How do you spread the word about your favorite artists?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: How do you spread the word about your favorite artists?

Post by Shui » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Douggie wrote:Heh, we live in a time where we can send Youtube links to each other, use widgets/embeds (like the ones for Reverbnation), tweet stuff and you guys are still sending MP3s to each other? :o
Yes, I think an mp3 on the harddisk is almost a gift. A youtube link has (most of the time) horrible quality and is easily forgotten.
What I would link to is the soundcloud profile OR myspace link.
Douggie wrote: [blablabla]... to people in the hopes they will buy the album? Would you guys do that?
If I really like the Band, I would've recommended and supported them anyway. Fact is, if they give a concert it is most likely far away. And if it isn't I would ask a friend or two which I think are open enough to come along. What I've done is donated some money or sometimes I get emails asking for vote for the band on this or that site, I do that too.
Douggie wrote: @Shui: Thanks for the reply! So if nobody you know goes, do you ever go online and see if your online friends that live near would go too (if you have any of those that is). I heard some stories that people search up other people at event pages like the ones last.fm has if they don't have anybody to go with. Would you ever do that or are you just sure you will meet people there?
I don't have many online friends that I don't personally know. I'm really sure that I meet people there. In the beggining of the year I went to london, I made friends with the people at the hostel and was surprised that 2 Italian guys came just like me only for that particular party :up: . Maybe I was lucky up to now - but I've always found somebody to hang out with.
I'd have no problem to meet with strangers in order to go to a party since I'm quite open regarding that matter. It just didn't cross my mind to try it. Maybe I will in the future :P
Douggie wrote: So do you get the chance to talk to a lot of artists?
The lesser people are on the event the greater the chance that you'll meet them.
I wouldn't say a lot, but the chances are there. I've met Deefine and Adam F up to now this year.
I've spoken to a lot of very interesting people at partys, doesn't always have to be artists. Thanks to that I am now an Administrator on the swiss community for big beats. http://www.bigbeat.ch (Check out our Radio \o/)
Douggie wrote: Do they just go to the artist and praise their show/songs or do they talk about stuff like music gear or even their personal life?
I like to talk about the music itself (Mostly Breakbeat or Drum n'Bass) or ask them how they got into making music. Since I do it myself as a hobby I really think it's interesting to see how others decided to make a living out of it.
Music history is also a nice topic.
And if there was a track played I really like I ask for the Title if I can point out the song before/after. Simply anything that a big fan of the music would find worthy to talk about. (And Artists/DJs/Promoters are the biggest ones)
Douggie wrote: What other sort of 1-on-1 with artists would you like to have with artists?
I don't understand the question but it seems a little perverted to me. I'm not gay and there aren't many girls producing breakbeat.

Aswell, I'm quite special I don't think I could speak for a broad mass in terms of your work whatever you're doing thing.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Return to “General Discussion”