AnimeNEXT 2010 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
MisterFurious
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2010 AMV Contest

Post by MisterFurious » Sun May 23, 2010 2:37 pm

ReligionX wrote:The following editors will have 1 video shown during the AMV Contest:
Brad DeMoss
W000000000t!!!!

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Sun May 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Yay! :D

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Mon May 24, 2010 6:04 am

I've finally worked out a playlist for the genres of the videos. We will have:

Drama
Sentimental
Action
Upbeat
Comedy / Parody

Our pre-screening judges selected 2-3 genres for almost all of the AMVs submitted. Placing the AMVs into 1 particular genres was exceedingly difficult. I came up with bunches of, "2 videos that are similar," and "3 videos that are similar." In reality, there should be 7 or 8 genres. I paired up the groups of 2s and 3s as best as possible, and we have our lineup. There are always too few upbeat videos, and one of our "dramatic" AMVs was simply too playful to be placed anywhere but upbeat-- considering the level of seriousness that goes into the other Sentimental, Action, and Drama (SAD) AMVs.

If you would like to know, for any particular reason, which genre your AMV has been placed, or what number in the line up of 24 videos your AMV falls, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

--Edit--

I should also note that, "epic," and, "pro," are not genres of AMVs, and did not help me to select the genre of your video. That is about as helpful as, "video, with music." ><
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head
Zenkaikon V Website AnimeNEXT 2011

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:45 pm

I have written down the times for the events from the schedule. It is confusing, since they mixed up the name of what the AMV Contest and the AMV General Screening is. I am not sure how, or why, but they did, and it's too late at this point to change it.

Friday - 2:30 PM - Events B - AMV Contest (voting) 1
Friday - 7:00 PM - Video IV - AMV General Screening 1
Saturday - 10:30 AM - Events B - AMV Contest (voting) 2
Saturday - 2:30 PM - Video IV - AMV General Screening 2
Sunday - 10:00 AM - Main Events - AMV Contest Encore
Sunday - 1:30 PM - Panel 2 - AMV Basics Panel

That is what the schedule should read. It does not read that. It is going to cause problems. I can already see it. I apologize.

Later on, I will post a playlist for General Screening 1 and 2, so that editors will know which showing to attend.
AnimeNEXT 09, 10, 11 AMV Head, Zenkaikon 08, 09, 11 AMV Head, Tandokucon 07 AMV & Fan Parody Head

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:11 pm

The following Editors will have at least 1 video shown during General Screening 1 on Friday
Ahmetia Campbell
Anime Chaos Productions
Baitmaster
Bea0661
Caliguana Studios
Celticozzy1203
DragonsEqualLife
drewaconclusion
EdgeWinds
Gibeon Zebulon
Jeffrey Rolek
kaho produtions
LadyPicies
latiasfan2004
Midnyte Thunder
MM Is The Freak
NejiijeN
PurpleEyes
Shadowcat Productions
Still Alive Studios
Velociraptor Pictures
zeiram00

The following Editors will have at least 1 video shown during General Screening 2 on Saturday
Ahmetia Campbell
Anime Chaos Productions
Anime Pandemonium
Baitmaster
Bea0661
Caliguana Studios
Celticozzy1203
DragonsEqualLife
drewaconclusion
EdgeWinds
Gibeon Zebulon
kaho produtions
Kevin Clayton
LadyPicies
Midnyte Thunder
MM Is The Freak
NejiijeN
PurpleEyes
Shadowcat Productions
Still Alive Studios
Velociraptor Pictures
zeiram00
Padre (if I can clear an age appropriate audience, otherwise, no.)

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:04 am

I am signing off. I won't have internet access until Sunday night. I'll post the play lists and results after the convention, probably Monday evening. I apologize again for the scheduling mix up. I'll try to make sure signs are up, and visible with these corrections.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:57 pm

I probably should have put this up last night, since ReligionX said he won't be back to his computer until tonight, but here's an unofficial list of winners.

Drama: FilipinoKidAMV (not sure on the user account)'s "Gotta Be Somebody" (Kingdom Hearts)
Sentimental: Dragon/Roy's "A Little Late" (Ef - a tale of melodies)
Action: Studio Hybrid's "Building Steam" (Steamboy)
Upbeat: Corsair's "Magic Oven Mittens" (K-ON!)
Comedy: Travolta3335's "Phoenix Wright: Smooth Criminal" (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:57 pm

Scintilla wrote:I probably should have put this up last night, since ReligionX said he won't be back to his computer until tonight, but here's an unofficial list of winners.
Scintilla, thank you for all of your help. If you were not there during the panel, I probably would have left half way through, and told everyone the presentation was over. I don't think you had any idea either.

I'll get a playlist up tomorrow. I had the most successful screenings of AMV Contests and AMV General Screenings since I have started running contests. The presentations were flawless, and the attendances of both events was higher than before.

I had an absolutely embarrassing, frustrating, and totally unnecessary experience hosting a panel today. If you were there, I apologize for the poor presentation. There was something going on there that I don't think anyone was aware of, and I did everything I could to keep from it turning into a conflict. I was so frazzled by the experience, I left the convention as fast as I could, and wanted to vomit, and almost did. I presented about half of what I intended to present, and pretty much every word out of my mouth was not as it was intended to be. I feel that it would be inappropriate to go into further detail.

At this time, I am going to say that I may never participate in a panel ever again, but given that that this was an unusual circumstances, I may change my mind by next year. I'll probably continue to run AMV Contests, but that's not something I want to think about either, until next year.

Thank you everyone who helped to make AnimeNEXT 2010's AMV Contest and General Screening what it was by submitting the videos you did. Congratulations to the winning editors. If you have not received your prize, please send me an e-mail, and I will forward your information to our prize department. I am open to feedback about my personal performance as the AMV Head, and to any other AMV related topics under control of the convention as a whole.

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:16 pm

Scintilla wrote:I probably should have put this up last night, since ReligionX said he won't be back to his computer until tonight, but here's an unofficial list of winners.

hot DAMN nic! :shock:

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:01 am

Rider4Z wrote:

hot DAMN nic! :shock:
Wow, that's great. Congrats to the other winners as well.

"We're Building Steam"
"Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Return to “AMV Contests”