Video encoded in Zarx264gui comes out all pixely

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Chaobunny12
Org Profile

Video encoded in Zarx264gui comes out all pixely

Post by Chaobunny12 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:13 pm

Maybe I'm just a total noob, but I can't get this to work. =(

I have a gigantic 1.5 GB .avi AMV file compressed with the Lagarith lossless codec, and I need to shrink it for con submission. Format factory throws off my timing, so I'm trying Zarx264gui. I'm using the newest version, 1.31, which I've never used before- I've always worked with the older version.

If anyone is curious, my .avi file is also at 23.976 fps.

But anyway, the mp4 video file I get after Zarx264gui converts the avi is all pixely and the frames jump around. I can't figure out why that is or what I did wrong- it loaded into the program just fine.

I procrastinated and kind of need to encode this by tomorrow night, so uh....help please? :sweat:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Video encoded in Zarx264gui comes out all pixely

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:17 pm

What settings do you have on Zarxgui, or could you provide a screenshot of both the zarxgui interface AND the video iteslf?

Chaobunny12
Org Profile

Post by Chaobunny12 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:22 pm

I'm currently overwriting the file and trying the encode again, so I can't post a screencap. But I have the audio bitrate set to 192 and the quantizer set to 20, and I left all other settings default.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:57 pm

The first thing I would suggest is to update your decoder software, if it's at all outdated. This is especially true for CoreAVC users, as the issue with --weightp 2 wasn't fixed until last November or December when 2.0 came out. So what you could be experiencing is that niggling little issue. If that is the case, there is nothing wrong with the video. Update CoreAVC or use [preferably a recent build of] ffdshow.

Another way to test this would be to download and install SMPlayer (under the MPlayer for Windows header) and open the video in it. If the issue doesn't show up, more than likely it's weightp.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Chaobunny12
Org Profile

Post by Chaobunny12 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks for all your help. I'm kind of embarrassed by this, but I figured out that the only problem was that windows media player doesn't like mp4 files ^^;;;; It played fine in another media player.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”