Converting .ogm files to .avi

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Converting .ogm files to .avi

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat May 15, 2010 6:50 pm

That hasn't been updated since r240 though. It does in fact split and decode properly, the issues are with seeking and how it fetches blocks from I or P frames. Both Haali's splitter and libavformat are not confirmed frame accurate for cutting or whatever else. If using libavformat, the seeking issues can be cleared up with the seekmode argument, a value of 0 is preferred for ogm, and do note it will be slow.

TheRyuu
Org Profile

Post by TheRyuu » Wed May 19, 2010 11:27 pm

If the video codec is divx/xvid then you can just remux the video into avi without need for re-encoding. For the audio you may have to re-encode the vorbis to mp3 or something but that should be easy with lame.

Mogadean
Org Profile

Post by Mogadean » Thu May 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:@Qyot27: Completely unecessary and I don't now why you wrote that.
@Mogadean:
>I am good with avisynth
>I was trying to use ffvideosource but .ogms do not natively open up through virtualdub

Clearly you either suck with avisynth or... No actually, that's about the only option. ffvideosource("your.ogm")
First of all, you are cruel, but secondly I didn't mean good as in skilled/proficient; I meant good as in "I understand it".
Qyot27 wrote:1. Download & install Haali's Media Splitter; default settings are fine.
2. Write AviSynth script to open the .ogm with FFVideoSource
3. Open in VirtualDub 1.9.9 and cut clips/compress to lossless/whatever else you need to do.
4. ?
5. Profit.

or

1. Download & install MKVToolNix
2. Open the .ogm in mkvmerge GUI and press the 'Start muxing' button.
3. Write an AviSynth script opening the new .mkv file with FFVideoSource.
4. See points 3-5 in the first list.

or

1. Open .ogm in VirtualDubMod.
2. Set Video menu to 'Direct Stream Copy'.
3. Save as usual to an AVI file.
4. Write AviSynth script opening AVI file with AVISource.
5. See points 3-5 in the first list.
Thanks so much! I tried it all however and nothing worked. I am pretty sure my files are the problem, not the method. I have been all over the internet trying ways to even OPEN the ogms and to no avail. :(

Thanks All! :D

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu May 20, 2010 3:22 pm

If not even loading them with ffvideosource worked, chances are they might just be bad files or something along those lines. Get a better source, perhaps the DVDs since they are available (not sure how easily, but they are).

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat May 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Paste the mediainfo output, or some other container/codec info tool output, for your ogms. Might be able to salvage them but chances are the DVD's are a better choice anyway.

I'm not cruel, just pragmatic.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”