront of over 2000 people though. I wonder if they have a list of the full standings.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Congrats to all the winners! :up: Must have been one heck of a show!

msanogi
Org Profile

Post by msanogi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:57 pm

TnAdct1 wrote:Unofficial results:
COMEDY
Winner: by @ Productions
Runner-Up: by VivifxAMV
Very honored to have won this one, after seeing Scintilla's vid at the beginning of the section I was almost sure my vid was down for the count. But I'm more than happy with the outcome =D

Congrats to Brakus as well. I know you were excited man, lol. XD
"YAY."

-@ Productions-

DarkMammoth
Org Profile

Post by DarkMammoth » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:11 pm

While I'm glad that "Britannia, [Expletive] Yeah!" won, I'm a little annoyed that the description give a link to a supposed uncensored version but the video is still censored.

msanogi
Org Profile

Post by msanogi » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:04 pm

DarkMammoth wrote:While I'm glad that "Britannia, [Expletive] Yeah!" won, I'm a little annoyed that the description give a link to a supposed uncensored version but the video is still censored.
Lol, I was JUST fixing that on the video description before I saw your post. I'll be uploading the uncensored version to a-m-v.org once I get a chance to sit down at my mac later tonight =D

Sorry for the typo/confusion =0 (To be honest, I HAD planned on putting the uncensored version up on YouTube and linking it, instead of putting it up on here, but the bleeps in the censored version were actually the only thing that got it past the bots interestingly enough.)
"YAY."

-@ Productions-

Shuichiro
Org Profile

Post by Shuichiro » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Anyone got a pic of the ballot from the contest or a similar list of the videos from it? Please?

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:51 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:Horse over pacific coast party ? Shitdamn some people are dumb.
I actually find this result very intriguing.

While I also prefer PCP over this one and also had it slated to win, it's undeniable that Horse was actually very well edited in spite of the source material. Since the dance is intimately known to most of the audience between other AMVs and the enduring HHY fad, it's much easier for them to pick up on and appreciate how much work went into it. Especially if it's actually done well.

Again I also don't agree with the results. But I can't call an audience dumb for being perceptive to effort.

You can argue that use of the Hare Hare Yukai is a cheap way to win votes. But look at all three comedy vids that won some prize. It's obviously the use of logo parodies in your AMV that the audience loves. :awesome:

Return to “AMV Contests”